Turn off the aircond will gives extra mileage?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
No.
Especially not if you open the windows.

I can guarantee you, you turn off the air con, mileage will be worst, cause i will drive faster, so can arrive faster, and get out of the sauna of a car without air cond.

Reactions: minibeany and Izso

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
extra milage, probably.... (assuming everything else is a constant and u dont wind ur windows down)

will it give you an extra 10km? who knows.... 10km is arbitrary

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Theoretically it should give you some extra mileage provided all else the same but does that extra mileage worth it to be in a sauna while driving?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
On a small engine?
Yes, we can see the improvement..not significant but more noticeable.

On a big engine?
Nope. I know in theory there is improvement as engine worked less but in reality i dont see significant improvement.

At least that is what i experienced. Anyway, in this recent weather i will gladly pays more for fuel when driving with aircond ON.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've actually tested this before. On a myvi 1.3 maintaining 80-100kmh speed maximum the fuel consumption is considerably better. About 2-3km/L more fuel economy if aircon is completely off. With engine on I lose that 2-3km/L easily with the same speed and distance travelled. The thought process is whether that savings and mileage travelled worth the heat and endless suffering without the aircon.

Having said that though the Myvi aircon system is not well known to be efficient or reliable so potentially the aircon itself is a problem.

On the Innova I tried it on there was a difference when I travelled highway with max 110kmh. City driving just made my passengers hate me.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
On a small engine?
Yes, we can see the improvement..not significant but more noticeable.

On a big engine?
Nope. I know in theory there is improvement as engine worked less but in reality i dont see significant improvement.

At least that is what i experienced. Anyway, in this recent weather i will gladly pays more for fuel when driving with aircond ON.
FC is one thing.
I also learnt another vital info this week. The weather is soo hot these few weeks that i decided to drive to work instead of riding. It was so hot to ride that i thought its no harm to spend more on fuel so i can stay comfortable with aircond blowing in my car.

My theory is super duper wrong. It was all good in the morning. During lunch, i was sweating while waiting for the cabin to cool down and same goes when i go back in the evening. I never sweat when riding despite the heat. Its very hot but never sweating.

Reactions: alcyon

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
FC is one thing.
I also learnt another vital info this week. The weather is soo hot these few weeks that i decided to drive to work instead of riding. It was so hot to ride that i thought its no harm to spend more on fuel so i can stay comfortable with aircond blowing in my car.

My theory is super duper wrong. It was all good in the morning. During lunch, i was sweating while waiting for the cabin to cool down and same goes when i go back in the evening. I never sweat when riding despite the heat. Its very hot but never sweating.
Your aircon not strong enough bro. I go out lunch every day, never sweating in the car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You got basement parking?.......lol
I don’t know about him. I got remote climate control. Can cool the car via app.

so park under hot sun, moment I get in the car it’s cool.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was in Dusseldorf, Germany and by chance I bumped into this gorgeous supercar. I was not expecting the French parade to drop by. It was the Dusseldorf Frankreichfest (Dusseldorf French Festival) and there were tons of classic French cars on display, including the famous Renault Turbo 5. (which unfortunately, due to my SD card crash, I've lost all the high quality...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience