Sound come out from suspension

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
owh...noted.
the sounds becomes visible because i did raise the rear absorber a bit last week...gatal tgn lol...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
last time was quite lowered...2 fingers for front and rear...
and didnt notice any sound.
but notice when fully load back still lowered abit compare to front.
dats y i set rear a bit higher...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
cos im afraid the myvi & viva spring rebound is different
hence if the rear is raised abit, the spring could jump from its orignal position,
the only way is to keep it low...your only got hilo only no soft hard rite?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
cos im afraid the myvi & viva spring rebound is different
hence if the rear is raised abit, the spring could jump from its orignal position,
the only way is to keep it low...your only got hilo only no soft hard rite?
yup...mine only hilo setting...

Edvin Baron

Sep 24, 2019
Johor
dear car enthusiasts, need some explanation,
i drove out my car from car park which was a steep slope, even i tried to escape thru sideways, still i wrecked my front bumper causing maximum pressure on my front left tire and suspension, now i hear a squeeze sound (front left side) everytime i go over a speed bump,

can someone tell me what could be the reason?
hope u guys can help me, thanks

GAB HE SERIES

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i drove out my car from car park which was a steep slope, even i tried to escape thru sideways, still i wrecked my front bumper causing maximum pressure on my front left tire and suspension, now i hear a squeeze sound (front left side) everytime i go over a speed bump,

GAB HE SERIES
Your car lowered very low? What car do you drive? Did you change the drive shafts, ARB link, bump stops etc to match the lowered height?

Edvin Baron

Sep 24, 2019
Johor

GAB HE SERIES
Your car lowered very low? What car do you drive? Did you change the drive shafts, ARB link, bump stops etc to match the lowered height?
thanks izso, its height is 2 finger gap between tire and fender with 15" inch rims, satria neo,

yes, went to tire shop, they replaced the ball joint and ARB link,

even solved, appreciate if you can explain the relation with bump stops that match with lowered height, also the relation with driveshafts as i find its a bit harder to steer the right side compared to left side. Tq

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thanks izso, its height is 2 finger gap between tire and fender with 15" inch rims, satria neo,

yes, went to tire shop, they replaced the ball joint and ARB link,

even solved, appreciate if you can explain the relation with bump stops that match with lowered height, also the relation with driveshafts as i find its a bit harder to steer the right side compared to left side. Tq
I don't know how to explain it technically speaking but maybe this picture can explain it :

Lowering the car will change the driveshaft angle and lots of other things will get affected too like ARB angle due to the linkages.

Edvin Baron

Sep 24, 2019
Johor
I don't know how to explain it technically speaking but maybe this picture can explain it :

Lowering the car will change the driveshaft angle and lots of other things will get affected too like ARB angle due to the linkages.
thanks pal, that helped me getting a picture of it, what would be your suggestion after lowering the car? is it better to change some related parts that is performance oriented or remain stock parts?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thanks pal, that helped me getting a picture of it, what would be your suggestion after lowering the car? is it better to change some related parts that is performance oriented or remain stock parts?
What people do is change to adjustable ARB links to cater for the lower height, adjustable arms (if they have any for your car) to adjust the geometry to cater for the height and that's kinda it. Lowering the car can be a pain in the ass if not done properly. But your height of 2-fingers thereabouts isn't too extreme so apart from the ARB link, I don't think you need to do anything else.

Does your suspension have a bumpstop? If not perhaps you could consider getting suspension that has it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
oh I didn't explain bumpstop. When lowered the springs are presumably lower so if your absorber isn't short stroke then the travel will be kinda long. Without a bumpstop it'll keep travelling until past it's lowest point which then means metal to metal knocking and general discomfort and ugly noises.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Meet the Jaguar F-Pace. A new contender and yet another contributing proof, indicating the immense market needs for more SUVs. Nevertheless, the F-Pace combines what’s good from Jaguar and the key features wanted in the market nowadays.
Sitting in the same league as the Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC, the Jaguar F-Pace boasts a sleeker design; taking cues from its full-size sedan sibling, the XJ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience