1.6 Wira & RM8k Given....What would you do ?

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
cksiow said:
Thanks for all replies, sorry for slow response due to poor connectivity i got here.

Well, basically I wanna prepare a ride nicely before I come out to "Society University". So, right now I still don't know how far would i be traveling with my car everyday. Still job-hunting.

The Wira is actually inherited from my brother, so interior need no major works. Just on the exterior and peformance would be more concerned. Alternatively, I got the choice to choose a KIA Sephia to be modded.

As for engine, was contemplating to transplant a 1.6Mivec or a 1.8 Putra engine. I'm still not so convinced with the GSR engine as I don't have much faith on turbo (reliability wise).Hope to have more comments and feed-backs. Which would be wiser ? I don't need a monster, but i would enjoy a throttle responsive car something like the 1.7 VTEC Civic would do fine.

For the handling wise, I think i shall play with the stabilizer bars first. Later only i shall change the shocks / coil-overs. Mod step by step to learn and feel what each individual component contributes.
Throttle responsive as the 1.7 VTEC Civic eh.....like that RM8K I will get the 4G93 1.8 NA/4G92 DOHC 1.6 non MIVEC then the rest of the money go for handling and etc :)

If can spent more a bit, go for the 1.6 MIVEC....recommended :)

leftfoot

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
if i had a 1.6 4g92p, and an 8k, i would do these..

titan suspensions = rm2.8k (including installation and 2years warranty)
ultra racing 4point front and 3 point rear struts = rm360 (including installation)
ultra racing 3point fender bar = rm 230 (including installation)
ultra racing 19mm rear antiroll bar = rm290 (excluding installation)
yokohama avs sport (assuming u have a 15inch rim) = rm960 (240each)

of these 4 things.. u get superb handling i can say.. and can outrun most powerfull cars with cheap tyres on roundbouts or winding roads.

that leaves you with rm3360. . lets look at some safety upgrades.

pro rs steel-braided brake hose = rm 270
dot 4 brake fluid = rm50
performance brake pads (front only) around rm 150 (including installation of the 2)

throttle response,
4-2-1 powerzone extractor= rm340 including installation
1.78inch inside diameter stainless steal piping = rm200

go for the best open pod airfilters, i would suggest a bmc-style from racecraft would do the job, as its not so noisy. considering your big pocket..

racecraft bmc style air filter with cai = rm450 excluding installation.
u could easily do a diy on installation but a minor mod to rearrange the battery due to the size of the big 'barrel' type airfilter.

now whats left is rm1900.

if you really want more performance,.. visit powerzone and have ur cams regrind. will cost u rm1300 but u'll gain serious HPs

then u'll be left with rm600 to fill that tank while hammering on the throttle for 1-2 weeks while ur still excited bout ur new upgrade.. heh..

all i can say from these listed upgrades. you'll be getting superb handling for n NA and quite fast throttle response with balance braking performance

some of those upgrades i did already.. so pm me if wanna ask anything. can also get u those places to install some of those upgrades mentioned above.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Item(s): Ambipur refill pack

Package includes:
• Aqua
• Citrius Zest
• Pacific Air
• Vanilla Bouquet
• Waves
• Tobacco
• Lavender (NEW !!!)
• Fresh & Floral (NEW !!!)
• Fresh & Light (NEW !!!)
• Fresh & Cool (NEW !!!)

Price: RM8.00

Dealing method: COD

Location of seller:Kelana Square,The curve area, Palm Spring, Puchong or subang

Contact method/details:Email [email protected] Tony 0123181879

Item(s) conditions:New
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience