Melting Dashboard

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,
My year 2002 Altezza is fitted with the newer dashboard with sort of rubberished material. However over time and maybe due to our hot & humid weather, the rubberish surface have melted. Any members can recommend any shop who has experience in respraying the dashboard??

Thanks!

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My front windscreen on Huper optik ceramic 40 whilst side windows on 3M Crystalline 50; not JPJ compliant bro lol.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
My front windscreen on Huper optik ceramic 40 whilst side windows on 3M Crystalline 50; not JPJ compliant bro lol.
My 2003 model had the same issue. Took it to Carby Decor next to Puchong Tesco and got it sprayed flat black. 2+ years now and no issue. They use chemical to remove the rubberised material then only spray.....

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi AE, thanks for the head up. Will visit them. Btw is their charges expensive ?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it happened to my scooby years back, just use polish n polish off the rubberish surface and u will ends up with plastic frame...quite nice though its not ori condition anymore

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Finally I took my car to Carbi Deco to refurbish the dashboard. Chemically removed the old sticky coat & sprayed matt black. Left my car there 3 days. Collected it today & satisfied with the work.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Finally I took my car to Carbi Deco to refurbish the dashboard. Chemically removed the old sticky coat & sprayed matt black. Left my car there 3 days. Collected it today & satisfied with the work.
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. The dashboard is the hottest part in the car interior. In Malaysia, the dashboard temperature can reach a scorching 80 deg C even when the ambient air in the car cabin is only 55 deg C.

Surprisingly, the best way to cool your dashboard is placing a sunshade at the front windshield. Windows tints, however, perform overall the best, cooling the car cabin the most, better than sunshade. But just for the dashboard, sunshade is far better than window tinting.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my unlucky day:bawling:
outstation to subcon
park my car outside for 30 mins and this happened!:mad:

the thief driving white myvi(captured by cctv)

if anyone got any info got ppl letting go cut off wire SAFC II pls let me know
i wanna take his hands:thefinger:

time: 3:30pm
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience