Modifications done to Inspira

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Hi, I would like to start a thread on Mods done to our Inspira, ie in Bodywork and Performance mods. It would be interesting to keep a record.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

For a start, I have a 4 Pot Sumitomo Caliper with a 314mm disc rotors, I have also remap my ECU, change just the muffler and put in a resonator box to replace circumcised catalytic converter. I will try to load in some photos later.
Wish list:
1. Bolt on Turbo or alternatively cams.
2. A comfortable coil overs
3. A very light set of 17" with 8 J and a mean offset like 38 to accomodate my 4 Pot without using my 20mm spacers which are very heavy.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I just saw a DMD kit advertise for only RM1,700, that is cheap compared to Zerone who quoted me RM2800. But I saw the Zerone kit: It feels tough almost like an original bumper:

Attachments

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
Hi Bro James,

Saw that DAMD bodykit advertised for RM2.8 as well. is the one advertising for RM1.7 look just as good?

Also, saw that Speedworks advertised for a set of brake discs 350mm front and 320mm rear. what's your take on the reliability of this item?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Bro, which one, the body kit or the brakes? Myself, I would stay away from any body kit that is fibreglass, the kit installed by Zerone on their own car is PP and not FRP. I am actually producing a plastic composite meant for construction so I know plastic composites pretty well. But if there is a kit made up of ABS, this is the best!
Brakes, I have seen some advertisements of 350mm Brembo's from Johore selling at RM5K. If its really true, it comes from an Evo X, then its reallly a good deal.
However, I have friends tracking a Subaru using Grippen from Taiwan. Its not bad. I dont know what Speedworks is selling.
It would be nice to put it up on this thread so that this thread becomes the source of after market Inspira parts.
You can even put in source for logo's etc.
Its part of the fun making this thread interesting.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

I also hope that supplier see this thread. I am really looking for a 268 Camshafts and a stronger clutch. Can anyone point me to this direction?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
This week I will put in the steel braided hoses, as you can see from previous threads, I am complaining that my brake pressure, ie brake pedal height is not consistent, But don't listen to me, I am a fussy old man as I am use to driving my track car which has great brakes.

Attachments

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
There is a saying if you have a set of sports springs which is harder and dont match your stock standard shocks, eventually your shocks will go. But I am also considering using harder springs compared the stock standard springs. It will be a cheaper alternative to coil overs and not so extreme in application.

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
stock spring make my car look higher and when speed ..feel floating. After i change to eibach -pro-kit, it only lowered down my car about 1 inch, but i can feel the comfort, very stable when cornering, and no more floating feel when speed. But i heard ppl said with eibach -sportline spring..it wil lower more and more sporty...

Attachments

Last edited:

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Bro, thanks for your feed back on Eibach springs. Will do this mod. I am not comfortable with coil overs on the road. I am using D2 for my Track GTI, It is good for track but on the NKV, my head at 200KMH is bobbing up and down.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Wow, Huang it looks good. This is an Evo X kit right? Is it a PP or fibreglass?

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

I am still saving my money for engine and suspension mods.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, just wanna check up... a fren of mine is askin... what is the max boosting level of a 4G93t stock engine? and how do i increase the boosting level further? is the 4G93t a very good and reliable engine... he's intrested to purchase that engine for his car... thanks alot guys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience