Optimum Coating : Day 9 of 9 Bentley Continental GT The Finale.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

This is Day 9 of 9 days of non-stop detailing. The Finale. We have here a Bently Continental GT. A monstrous car with a monstrous W12 Twin Turbo engine. The Car is almost "new" as it just came back from a paint job. With not much damages and a very glossy finish.

From a distance you can see that the car is clean and shiny like new but when we look closer we found some minor damages.

The grills were fully oxidized chrome grills were beyond repair, we tried every possible polishing and products but it still cannot be reversed.

We moved on to a surface inspection. Light swirls spotted.

More light swirls spotted on the side fender.

Light swirls on side door panels,

This is how you pop the hood on a Bently.

Wolf under a sheeps clothing. The engine way rather clean but we still detailed all the edges.There were some grease here and there, some dust and dead bugs.

We first washed the car. And we do mean a detailed wash. Areas like this were not neglected.

The engine was detailed to perfection. Everything hard to reach area was clean with just a sistema 0.02 soft bristle tooth brush and a cotton bud.

We moved on to the surface correction after the engine was finished off with a layer of protectant. Under a high powered LED after correction swirls no longer visible.

Another shot from the same panel just to be sure.

No visible swirl on the hood. Notice the slight blur on the hood, it is the smudge mark from the wiping.

We treated the glass with a dedicated Glass Coating from WetShine.net called the WetShine Prizm.

And the Final Results as the gloss and shine after correction and Optimum Coating.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
no bro its suppose to be shiny, Because the car was maintained by a driver, Im not sure what did he used to polish the grill it faded the chrome to the extend its irreversible. Im guessing acidic based product.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
All these make me so jealous la.. But I had a Continental GT too ;)
Nice finish bro. This is black chrome!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
What A' finish...
thanks bro

All these make me so jealous la.. But I had a Continental GT too ;)
Nice finish bro. This is black chrome!
I might have a Rolls, a Rapide, a F430 and a LP700 coming up but we shall see, u know i doubt shop based detailers would have the owners themself calling them up and asking them to come. Or im guessing those false claims were so off course they are face palming the claimers back hahahaha:stupid:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro what wax did you use on this bentley? Btw, maybe try metal polish on the grill? ;

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Bro what wax did you use on this bentley? Btw, maybe try metal polish on the grill? ;
well bro, ive used a variety of metal polishes, autosol,mothers and Meguiars and still it doesn't work. I didn't wax the car i Opti-Coat it

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Amazing work as always. As mentioned by some, the chrome grill would have given it the extra 'bling' factor hehe keep them coming bro!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
I tried so hard to restore the chrome, to the extend of removing the entire grill from the car. but still its not oxidation, its the chrome that is faded.

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
I tried so hard to restore the chrome, to the extend of removing the entire grill from the car. but still its not oxidation, its the chrome that is faded.
yeah..that's my biggest challenge too when it comes to chrome. Hard to restore when it has reached to that state.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
some people claim alot but when it cant be done they hide it. I choose to expose that i cant restore it to share with the readers here that, one shall not simply abandon the chrome or else it will be too late for even detailers like us to restore.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey people,
I'm thinking of modding the exhaust of my Telstar. I've asked for quotes and for 2 bullets, 2.5" piping and muffler is about RM550. is that a good price? I'm doing it at puchong. If I want to change the extractor, I 'only' need to add RM150. Good deal?

Another question is. How big a difference will the exhaust mod make to my:
1) power/torque
2) fuel consumption?
The most important thing i'm looking for is actually better fuel consumption. Is the exhaust mod worth it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience