Myvi Speakers Upgrade

ivitec

Oct 14, 2012
Dominican Repub
Well, Guys... i got some speakers and some amplifier that im planing on installing on my myvi... Picture will be uploaded in a bit..

Front Panel Speakers - Boss CH4220 4" 2 way speakers
Rear Door Panel - Sony XPLOD XS-GT1627A 6.5" 2 Way speakrs
Amplifier - Dual XPA2100 300w 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier
and a simple Pyramid Crossover....

What you guys think about it? Do you think this will fit in my myvi? You guys think this will make difference beetween Stock Speakers? Let me know guys.

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you are comparing with stock speakers....well, u're wasting your time. Myvi stock speakers are crap. Good decision of yours to upgrade it! But IMO, installing a small subwoofer would be nice =)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, Guys... i got some speakers and some amplifier that im planing on installing on my myvi... Picture will be uploaded in a bit..

Front Panel Speakers - Boss CH4220 4" 2 way speakers
Rear Door Panel - Sony XPLOD XS-GT1627A 6.5" 2 Way speakrs
Amplifier - Dual XPA2100 300w 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier
and a simple Pyramid Crossover....

What you guys think about it? Do you think this will fit in my myvi? You guys think this will make difference beetween Stock Speakers? Let me know guys.

If you're using 2-way speakers you don't need crossovers and any speaker is better than stock.

Personally though, if you haven't spent your money on these speakers, I'd consider alternatives.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If have the budget, it is always better to have component 2 way speakers for the front.
Yes, I agree with bro. cvkit adding a small sub will be much better.
I am running 2 way component in front and 6 x 9, 2 way in the rear and a small 8' sub hanging in between my two 6 x 9 speakers.
Front and rear powered by head unit and sub by a small amp....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If have the budget, it is always better to have component 2 way speakers for the front.
Yes, I agree with bro. cvkit adding a small sub will be much better.
I am running 2 way component in front and 6 x 9, 2 way in the rear and a small 8' sub hanging in between my two 6 x 9 speakers.
Front and rear powered by head unit and sub by a small amp....
Yeah it makes a lot of difference. The tone will be a lot better. My myvi got 2 way 4" in front, and 2 way 6.5 inch at the back door now. The sound is a lot better than stock but something is still missing. The omph of a subwoofer. Planning to get an 8" underseat sub when budget allows :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since we're comparing ball sizes... (hehehe)

My Myvi has 1 component set (tweeter, 6.5" midbass and crossover) in the front, custom door panels and one underseat subwoofer. Rear speakers stock, HU stock and no amp. Plenty difference already

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My suggestion is for minimal upgrade with limited budget for starter like your case:
1. Prioritize to get the best possible component speakers that you can afford for the front cause this is the one that will give you sound staging at the front.
2. Add a subwoofer. As to how big, depends on how powerful you want and how much you can spend.
3. If you can afford a 4 channel amp, then drive the front components using channel 1 & 2, then drive the sub using channel 3 & 4 in bridge/mono. If can only afford 2 channel/mono amp, then use it to drive the sub. Leave the rear speakers driven straight from the HU.

That's it, no need to upgrade the rear speakers! Cuz they're just for rear fill ambiance which should be set at minimal power. Only upgrade the rear if you still have a little more budget, even so don't need to use big speakers, just one of those Sony/Kenwood/Clarion/Pioneer cheapest 5inch coaxial is enough.

Btw this is assuming you still want to use the factory HU. If you have budget to also upgrade the HU, this should be at no.2. Better to get one which outputs at least 4V from the RCA, and have 5 or 6 RCA outputs (channel 5/6 for sub) with built-in x-over and sub level control.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since we're comparing ball sizes... (hehehe)

My Myvi has 1 component set (tweeter, 6.5" midbass and crossover) in the front, custom door panels and one underseat subwoofer. Rear speakers stock, HU stock and no amp. Plenty difference already
Under seat sub is how big? My other car have this setup, but mine very small active sub, I think 6" only, but it does help give some low boost to the overall sound system

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

My suggestion is for minimal upgrade with limited budget for starter like your case:
1. Prioritize to get the best possible component speakers that you can afford for the front cause this is the one that will give you sound staging at the front.
2. Add a subwoofer. As to how big, depends on how powerful you want and how much you can spend.
3. If you can afford a 4 channel amp, then drive the front components using channel 1 & 2, then drive the sub using channel 3 & 4 in bridge/mono. If can only afford 2 channel/mono amp, then use it to drive the sub. Leave the rear speakers driven straight from the HU.

That's it, no need to upgrade the rear speakers! Cuz they're just for rear fill ambiance which should be set at minimal power. Only upgrade the rear if you still have a little more budget, even so don't need to use big speakers, just one of those Sony/Kenwood/Clarion/Pioneer cheapest 5inch coaxial is enough.

Btw this is assuming you still want to use the factory HU. If you have budget to also upgrade the HU, this should be at no.2. Better to get one which outputs at least 4V from the RCA, and have 5 or 6 RCA outputs (channel 5/6 for sub) with built-in x-over and sub level control.
HU nowadays not too expensive, can be next upgrade, probably one with USB....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Under seat sub is how big? My other car have this setup, but mine very small active sub, I think 6" only, but it does help give some low boost to the overall sound system

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

HU nowadays not too expensive, can be next upgrade, probably one with USB....:driver:
Ah ya USB, that one is also a must nowadays! :biggrin:
As for the price, depends on the features and quality. If want to have 6 RCA high voltage outputs, x-over, EQ, time alignment, sub level control, bluetooth, play DVD, etc2, then can be >rm1500 for well known brands.

ivitec

Oct 14, 2012
Dominican Repub
If you are comparing with stock speakers....well, u're wasting your time. Myvi stock speakers are crap. Good decision of yours to upgrade it! But IMO, installing a small subwoofer would be nice =)
My car has 2 12" subwoofer on a 1100 RMS amplifier, so just saving money to add speakers:biggrin:

This are my stuff, plus the speakers

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah ya USB, that one is also a must nowadays! :biggrin:
As for the price, depends on the features and quality. If want to have 6 RCA high voltage outputs, x-over, EQ, time alignment, sub level control, bluetooth, play DVD, etc2, then can be >rm1500 for well known brands.
Bro. 6UE5t, that one have everything already, sure high price.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

My car has 2 12" subwoofer on a 1100 RMS amplifier, so just saving money to add speakers:biggrin:

That is why I fitted small hanging sub, need the boot space. See if I can get a picture later....:rolleyes:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
vr2turbo, mines er.. I think 6" or 8" underseat. Fits very neatly under the Myvi seat so it's not too large.

Problem with me is I drive my Wira more often than my Myvi and the Wira system is a lot better than the Myvi. So asking me if it sounds good is... pointless. :biggrin: But I have taken the Myvi out for comparison with friends driving other Myvis and the amount of money I paid to get this sort of sound compared to what these guys have spent.. and mine sounding better than theirs... priceless.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2turbo, mines er.. I think 6" or 8" underseat. Fits very neatly under the Myvi seat so it's not too large.

Problem with me is I drive my Wira more often than my Myvi and the Wira system is a lot better than the Myvi. So asking me if it sounds good is... pointless. :biggrin: But I have taken the Myvi out for comparison with friends driving other Myvis and the amount of money I paid to get this sort of sound compared to what these guys have spent.. and mine sounding better than theirs... priceless.
I heard from my friend, Wira internal sound stage is pretty good....

My under seat active 6" sub

Got this from our distributor, sample unit not sold in Malaysia...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

My 8" sub in the middle. Magnet is smaller then my 6 x 9" speakers.....But from Europe...Good low bass but cannot bomb the fellow....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Didn't know you were an ICEr. Jom ICE TT!
Mine all small stuff only, cannot compare with those sifu's one...

Jack of all trade, master of none. ICE a little, Auto detailing also can, little bit of Car mod and here a bit there a bit....more on tyres.....:driver::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday my car kena scratch by i think a lorry .... a lil out of shapr oledi .... out of shape nvm .... but leave one line like half inch thick and 1 feet long without paint wah so clear ..... can anyone tell me how to recover that line without spraying the whole door .... coz expensive la .... i just wan the line to dissapear onli ..... any idea ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience