wira 1.6 auto convert to 1.6 manual

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Just my 2 cent....you need to change the ecu also, coz the coding parameter is different for this two variant.Yes, it would worked but you will suffer the engine judder/oscillated.cheers...

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Therefore?? Still dun get it the ECU, why must it change?? Can it run on auto engine if the car convert to manual?

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
It is because of some coding inside the ECU are amend for auto transmission to read it.The engine still can running but the true performance of manual engine you will not get it for 100%.You will suffer the throttle proggresion when idle and so on when shift the gear....But it not too much...you will not feel it at the earlier stage,but you will feel it soon....sorry if i mistake about this....just my 2 cent.cheers

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
It is because of some coding inside the ECU are amend for auto transmission to read it.The engine still can running but the true performance of manual engine you will not get it for 100%.You will suffer the throttle proggresion when idle and so on when shift the gear....But it not too much...you will not feel it at the earlier stage,but you will feel it soon....sorry if i mistake about this....just my 2 cent.cheers

nope...

nothing will effect the engine running...

in fact...1.6 Autobox have its own ecu to run logic-processing (proton utilizing mitsu invecs tech)...

thus when removing the autobox and replaced with manual,the gearbox's ECU will be removed along with other autobox parts....and none will giving negative impact to the engine running with new manual box....
:hmmmm:

p/s:sorry for gali old thread but....since like the cases hanging around so i just gatal tangan to post here :burnout:

Last edited:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
I changed mine as well back in Aug 2008
Auto maxed out 3rd gear at 185km/h (hitting limiter)

Once converted to manual, easily >200km/h and released around 15HP more at the wheels. That is a LOT O.O"

Mar 12, 2020
nope...

nothing will effect the engine running...

in fact...1.6 Autobox have its own ecu to run logic-processing (proton utilizing mitsu invecs tech)...

thus when removing the autobox and replaced with manual,the gearbox's ECU will be removed along with other autobox parts....and none will giving negative impact to the engine running with new manual box....
:hmmmm:

p/s:sorry for gali old thread but....since like the cases hanging around so i just gatal tangan to post here :burnout:
Even the wiring not need to be change...?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience