Question on Version 10 Hatchback.

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

I would like to know the difference between the Sti Version-10 Hatchback's 2.0L vs 2.5L spec as I'm actually new to Subaru, don't hesitate to correct my questions if I'm wrong.

*Is the 2.5L version is UK spec only or there is a JDM spec?

*the 2.0L Version only JDM spec available right?

*What is the horsepower difference of the 2.0L and the 2.5L version(Comparing Stock)?

*If I intend to upgrade to gain more BHP's, how much BHP's can the Auto Tranny take? For example, say above 500 bhp (Of course with our weather maybe some will advice that it's safer to install an Oil Cooler.)

*If I intend to change to better/Stronger Pistons for the 2.5L version, will this engine be a better bet to upgrade compared to the 2.0L version? (I read on the other Thread that 2.5L Pistons are weaker then the 2.0L version and can't boost above 1.3bar or it will cause serious damage.)

*How possible is it to get either the 2.0L or 2.5L version to hit the 550-650 bhp mark?

I'm just weighing this few thoughts before I continue my aim to go get one, love the looks of the Hatchback. Hope to hear from all the Pro's and Old-Timers of this section. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I decided to install exedy racing clutch button type on my satria neo. Which one is better, 3puck or 4puck?...Based on the best performance..:smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience