Raising the ride height...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
When I decided to get the 8, it was because it has 4 doors and can accomodate 4 adults comfortably. I'm a family man with 2 teens kids. Now, the problem. My housing estate has speed bumps. So you should know what I mean.

When I drove alone or with my wife, it is fine. But with my kids on board, I need to get over the bumps like crabs.

So my solution is to get adjustable and increase the ride height. Just wanted to ask everyone with experience, can this easily be done and is it safe from chassis dynamic stand point? The handling of 8 is superb, I just don't wanna loose that!

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
You will need height adjustable suspension. Can check with Alchemis if he can make a set for you

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Thanks bro. Do u think installing bump stopper between the coils will help?

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
I Agree with Sideways - get Alchemis' advise on this. I am not a fan of bump stoppers. Better to drive with care.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I did not do anything at all after so long. Just use it as it is.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
When i found out that my 8 has un-even rear height, My mech suggested to cut a piece of aluminum spacer for the right rear shocks mount. With this 15mm spacer, my 8 finally sits balance.
So, if you wanted a 15mm~20mm raise, i think this could be a solution.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
stutzedward : don't bother with spring buffers. They are useful when the spring is old and sagging. If it's still in great condition adding the buffer might deform the spring if used long term.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
stutzedward : don't bother with spring buffers. They are useful when the spring is old and sagging. If it's still in great condition adding the buffer might deform the spring if used long term.
This type? My mech said most customers come back saying is good. Handling improve.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
I was using these "spring buffers" in my Kimchi SUV.
First impression! wow! like a new car. Less body roll and solid cornering too!
3rd Month, try to check on them.... right side else half the rubber stick on the coil only. Left side can't locate it...gone.

I think no choice...can't avoid and need to invest in some thick anti roll bar now....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This type? My mech said most customers come back saying is good. Handling improve.

If the spring was old and sagging - then of course these spring rubber buffers would improve handling la! I would never put these in a perfectly good set of springs. What it essentially does is prevent the spring for compressing too much. But since it doesn't cover the whole length of the spring it will allow some of the spring to compress and the rest held in place. Do it long enough it'll deform the spring.

I was using these "spring buffers" in my Kimchi SUV.
First impression! wow! like a new car. Less body roll and solid cornering too!
3rd Month, try to check on them.... right side else half the rubber stick on the coil only. Left side can't locate it...gone.

I think no choice...can't avoid and need to invest in some thick anti roll bar now....
Woah.. that's some hardcore driving to lose spring buffers that are supposed to fit to the shape of your springs! (It has a drain that wraps around your springs supposedly) So either they weren't installed properly or you did a lot of off-road terrain driving which lengthened the springs and dropped the buffers!

And ARB > buffers anyday!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If the spring was old and sagging - then of course these spring rubber buffers would improve handling la! I would never put these in a perfectly good set of springs. What it essentially does is prevent the spring for compressing too much. But since it doesn't cover the whole length of the spring it will allow some of the spring to compress and the rest held in place. Do it long enough it'll deform the spring.

Woah.. that's some hardcore driving to lose spring buffers that are supposed to fit to the shape of your springs! (It has a drain that wraps around your springs supposedly) So either they weren't installed properly or you did a lot of off-road terrain driving which lengthened the springs and dropped the buffers!

And ARB > buffers anyday!
Then can fit in my kelisa and corolla's 8 years spring from day 1 :rofl:

Maybe he drift too much in his RX8 haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, just a quick one here.....

Question: Are you the same Petrolhead after you have married, or once having a relationship with a woman? Did you miss anything about cars now, compared to when you were single?

I just met up my old buddy from NZ, and his car life changed so much once he is into a relationship with a girl now.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience