Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He will retire by the end of this season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
What will Schumacher do?

Speculation is mounting about the future of Michael Schumacher following his disappointing return to Formula 1. But will he stay or will he re-retire? Tony Dodgins gives his answer

Post-Monza, the 'Schumi to re-retire' rumours have gathered strength. The word from the theatre of motor racing was that Mercedes isn't an altogether happy camp right now and that Michael could even be groomed, sooner rather than later, to take over the helm of the entire ship rather than just one of its cars.

I suppose it's possible. Michael Schumacher, team principal at Mercedes? Why not? Not a TP like Ross Brawn, whose technical experience and man-management skills make him wholly suitable. More a figurehead, a public face. You can see the PR value to the three-pointed star.

Source: Autosport

What will be your speculation? Will he stay at the grid next year? or will he retire by the end of this season?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I think it will be challenging for Michael to cope up with the current young drivers with experience to the rule changes in recent years. Before 2006, every new season more or less there will be only minor changes. But nowadays, tables have turned upside down with massive changes. No refueling, narrower front + wider rear tyres, adjustable front wings, narrower + taller rear wing, not to mention KERS will returning next year, etc. It will take some time for Michael to cope with these changes

In the past, there was a former world champion who came back after his retirement (but I forgot his name). Too bad his return only lasted for 1 year and he retired at the following year due to under performance. I read many rumours have speculated that Michael will be the same, so what you think? I am not talking bad about Michael, just telling what is happening off track now based on my reading.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
he is having too much pressure from the media and fans since he has 7 world titles in his bag, otherwise the public won't be having too high expectations from him.