My MR2 turbo upgrade project

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
I.. yah......this is the 3rd. time I am trying to post some work done on my project and always could not get it done correctly, this showed that I am away for too long .............hope this time will work.
All this while I was having problem as my Mac Air book was acting funny and have to reformat. Lost my USB to Serial RDS232 comm link. Tried numerous time to finally downloaded the correct software that works with my Mac.
Upgraded to MS2 with daughter board and loaded with ver.3.3.2 firmware. See attached photos.
Added an external heatsink ( overkill ) which will help to keep my injector driver cool. See photos.
Replaced the serial connector to higher amperage connector. See photo.
Was having issue with RPM synch with my crank sensor and finally bought and paid the paid version Tuner Studio and problem gone, I got RPM synch with my crank sensor ( actual live tested ).See photo.
This show "no free lunch" is better. Anyway those dudes spend their sweat & time needs to get their lunch paid which is fair !!
Tested RPM cut at 7700 rpm, spark cut works perfectly. Its good to test with the stimulator and ensure all function works before installing than to ruin the engine. See photo.
Tried to attach photos...........hope it works............:driver:

Last edited:

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Next will have to figure out how to run the wire loom, relays, fuses etc. Coil pack installation is another headache, where to put it? Any suggestion? Will be using back the spark plug cable ( TRD ).
Planning to modify the intake manifold to side feed as the mid feed is having uneven distribution of air since #2&3 cylinder will always run leaner. Hope with a side feed will solve this issue. Also to modify an intercooler to top mount for the shortest pipe run. Wow........looks like tons of work........for DIYer.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Next will have to figure out how to run the wire loom, relays, fuses etc. Coil pack installation is another headache, where to put it? Any suggestion? Will be using back the spark plug cable ( TRD ).
Planning to modify the intake manifold to side feed as the mid feed is having uneven distribution of air since #2&3 cylinder will always run leaner. Hope with a side feed will solve this issue. Also to modify an intercooler to top mount for the shortest pipe run. Wow........looks like tons of work........for DIYer.

maybe go for air-water type intercooler? atleast increase in item to install makes it easier for DIY-er

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
ya lah......project took so long.................air water intercooler good initially but once heated up also takes time to cool down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently my car i feel is too low so i ask my mechanic to rise it abit. but mine is non adjustable so he asked me to put some rubber part. what is this rubber that supposedly will rise the suspension abit? is it expensive?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience