Want Speed?!! Go SIngle Turbo!! Discuss.....

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
I hear there are a few FDs who are running above 1 bar regularly without problem.

Ah Choy recommends running below 1 bar except for short periods just for safety.

I recommend you to run the power you can handle and no more.

Forgot to mention, the problem with running high pressure is the danger of detonation / knock and the high amount of stress placed on engine parts. Especially in our hot climate, high pressure is just not recommended unless you found some place to buy methanol on the cheap.

Supras and Skylines R32-34 can run high boost because their engines are all iron engines. The supra engine is forged as well and can take a damn lot of punishment - hence the small ECU tweak to get 550HP on stock internals. But no engine is bullet-proof against idiotic carelessness.

Jan 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
helloo guys.....im new with RE....my ride is FC3S 13b...mostly here rides are the FD...i've read all your discussion here.....and it is interesting....well....if i want to convert to single turbo what is the cost of it?>?? is it cool if ride on single turbo in daily usage compare to twin stock that i have now....???

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
fc3s stock is Single... so... you're fine with it... it's a small single.. thus easy to drive..

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
wow... the story goes wayyyyyyyy back.. when turbo started... u need to do some searching...

Jan 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ohhhh....hehehe....ok ok now i understand...........just rang my friend about this...and already explained to me....heheheh anyway thanks alchemis.......

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
LOL .. i never had this much fun ready threads ...