1992 Ford Telstar

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
what the!?....u at Cheras too,? Im at Cheras too lar.....then Steven'c Corner should be a good lar....is it far from ur place? its very near to mine lar.....i can actually walk from my place to Steven's Corner...hehehheeee. Or any other place u have in mind?

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
sudha - wat's ur phone number mate? guess I dun have it lar....searched my old sms, found nothing......mine is 012-2794271, this weekend going to hometown....if ur free next Sat, we can meet up & TT lar.

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
pics....

dei machanz!!!!! me a macha too lar......long live machanz!!!!!
check out another dude's bodykit pics....done at Kajang area.....

dead_rules

Known Member
Mar 20, 2006
can anybody help me...i got some probs here...when i press the gas pedal jutz to increase the rpm b4 i release the clutch for gears,it seems that my car really jurks like crazy.even when ure cruising on the highway and so suddnly u need to brake and release the presure on the gas paddle,and when u press back the paddle it jurks,i when to check my fuel pump but it was still working properly.izit a problem with my throttle cable? by da way,im driving a ford telstar 1.8 1992,sohc with the carbie...change to new carbie already..but not webber lorhh...hehe...need help guyz...

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
dude its your carburetor....

My guess is your carb is dirty or you have a vacuum problem.

find a reliable mech and get that carb serviced...

nothing to do with your throttle linkage

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
pics...

sudha - did u chk the pics i attached? by the way, this sat ok vah?
lemme know ......

j3ff_lwh

May 10, 2006
fzavier, how is your Telstar V6 FC? I'm driving Telstar V6 body (4 cyl) 1999 model. My telstar FC is pretty bad. RM60 only good for 230kms only... (after latest petrol price hike). Highway driving is pretty good though... RM60 can reach 380kms.

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
Fc...

havent checked since the fuel hike....but since mine is 6 cylinder and a 2.5 Litres (KLZE) eng, city driving is bad....also since mine is auto, double bad. But it s great for long distance cruising. I will check again the FC and see the figures.....

j3ff_lwh said:
fzavier, how is your Telstar V6 FC? I'm driving Telstar V6 body (4 cyl) 1999 model. My telstar FC is pretty bad. RM60 only good for 230kms only... (after latest petrol price hike). Highway driving is pretty good though... RM60 can reach 380kms.

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
But for daily commuting to and fro work I use my 2nd car which is the Nissan March SuperTurbo K10.....pretty small 930cc car but a real pocket rocket.....heheheheee. The torque and pickup is much much greater than my KLZE, since its twin-charged.

j3ff_lwh

May 10, 2006
2.5i V6? I taught CKD Ford Telstar V6 was 2.0i V6? Did you changed the engine? OR Did you import this car personally?

Last edited:

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
I changed the engine lar bro.....just get a KLZE from any chop shop, I was lucky to find a relatively new engine with very very good condition......cost me a miserable 1K, and since the engine is a direct drop in, without any mods involved, the labour was only RM 300 including consumables like eng oil, other parts, incl. the refrigerant top up and full service.....all in RM 1300. Dollar for dollar that was the best mod I ever done to my ride as the HP was bumped from 150ish to 200ish bhp.....

j3ff_lwh said:
2.5i V6? I taught CKD Ford Telstar V6 was 2.0i V6? Did you changed the engine? OR Did you import this car personally?

j3ff_lwh

May 10, 2006
1k for a 2.5 V6 engine is quite cheap... Is it a Mazda KLZE or Ford Engine? Taken from Ford Probe, Mazda MX6?

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
sudha, just dont kill me when u come and chk out my ride.....heheheheee

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Brother Brother ZTH..

Just wanna to ask coz very lazy to do checking one by one on my car..

I am driving Auto Kancil L500 Turbo 3piston..
The problem is when I stop my car for let say 1 minute..
My car start to jerk for a while..(2-3times) and the aircond comp open back to gain back the timing so that the car wont off..

Is trottle kong?or vacumn kong or map sensor kong?
Have you all ever face the same problem as mine for my car?(Dun care wht car and engine la..)
Kindly gave me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience