Knowing RX8 Before Buying...

adamckc

Known Member

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
i heard the 8 has lots of ignition coil and steering system problem..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am planning to install a turbo timer in my 8-auto. This is to resolve the flooding issue as I don't need my wife to wait for the car to warm up if she plans to get back in the house after cranking up in the morning. My car has stock satnav, dvd, bose system. I know it's kinda complicated and how it's wired up. Is there a problem / conflict to install a turbo timer?

Zeroonetwo

Known Member

Zeroonetwo

Known Member
Oct 6, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I am planning to install a turbo timer in my 8-auto. This is to resolve the flooding issue as I don't need my wife to wait for the car to warm up if she plans to get back in the house after cranking up in the morning. My car has stock satnav, dvd, bose system. I know it's kinda complicated and how it's wired up. Is there a problem / conflict to install a turbo timer?
Nope .. There is no issue to install a turbo timer .. u need gauges as well to monitoring the temp .

allanlewis46

allanlewis46

Mar 23, 2012
Johor Bahru
Yo bro stutz,
Saw ur post man. Congrats on ur new ride ... er or wifey's ride. But u sure hantam every weekend rite. Mr. Wankel kicked in yo!!! :bootyshake:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes, is necessary although i didnt instal hahaha.... by the way , whr u from
From KL. :) Can join the TT oooo

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Yo bro stutz,
Saw ur post man. Congrats on ur new ride ... er or wifey's ride. But u sure hantam every weekend rite. Mr. Wankel kicked in yo!!! :bootyshake:
Thanks man ... thanks. Hehehe.. well, I did try to nail it hard and hey, it's not that bad at all. 1 thing for sure it's light years better than my Airtrek turbo.. the handling! Superb! :adore::adore::adore:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I have questions regarding the AV system in RX8. Hope some members can help answer:

1) Is there a language option to change the Japanese language to English on the Satnav display?
2) Can it play our normal DVD movies? I've really never tried yet.
3) I noticed the radio has been modified to play local mhz but still displaying 7x.xx to 8x.xx mhz. I see 988 @ 80.8 mhz.
4) Any user manual of the AV system that I can find on the web?
5) What is the meaning of the control buttons and scroll button in Japanese on the center console? Anyone has the translation for those words?
6) I see there are 3 smaller guages. Fuel - OK, Water Temp - OK. Another one which is engine oil with L and H. Is it the level of the engine oil? No need to check the dip stick and monitor via the dashboard?

Thank you first!

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Hi guys, is there a 2003 Mazda rx-8 6 speed auto? I can't seem to find this info on the internet.

Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"6-speed automatic with manual paddle-shifting option (introduced in the U.S. with the 2006 model, replacing the 4-speed automatic of '04-'05)"

With the above statement 2003 should be 4 speed since 6 speed only intro in 2006....

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
"6-speed automatic with manual paddle-shifting option (introduced in the U.S. with the 2006 model, replacing the 4-speed automatic of '04-'05)"

With the above statement 2003 should be 4 speed since 6 speed only intro in 2006....
Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience