1JZGTE VVTI Dyno Results with Edamage

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi Folks,

After 2 years of running my E46ci with unoptimized 1JZGTE VVTI, i picked up an Edamage Blue which i had for several years to hook it up. As expected, used ECU always had problems, my ignition harness is not readable but the rest of it works fine. Initial runs started with 235 whp/ 315nm wtq at 5.2k RPM. A few more runs and we achieved 251 whp / 320 nm wtq at 5.1k RPM. I am not sure whether this is a healthy result of 1JZGTE VVTI, considering factory declared crank HP is at 276hp which i knew its underrated. Everything is stock except for intercooler pipes, air filter pipe, downpipe and exhaust.

It does drive much better and responsive than before, turbo spool much better and does not consume so much fuel i think. Still experimenting.

Next i will need to fix up the ignition timing on the ECU, get aftermarket FPR, boost controller, and increase the turbo to 1 bar. We should be seeing at 270 whp after that.

Cheers,
Ken

IMG_0145.JPG

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Give your car specs man. I'm curious to see how it was built
Hi man, its been a while, spec as below:

Engine:
Stock 1JZGTE VVTI
Custom 2.5" intercooler pipes
Forge Racing Intercooler
Custom downpipe
Custom mid section 2.5 pipe
24" straight flow resonator
12" straight flow mid muffler
FGK 3.0 Straight Flow Muffler
Apexi Cone Air Filter
Iridium IK20 spark plugs (came together with the engine, not sure how old it is)

Transmission
A340E Stock

ECU
1JZGTE VVTI stock ecu wired with Greddy Edamage Blue

All the above got me to 251 whp at 5.2k RPM. I think would be seeing 260 at 6.5k RPM as that's RPM cut off point.

I am pretty satisfy with what i have now but as mentioned, going to repair the ignition harness part, get a boost controller, FPR and i will tune on dyno again for 1 bar of boost on stock CT15B.

Cheers
Ken

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why do you keep calling it EDamage ?
Cause it does more damage than good in the wrong hands.

Where was the tuning done? Are they good?

Reactions: parakey

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
250whp equates to about 310-320hp @ crank so that's a good number, especially at only 0.7 bar and you don't have much other mods. Btw 2jz in the US was factory rated at 320hp so 1jz by right should be lower.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Why do you keep calling it EDamage ?
Thank to Izso, i can't get Edamage out from my head.
Cause it does more damage than good in the wrong hands.

Where was the tuning done? Are they good?
Done it at JC Racing despite some bad reviews, went ahead to test it myself and i was supervising the tuning all the way. I must say, they are pretty good, used about 1 hour to get it optimized when the wiring is done. They can't figure out how to wire up the ignition part though, they said its damaged but the other ECU repair guy i asked said it isn't. So who's correct i am not sure.

Damages your wallet.
Definitely but i got the Edamage for quite cheap so no complain so far.

250whp equates to about 310-320hp @ crank so that's a good number, especially at only 0.7 bar and you don't have much other mods. Btw 2jz in the US was factory rated at 320hp so 1jz by right should be lower.
Yeah with the traditional 4 speed auto gearbox, transmission lost at about 20%, i think its quite healthy, if i could adjust the ignition timing and increase the boost pressure to 1 bar, i should be seeing 270whp, but for now its fun enough to shred some tires. Next plan is to modify the mechatronic to make the hydraulic oil pressure higher for faster shift.

Cheers,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Ok but the whole modding endeavour is damaging to the wallet.
Definitely damaging but less damaged taken. I can still spend some for other mods. But first want to fix this Edamage (literally). Can anyone see if the below can be fixed ? I need my ignition timing back, JC Racing's Jacky said the circle area is the damaged or faulty area.

1608717323070.png

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Definitely damaging but less damaged taken. I can still spend some for other mods. But first want to fix this Edamage (literally). Can anyone see if the below can be fixed ? I need my ignition timing back, JC Racing's Jacky said the circle area is the damaged or faulty area.

View attachment 579479
i recommend Repair ECU 1 Malaysia - Steven is pretty damn knowledgeable. But he's in Pahang now, no longer in Subang.

But hor... the reason why I call it eDamage is because of the number of fakes out there and the way the eManage mysteriously resets itself in some cases plus how it's not able to manage close loop, you're better off with a better ECU. What you using now that the eManage is out?

Save up for a proper Link or ECUMaster or MaxxEcu standalone la. The difference is night and day and the amount of money you pay to have it tuned is just a little more vs the Greddy.

Reactions: gunnerzz

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
i recommend Repair ECU 1 Malaysia - Steven is pretty damn knowledgeable. But he's in Pahang now, no longer in Subang.

But hor... the reason why I call it eDamage is because of the number of fakes out there and the way the eManage mysteriously resets itself in some cases plus how it's not able to manage close loop, you're better off with a better ECU. What you using now that the eManage is out?

Save up for a proper Link or ECUMaster or MaxxEcu standalone la. The difference is night and day and the amount of money you pay to have it tuned is just a little more vs the Greddy.
He did ask me to send it over to his office in Pahang, Kuantan.

I am using emanage as none of the standalone i know of can control automatic gearbox, the ECU is cheap to get but wiring up and get it work "PERFECTLY" is so much harder compare to manual. Hence i try not to mess with original ECU, just need AFR and ignition timing tuned up will do. I am not aftering high HP, max i will go for 1.0 bar for stock CT15B turbocharger, we should be looking at 350 hp max at the flywheel. If you know any ECU that can control auto gearbox, let me know !

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Agreed with your recommendation on Steven even i have never use his service but I did contact him on removing immobiliser from my Waja ECU. I like that he likes challenge and willing to work on my ECU.
What he did when repairing any electronic device is pretty simple but what he actually did is actually pretty damn hard.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
He did ask me to send it over to his office in Pahang, Kuantan.

I am using emanage as none of the standalone i know of can control automatic gearbox, the ECU is cheap to get but wiring up and get it work "PERFECTLY" is so much harder compare to manual. Hence i try not to mess with original ECU, just need AFR and ignition timing tuned up will do. I am not aftering high HP, max i will go for 1.0 bar for stock CT15B turbocharger, we should be looking at 350 hp max at the flywheel. If you know any ECU that can control auto gearbox, let me know !

Thanks,
Ken
Your last sentence made me straightaway google to find if such ECU exist. One of it is Maxxpro ecu. However after reading few lines of technical explanation...i am lost.hahahah. There is at least 2 more brand but it seems like they are designed to work with american make and model with capability to alter lock up point, shifting point and some other parameter.

Please update here if u manage to find such ECU and make it work. This is very interesting.

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all you detailing 'kakis',

Finally, we now have a detailing center that not only provides professional detailing services, but also using the complete range of Meguiar's products imported from USA!

The place is called Harry Bright and they are located in Taman Mayang, along the same row as YS Khong and Stuttgart.

These guys are serious as they even use Meguiar's shampoo for car wash! Even engine cleaning uses Meguiar's degreaser! Wow, no more 'Ah Kau' or 'Ah lok' products to damage my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience