1JZGTE VVTI Dyno Results with Edamage

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
He did ask me to send it over to his office in Pahang, Kuantan.

I am using emanage as none of the standalone i know of can control automatic gearbox, the ECU is cheap to get but wiring up and get it work "PERFECTLY" is so much harder compare to manual. Hence i try not to mess with original ECU, just need AFR and ignition timing tuned up will do. I am not aftering high HP, max i will go for 1.0 bar for stock CT15B turbocharger, we should be looking at 350 hp max at the flywheel. If you know any ECU that can control auto gearbox, let me know !

Thanks,
Ken
Links G4 for Supra AT don't have?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
He did ask me to send it over to his office in Pahang, Kuantan.

I am using emanage as none of the standalone i know of can control automatic gearbox, the ECU is cheap to get but wiring up and get it work "PERFECTLY" is so much harder compare to manual. Hence i try not to mess with original ECU, just need AFR and ignition timing tuned up will do. I am not aftering high HP, max i will go for 1.0 bar for stock CT15B turbocharger, we should be looking at 350 hp max at the flywheel. If you know any ECU that can control auto gearbox, let me know !

Thanks,
Ken
GunnerZ already pointed out the answer regarding the TCU control.

MaxxECU pro and some other models can control the Toyotal Axxx series of trannies

and not only MaxxECU, iirc the other brands can do the same. MaxxECU is just more open about it. Heck it can even control DCT, DSG and in theres the car with a rojak combination of the BMW ZF tranny being completely controlled by the MaxxECU pro paired with a 2JZ engine. Paddle shifter too. It's damn cool :

There's a full article from Paul Tan about this car too but I don't want to link it here in case they marah like they did last time with LY.

Anyway our cars nowadays are pretty much ancient so there's no such thing as "can't be done" with regards to our old tech stuff. The newer cars however is a different story.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Your last sentence made me straightaway google to find if such ECU exist. One of it is Maxxpro ecu. However after reading few lines of technical explanation...i am lost.hahahah. There is at least 2 more brand but it seems like they are designed to work with american make and model with capability to alter lock up point, shifting point and some other parameter.

Please update here if u manage to find such ECU and make it work. This is very interesting.
MaxX Ecu Pro i knew about their capabilities to control AT and DSG gearbox, what i am worried is anyone locally "pro" enough to making them work properly or not. Another option is convert my ECU to manual, use standalone TCU to properly program the gearbox, i know one brand from South Africa, Diktator TCU can do this, we can adjust automatic shift points based on throttle opening by reading TPS sensor. It also allows adjustment to fluid pressure to increase bite of the clutches. Dude promised me plug and play of this unit, so i am keeping my options open to that.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
GunnerZ already pointed out the answer regarding the TCU control.

MaxxECU pro and some other models can control the Toyotal Axxx series of trannies

and not only MaxxECU, iirc the other brands can do the same. MaxxECU is just more open about it. Heck it can even control DCT, DSG and in theres the car with a rojak combination of the BMW ZF tranny being completely controlled by the MaxxECU pro paired with a 2JZ engine. Paddle shifter too. It's damn cool :

There's a full article from Paul Tan about this car too but I don't want to link it here in case they marah like they did last time with LY.

Anyway our cars nowadays are pretty much ancient so there's no such thing as "can't be done" with regards to our old tech stuff. The newer cars however is a different story.
Yup i knew about MaxX ECU Pro and their abilities to control Toyota A series gearbox. My issue is on the installer and tuner. MaxX will kill 2 birds with one stone if the tuner are very knowledgeable. At this moment, i think of swapping the stock ECU to manual type, and get another TCU to solely handle the gearbox is safer bet.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
MaxX Ecu Pro i knew about their capabilities to control AT and DSG gearbox, what i am worried is anyone locally "pro" enough to making them work properly or not. Another option is convert my ECU to manual, use standalone TCU to properly program the gearbox, i know one brand from South Africa, Diktator TCU can do this, we can adjust automatic shift points based on throttle opening by reading TPS sensor. It also allows adjustment to fluid pressure to increase bite of the clutches. Dude promised me plug and play of this unit, so i am keeping my options open to that.
South Africa? I am very scared with South African brands now. Hahahaha...

As for MaxxEcu pros - I know a guy who can do it.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
South Africa? I am very scared with South African brands now. Hahahaha...

As for MaxxEcu pros - I know a guy who can do it.
Care to elaborate ?

Oh ? Can this guy install a 5 speed A650E to My 1JZ as well ? Supposing the housing is the same and do not require modification, except for the output flange to driveshaft. If he can install the 5 speed gearbox, wiring up the ECU to both engine and gearbox, i am more than happy to get a full quote on the project.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Care to elaborate ?
Can't. I don't want to get in trouble with the local supplier who's known to be particular about these things.

Oh ? Can this guy install a 5 speed A650E to My 1JZ as well ? Supposing the housing is the same and do not require modification, except for the output flange to driveshaft. If he can install the 5 speed gearbox, wiring up the ECU to both engine and gearbox, i am more than happy to get a full quote on the project.
Let me ask him and I'll back to you. What do you want to do specifically? I'll convey the message and let you know if it can be done.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Can't. I don't want to get in trouble with the local supplier who's known to be particular about these things.

Let me ask him and I'll back to you. What do you want to do specifically? I'll convey the message and let you know if it can be done.
Ok i respect that.

My 5 speed automatic project as below:

1.) Source a Toyota 35-50LS (A650E), chopped out from either Lexus LS 430, SC400, SC430, or Toyota Crown Majesta 4.0 (General year 2000-2004). These 5 models are known to have 1UZFE VVTI engine, the A650e from this era are improved to withstand higher torque rating from the V8.

2.) Mate the A650E to 1JZGTE VVTI, as far as i know the bellhousing is the same. We probably need to look into input and output flanges to make sure they mate perfectly

3.) Wire up the MaxX Pro ECU to both engine and gearbox. Setup the engine and transmission altogether.

I don't want to pay 2 different tuners in this project, so if your contact can do both hardware and software together, i am more than happy to get a quote.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Alternatively i have an odd idea, i know some 1JZ non turbo variant, especially those 1JZGE with VVTI, factory comes with the same Toyota A650e gearbox to drive small torque 1JZGE engine. I'd thought of using its ECU to control both 1JZGTE VVTI engine and the 5 speeder. Since i already have eManage, i will use eManage to intercept the 1JZGE ECU to control the turbo engine.

This idea is crazy but not necessarily workable. What's your guys opinion.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Alternatively i have an odd idea, i know some 1JZ non turbo variant, especially those 1JZGE with VVTI, factory comes with the same Toyota A650e gearbox to drive small torque 1JZGE engine. I'd thought of using its ECU to control both 1JZGTE VVTI engine and the 5 speeder. Since i already have eManage, i will use eManage to intercept the 1JZGE ECU to control the turbo engine.

This idea is crazy but not necessarily workable. What's your guys opinion.
Basically the Edamage is controlling the engine but the tranny is still managed by the ECU right?
Its just like getting another TCU to handle gb without the tuning process of the TCU as engine already managed by Edamage. Sounds much simpler on paper.

I like the idea of a seperate TCU as i will have an interesting reading material here.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Basically the Edamage is controlling the engine but the tranny is still managed by the ECU right?
Its just like getting another TCU to handle gb without the tuning process of the TCU as engine already managed by Edamage. Sounds much simpler on paper.

I like the idea of a seperate TCU as i will have an interesting reading material here.
Yes that's what i meant, Edamage will control all the engine operations, while the transmission program in stock 1JZGE ECU still contolls the 5 speed. In theory it could work but whether will it fire up the engine or not, its another question, since the differences betweem 1JZGE and GTE is only the turbo.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok i respect that.

1.) Source a Toyota 35-50LS (A650E), chopped out from either Lexus LS 430, SC400, SC430, or Toyota Crown Majesta 4.0 (General year 2000-2004). These 5 models are known to have 1UZFE VVTI engine, the A650e from this era are improved to withstand higher torque rating from the V8.

2.) Mate the A650E to 1JZGTE VVTI, as far as i know the bellhousing is the same. We probably need to look into input and output flanges to make sure they mate perfectly

3.) Wire up the MaxX Pro ECU to both engine and gearbox. Setup the engine and transmission altogether.

I don't want to pay 2 different tuners in this project, so if your contact can do both hardware and software together, i am more than happy to get a quote.

Thanks,
Ken
I've forwarded the inquiry to my mech/tuner. I'll let you know once I get a reply.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok i respect that.

Thanks,
Ken
My mech loves this kinda rojak jobs Hahaha... he replied almost instantly after I messaged him. He said "Are you sure MaxxECU Pro? That ECU alone is already RM12k"

Gulp... I said Mitevo got money no problem.

Then he said your rojak mashup is no problem and tuning the TCU with the ECU no problem but he needs to see what you have, whats enabled, whats missing etc before he can properly quote. Let me know if you wanna pay him a visit.

Reactions: leinnz

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My mech loves this kinda rojak jobs Hahaha... he replied almost instantly after I messaged him. He said "Are you sure MaxxECU Pro? That ECU alone is already RM12k"

Gulp... I said Mitevo got money no problem.

Then he said your rojak mashup is no problem and tuning the TCU with the ECU no problem but he needs to see what you have, whats enabled, whats missing etc before he can properly quote. Let me know if you wanna pay him a visit.
Walao eh dude, what do you mean by Mitevo got money no problem LOL. Well the ECU cost is within my expectation though but i still have to factor in the costs A650e, propeller shaft modifications to fit the gearbox, tuning and ETC, all together will be somewhere 16-17k.

My another option is use 2JZGE that has the 5 speeder gearbox ECU to control the gearbox, think your mech can help advise will this rojak works ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the max Temperature that this pad can withstand ?

How much is the market price now?

The ride is Suzuki Swift 1.5 the pad is for front brake ~

Thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience