The New Proton Waja..2011

SAN

Nov 30, 2009
Penang
why they cannot own yourself a new look's waja and stop copying the mitsubishi lancer

I feels shy when meet up to the mitsubishi :banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Cool WAJA II, but i think if the price below 80K for 1.8L ,this WAJA II is without Aluminium block engine,INVECS-III CVT,ABS EDB,Keyless system,GPS touch screen, 6 speakers audio,laminated green windshield(UV glass film), maybe with ABS and SRS air bags.
Anyway will get one of this instead of Lancer, bc Mitsu should be slam for letting this happen!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
heard launching by end november..firm!

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
its a lie if proton had never made any large revenues since 25 years ago..now they got the lotus tech, y not just make a car that is totally 100% from themselves? getting tired to know that most of the proton cars are based on some other original model, in the sense of originality. quality-wise? the users should know better...:s:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
but its kinda surprise why not you comment on perodua who took daihatsu model and re-badge it into perodua....as many have debate and discuss about this issues over & over again....rebadging is common ....naza, perodua, mitsu also rebadging our persona & exora in japan soon...only proton is the one re-badging...i dont think so..speaking on logical sense, i am not siding any party here...

Sep 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
but its kinda surprise why not you comment on perodua who took daihatsu model and re-badge it into perodua....as many have debate and discuss about this issues over & over again....rebadging is common ....naza, perodua, mitsu also rebadging our persona & exora in japan soon...only proton is the one re-badging...i dont think so..speaking on logical sense, i am not siding any party here...
is ok to rebadge..as long it doesn't cut down the origin parts to 50%..i am alright and get use to it since proton were born. but at least proton do have their own local models such as the current WAJA, GEN 2, Persona and Exora. Mitsu and Proton is like god father and son,we get use to it when driving a proton is like driving a Mitsu, different is local locally assemble with minor changes.

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
yeah, it's ok..just giving out a part of my opinion on this matter..cause proton has been making cars for a quarter of a century, they must have gained some valuable techs n experience to start rolling out their own production cars..

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
proton + mitsu is better than just proton itself....

just take a look at gen2 vs wira...which is more quality....
malaysian just love japanese product...no doubt that...

so i think by producing the new waja lancer is a good step...congrate proton..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
proton + mitsu is better than just proton itself....

just take a look at gen2 vs wira...which is more quality....
malaysian just love japanese product...no doubt that...

so i think by producing the new waja lancer is a good step...congrate proton..
hehe yeah i also honestly feel that proton cars wont be worth the dough u pay if not for their collaboration with mitsu :biggrin:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
This is business,proton won't lose anything and mitsubishi also gain profit..
Proton sell the car,Mitsu sell their spare parts..Proton got their name&mitsu continue their profit..about copying,that wont matter for them..for malaysian like me also no problem bcoz what,last time ppl keep saying 1st batch of WIRA,SATRIA using 4G92P is powerful,use mitsu ECU,can convert MIivec,all comment good..then their change to siemens,ppl complaining not powerfula,lame la..they give their own dashboard look also we find half cut to fit lancer,evo dashboard..so whats the point?..now,their do OEM,99% like Mitsu also got ppl complaining..:hmmmm:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
This is business,proton won't lose anything and mitsubishi also gain profit..
Proton sell the car,Mitsu sell their spare parts..Proton got their name&mitsu continue their profit..about copying,that wont matter for them..for malaysian like me also no problem bcoz what,last time ppl keep saying 1st batch of WIRA,SATRIA using 4G92P is powerful,use mitsu ECU,can convert MIivec,all comment good..then their change to siemens,ppl complaining not powerfula,lame la..they give their own dashboard look also we find half cut to fit lancer,evo dashboard..so whats the point?..now,their do OEM,99% like Mitsu also got ppl complaining..:hmmmm:
probably diff people bro
everyone got their own views
but i am all in for proton-mitsu cars :biggrin: