rally school!

gary

Known Member

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
why is MRC and local races like MSS..etc not getting the sponsors? to answer that question, you guys have to think like sponsors. any marketing people here?

if you own a company.. and a racer comes up to you and asks you for money to go racing. will you just give him the money, some stickers and forget about it for the rest of the year? if thats what you're doing, its called charity. But relationships between a racer and a company that sponsors him is a business decision. In business, everyone has to make something. Not just the racer, but the company that gives him the money. So what does your company stand to gain by giving money to this racer?

It all depends on who is the racer, what is the team all about, where they are racing..

A sponsor basically wants branding, and exposure. Best of all, all this branding and exposure must actually be seen somehow by people it considers its target market. people who will buy his products or services for example.

if you think hard about it from the sponsors viewpoint, you'll probably start to understand why the situation today is the way it is.

TireSmoke

TireSmoke

Feb 4, 2004
Proton sponsors karamjit for his WRC title chase for the past 3 years now. and i'm talking 7 figures here. it was agreed that the team will look for other sponsorship to run APRC.

He has not been performing well in WRC this year. Due to this,he now wants to defend his APRC title. So he needs additional funds to do this.

So pls get your facts right before you start banging.

andaq

andaq

Jun 9, 2005
kuala lumpur
the problem here is that we all tend to blame one another. yes the government has put an effort into it. but it aint enuff compared to other sporting events. yes the PERT team hasn't been performing consistently on top mark. now give me one team that soars all the way to the top without a glitch sumwhere in the middle? and yes there isn't enuff funds to actually FUND the team just to race. and it will never be enuff. the money's always going out one way.
but look at the football team for example, they got good sponsorship deals with major companies n private sectors, they played in the local super league, m-league, they participated in friendly n competition games across the world (if it's not exaggerating) n they still hv their backs solidly in place thanks to the sports ministry, royal connections, private sectors sponsorship deals. n wut do we malaysian get in return? complete crap!

Last edited:

encikmasen

Known Member

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
my POV is that motoring scene in malaysia just need more backup not only from govt but also from the private sector..dont just rely on petronas cos they have sponsored alot of teams..most of them is good..its all about sponsorship..dont think that f1 is the only event that can bring a lot of revenues..

by the way , ithink that we really need racing/rally schools..that's the only way to stop young ones racing on the street..teach them

extremeondirt

Known Member

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
last heard and read in newspapers that karam is going to build a rally school in sepang...backed by SIC or something like that...but now, no more news adi...dunno whats going on with that plan..gonna ask karam on that in MR5 if he's participating..

cheers,
daniel

boy2007

Known Member

boy2007

Known Member
May 21, 2005
damansara
karam's rally school, 'karam' already! like metallica song, 'sad but true'! :rock:

slonez

slonez

Dec 8, 2008
So there isn't any rally school in MY?

Bump: So there isn't any rally school in MY?

extremeondirt

Known Member

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
So there isn't any rally school in MY?

Bump: So there isn't any rally school in MY?
there isnt any proper rally school in MY..however,if ur really interested in rallying...do come down to sepang this weekend on the 20th anytime from 1230 to 2200hrs for a grassroot rally event with 51 entries... there'll be handful of rally drivers every willing to give u some tips or mayb private lessons on rallying..

cheers,
daniel

slonez

slonez

Dec 8, 2008
there isnt any proper rally school in MY..however,if ur really interested in rallying...do come down to sepang this weekend on the 20th anytime from 1230 to 2200hrs for a grassroot rally event with 51 entries... there'll be handful of rally drivers every willing to give u some tips or mayb private lessons on rallying..

cheers,
daniel
Thanks for the offer!
A few of us planning for holiday next year, rally school would be awesome.

mijie.masta_g

mijie.masta_g

Sep 23, 2008
it would be great if there a sponsor 2 develope young rally driver n backed them in chmpionship..stat it frm root..it also my dream 2 become rally driver..but,maybe i'v 2 wait 4 tat opportunity..haha..till when?:sleep:

luqae

Known Member

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
the only way for us malaysian to be good in any type of motorsport is not be depend on our lousy corrupted gov, i say dis cuz just look at our gov, support sports that normal malaysian cant afford to participate or not interetsed in exe: Monssoon cup,horse or sailing, everyday malaysian cant afford and are not interested in. So if ur interested in motorsport dont wait, buy a car and join..Im planning to but still tgh korek2 duit!hehe

hanslin

Known Member

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
:wavey: school....? get 1 own car enter MAM std class! rm80 fee:biggrin:
than be friendly around n have some tech talk, every one there was very friendly

Mar 21, 2008
The best way to learn rallying, is spend 3 years staying in finland and do what finnish do every weekends.....

Rallying

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,i'm plnning to mivec my 4g93p,ecu 2468.

u guys out there done this modification b4,pls give ur opinion,and advise.

the pro and cons??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience