X-Trail owners

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Oh ... I get you now ... uses the SR20DET engine ... That could be quite potent. Not sure if I am up for all the mods (and another full-cut :confused: - been trying to get rid of my other half-cut for ages now and it had taked an entire room full of car junks) again since dealing with my own's RB26 is a handful enough ... Hahaha ...

And in fact, planning to keep it quite stock, apart from the 34-GTR rim I have spare, e-manage and maybe bits and pieces ... The suv is meant for the missy instead ... :rofl:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Eyong
it not SR20DET but SR20VET

280whp on a puny GT2560 turbo
imagine it on a GT30 Turbo.. it kick many car ass

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Hahaha ... You are probably right. Yeah, would be a sight to see when a "regular" looking suv kicked some serious arses ... Hahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, am still looking for some info on the x-trail ... :confused:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks jdmr31 ... Will check into that link for sure ... :adore:

Pannning seriously in getting a 06-07 year 2.5 soon ... So darn addicted to this car :adore:

ned22am

Sep 11, 2008
bro how this xtrail GT look alike? got any pics? @ usefull website?:adore:

Dec 29, 2008
Hi there,

Extremely happy 2005 X-Trail 2.5 owner here. Bought it new, third Nissan in the household, very satisfied :biggrin:

Pros: When I was shopping around back in 2005, the X-Trail was clearly a winner when it came to seating space + cargo capacity over all the local japanese rivals for that price. It was also the most powerful, and to me, the best looking.

Cons: Apart from the center-mounted speedometer :hmpf:, the only other complaint is the engine vibration that I get when the car is stationary with the gear lever in "D" and the A/C on. Yet when it is running, the engine is very smooth and barely audible. Anyone else with this problem? I've had this issue since new, but service technicians kept telling me that its normal, and I never had the time to double-check with another X-Trail.

But all-in-all, great car!
hi, think the vibration that you're talking about is only slight and you can feel it when you are turning the steering, right?

am sorry for not being a frequent poster here.

Jason_10

Jun 2, 2009
The vibration is caused by very low rpm. Just have the throttle body and MAF Cleaned by the dealership. (Hard to DIY Electronic Throttle).

Also experienced a whirring noise in my Xtrail. They recommend to replace the alternator. What I did was replace the Clutch Pulley and now the noise is gone.

Bump: The vibration is caused by very low rpm. Just have the throttle body and MAF Cleaned by the dealership. (Hard to DIY Electronic Throttle).

Also experienced a whirring noise in my Xtrail. They recommend to replace the alternator. What I did was replace the Clutch Pulley and now the noise is gone.

perdanaFTOevo

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
penang
any more accessories available? for sharing, NGV installed in my car for the past 1.5 yrs and loving the car + low fc

saratoga

Sep 15, 2007
Read that the xtrail 2.0 & 2.5 engine got serious cut-off problem, which is due to crank sensor failure. This becomes a recall issue in most of the worldwide country. So for those who ever had changed the sensor, can share whether the problem come back again ?
I am looking for used xt, but really scare of this engine problem, cause I buy it for my wife to drive.

thks a lot.

Jason_10

Jun 2, 2009
^We have on 05 4x2 2.0 Xtrail. Never heard of crank sensor failure so far.

update: Already replaced the alternator. The clutch pulley of the alternator became noisy again. This time the battery light came on.

saratoga

Sep 15, 2007
HI, really not serious ?
I just get to know from my friend that one of his friend was having this problem, and many of their friend also had this.
That is why after read from web and confirm by my friend, I post here to seek public/expert's opinions, whether the problem go away after change sensor.

Thks a lot.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Hey all, I want to ask where everyone go to find accessories for your T-30's? I am interested especially in the LED tail-lights, and the side window wind-deflectors (maybe also the rear sunshades) ...

Thanks so much.

Jun 30, 2010
johor
Hi everyone, trying my luck here. Can anyone please advise me where can i find a xtrail manifold?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience