Myvi OD light blinking

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
My mom's myvi have faced this issue before, the workshop changed the aircond compressor. Somehow after changing the compressor it's not blinking anymore, I still can't figure out why is it related to the compressor :stupid:
mechanical miracle! my friend's unser is facing the same problem as well, maybe i should suggest to change new compressor first :rofl:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Wah! you also want to try that ah?.....lol:biggrin:
try 1st la since the compressor also starting to giv signal tat is time to change. tat day workshop help me to add a bottle of oil into the compressor oledi. he said the compressor sound so rough. and myvi aircond also not very cold

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
oh then i think my aircond compresser got problem also... coz heard loud sound from it. so i might change tat 1st. then only see how
My mom told me that the workshop only changed the compressor, not sure whether they do anything else that my mom isnt aware of...so i can't gurantee you that would solve your issue:rolleyes: you can give it a try though. Let us know the outcome :biggrin:

Only reason I can think off is when changing the compressor might have touch gb wiring which made the connection better....:smokin:
Ya that could be also, that's why im very suprised changing the compressor can indirectly "solved" the issue :confused:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My mom told me that the workshop only changed the compressor, not sure whether they do anything else that my mom isnt aware of...so i can't gurantee you that would solve your issue:rolleyes: you can give it a try though. Let us know the outcome :biggrin:

Ya that could be also, that's why im very suprised changing the compressor can indirectly "solved" the issue :confused:
If bro. wsonny one also solved that way, then really miracle.......lol:rofl:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
saw some post at FB in Myvi group they said they did try changing gear oil n filter, ECU and wat ever the they can but still the OD light come out blinking. So the last choice is timing chain, after tat settle the problem. as wat they said this is the safety feature. :confused:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
saw some post at FB in Myvi group they said they did try changing gear oil n filter, ECU and wat ever the they can but still the OD light come out blinking. So the last choice is timing chain, after tat settle the problem. as wat they said this is the safety feature. :confused:
I read your post also confused already:confused:.......lol:biggrin:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Bro any recommendations on workshop for myvi. I change gear oil n the solenoid inside the GB. The problem keep coming. If come base on the mood. Sometimes it come often sometime once a week. Hard to predict now.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro any recommendations on workshop for myvi. I change gear oil n the solenoid inside the GB. The problem keep coming. If come base on the mood. Sometimes it come often sometime once a week. Hard to predict now.
Did you have the timing chain inspected?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nope... the workshop said nothing related to the timing chain. That y i need to send to other workshop which expert in myvi
Generally speaking if the OD light is blinking and you've flushed and replaced the gear oil (to remove any debris that might be stuck in your solenoid or sensors) then you need to plug in a diagnostic tool to check which solenoid or sensor in your gb is giving the problem. It most likely is a solenoid issue but you said you already changed that so need to check the speed or range sensors.

I personally would recommend going to a mechanic you trust, stick in a diagnostic tool and get the exact error and see which part in the GB needs changing.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Generally speaking if the OD light is blinking and you've flushed and replaced the gear oil (to remove any debris that might be stuck in your solenoid or sensors) then you need to plug in a diagnostic tool to check which solenoid or sensor in your gb is giving the problem. It most likely is a solenoid issue but you said you already changed that so need to check the speed or range sensors.

I personally would recommend going to a mechanic you trust, stick in a diagnostic tool and get the exact error and see which part in the GB needs changing.
I try to take out some of the sensor at the GB clean it up and put back then disconnect the battery left it over night. The next day when i connect back the negative wires i found out the head cannot been tighten and is loose. so i add in a small screw to tighten it. So far i drive whole day it seem ok. Finger cross hope the problem solve due to battery head connector not connect properly. Let me text it for few more weeks if it really solve then... really need to thanks god if not i need to spend few more hundred or thousand