Lancer CB converted

Seong8888

Mar 14, 2020
Hello sifus sifus out there, wanted to seek your advise... recently came across a lancer cb converted to Evo 3. Quite nicely mod (running hicam272, Ecu G4) with new paint.

The owner wanna let go @ rm55k..
Hmm wanted to ask sifu is it worth buy?
I’m not sure the market out there as I saw many posts on selling evo but don’t know end up successfully deal or not..

Sifu sifu pls advise.. kamsiahhh

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hello sifus sifus out there, wanted to seek your advise... recently came across a lancer cb converted to Evo 3. Quite nicely mod (running hicam272, Ecu G4) with new paint.

I’m not sure the market out there as I saw many posts on selling evo but don’t know end up successfully deal or not..

Advised AGAINST, because you do not know what were the processes he took to convert or the WIRING work. Ask Izso within this forum, he had nightmare rectifying a converted 1JZ E36, the issues are never ending. It's better you get an original one or get one Lancer CB chassis and start converting under your own supervision.

Unless you know the owner personally and you know how OCD he is, othewise do not attempt.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

with that budget...probably you should wait and go for real evo...dont rush, especially with covvid19 and oil price dropped.

Advised AGAINST, because you do not know what were the processes he took to convert or the WIRING work. Ask Izso within this forum, he had nightmare rectifying a converted 1JZ E36, the issues are never ending. It's better you get an original one or get one Lancer CB chassis and start converting under your own supervision.

Unless you know the owner personally and you know how OCD he is, othewise do not attempt.
if cross-platform i agree. but this is same platform mitsu.

Ts, just take note on how g4 ecu are connected. If custom loom, then ok,
if it is connected using existing stock evo3 wire loom, do note that you cant simply connect stock ecu.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
with that budget...probably you should wait and go for real evo...dont rush, especially with covvid19 and oil price dropped.

if cross-platform i agree. but this is same platform mitsu.

Ts, just take note on how g4 ecu are connected. If custom loom, then ok,
if it is connected using existing stock evo3 wire loom, do note that you cant simply connect stock ecu.
Still there will be headaches if the conversion was not done with proper manner, or even the installation of engine was not done right. Speak from experience, i had this other Volvo S40 driver, 5 cyl to the same 5cyl engine swap, the mechanic still able to fxxk up the installation and cause major engine mounting crack.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
no tthat many evo 3's out there...
Still there will be headaches if the conversion was not done with proper manner, or even the installation of engine was not done right. Speak from experience, i had this other Volvo S40 driver, 5 cyl to the same 5cyl engine swap, the mechanic still able to fxxk up the installation and cause major engine mounting crack.
mitsu to mitsu, usually wiring is pretty straightforward. matter of taking from donor and swapping, noneed to splice or anything.

all i will say is, real evo prices macam goreng at the moment. at 55k u better be getting a very nice car, cause the evo3's are changing hands for slightly over that. i think this year cheapest was just under 70k, but ofc that wasnt 'mint'.

you must understand one thing, once the chassis has the code 'CE9...' its got a collectors value tied to it... a 'CB...' in the eyes of a collector does not.

also if ur considering a CB for 55, you might as well take a look at converted CM/CK4 chassises. iirc the asking prices are also around the 55k mark. **ck4's can be registered 4wd, cm chassises as well if im not mistaken

Reactions: sanekit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Better buy a real Evo, add another 10-15k can get a 5/6, even a 7 if you're lucky. No matter how full you convert, it will never be the same as the real deal.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
actually just had a chance to compare the ct and the cs chassis... not the same, but for the most part, pretty similar. few bits and bobs here and there beza

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Better buy a real Evo, add another 10-15k can get a 5/6, even a 7 if you're lucky. No matter how full you convert, it will never be the same as the real deal.
Evo's are very rare even at the dealer's market, i am pretty sure alot owners are not letting them go unless they really have to. I fully support getting original Evo as the feeling of seeing the real thing still gives me heart pump.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
possible to get with that price? hmm...
the lowest e7 i have seen is about 70, but tu needed work.... so yes 55+15, u can actually get an evo 7 but be prepared to dump a minimum of 10k into it. but do take note, as the evo fellas keep telling me, be careful of accident cars. these things are usually driven by orang gila so accidents are quite common. a clean car is kinda difficult to source. (deswai u see a few fellas asking 6 figs for stock e7's)

i think e6 prices also around the 70k mark, kind of rare so even less pretty units were advertised and sold for around 70k

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the lowest e7 i have seen is about 70, but tu needed work.... so yes 55+15, u can actually get an evo 7 but be prepared to dump a minimum of 10k into it. but do take note, as the evo fellas keep telling me, be careful of accident cars. these things are usually driven by orang gila so accidents are quite common. a clean car is kinda difficult to source. (deswai u see a few fellas asking 6 figs for stock e7's)

i think e6 prices also around the 70k mark, kind of rare so even less pretty units were advertised and sold for around 70k
So are we orang gila too? Lol

Seong8888

Mar 14, 2020
Afternoon all sifu,

Read all the valuable comments.. yup I agreed a converted is still converted, it will not be the same as ori. Somemore I’m not expert duno how to see the conversion is nicely done or not..

In this case I think I will wait and get the ori instead. Ori so expensive and in cash, think i have no chance to own one :(

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Afternoon all sifu,

Read all the valuable comments.. yup I agreed a converted is still converted, it will not be the same as ori. Somemore I’m not expert duno how to see the conversion is nicely done or not..

In this case I think I will wait and get the ori instead. Ori so expensive and in cash, think i have no chance to own one :(
When there's a will, there's a way!

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Afternoon all sifu,

nothing really wrong with converts imo, just get someone who knows how to inspect them.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Afternoon all sifu,

Original will have original issues. Like cash buy only.

Converted car - I think 55k is a bit high for a car done like that. If you can get it cheaper in the 40k range then it's a potential good buy. But also is this seller a friend of yours? Do you trust his work? Bring the car to a mechanic who knows his stuff to inspect the car before committing to buy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus,

Need your advice on the matter above. Recently when I shift the mmt gearbox to D the light was ok then a few seconds later the D light is blinking. What is the reason? After that I pull over at the road shoulder and engagse to N but the D light is still blinking.

Also, when I try to engage the E and S mode the selector indicator is not shown at the panel cluster.

I never experience this before.Please help... :banghead:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience