VW Polo GTI

rickmoh

rickmoh

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
Planing to get a 2012 VW Polo GTI.
A lot of friend said i should stay away from this car with 7 speeds DSG.
Any Polo GTI owner can share your experience with this car?
Beside the DSG issue, is there other known issues with this car?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The issues with the DSG was because of the fully synthetic GB oil they were using. It was reacting and killing the mechatronics. The new mineral oils they use now resolve the issue.

Unless you really unlucky and something else breaks. But so far all my friends driving TSIs with the DSG are all ok. Some even thrash the car in Sepang.

pancake797

pancake797

Mar 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The issues with the DSG was because of the fully synthetic GB oil they were using. It was reacting and killing the mechatronics. The new mineral oils they use now resolve the issue.

Unless you really unlucky and something else breaks. But so far all my friends driving TSIs with the DSG are all ok. Some even thrash the car in Sepang.
Indeed. But if you go to any other forum you will see tons of comments about DSG failing and stuffs like that. But at the same time people don't mention about those who don't have a problem with the DSG. And with the software upgrade which lowers the power by a bit, the problems seem to go away.

To TS, Polo GTI. Worth it. Test drive properly first tho!

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Polo GTI using wet clutch 6 speeds right? Correct me if i'm wrong.

There is lesser breakdown on the wet clutch compare to the dry clutch 7 speeds DSG.

jason4883

Known Member

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
Since there is this thread to talk about GTi, how about the Golf GTi MK5? The same common question for VW – how reliable is the DSG gearbox? So far, I haven’t heard any or seldom see the Golf GTi MK5 breakdown on the road. Actually, I want to go to the VW service center to have a look on how many GTi MK5 in the service center for major issue repair but don’t think that’s possible. The service center will not allow me to do so.

Any Golf GTi MK5 owner(s) can share your experience of owning this car? Beside the DSG worries, is there any other issues to be taken care of?

Thanks.

rickmoh

rickmoh

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
I heard the 6 spd DSG in the mk5 GTI dont have much problem. I got my 2012 Polo GTI for a month, so far no problem, touch wood

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
VW has resolved the DSG mechatronic problem la. It's because of the oil type they used. Don't use fully synthetic oils, and only stick with mineral DSG gear oil.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Premature clutch wear is still very real problem for all dsg 7

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everybody,

I just bought an Altis 1.8 VVTI DOHC 16 valve M/T. It’s just done 2400km.

I was interested to know what are the First/ Basic things/ steps that I should do regarding its moding??...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience