Knocking sound from engine

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i think u better get the regulator first.. im not sure stock kenari fuel pump is enuf to support, but at least u can crank up the regulator pressure and achieve safe pressure for ur turbo engine.. then can get suitable fuel pump to install.
If his original got no return means pressure already controlled by ECU? If yes, will the regulator work?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys, i hav a knocking issue.
My waja (renault) engine havent being driven since last Dec and i only drive it around the neighbourhood once or twice a month and start the engine every weekend.

Last week, i notices the engine knock whenever i do moderate acceleration be it flat ground or slight climb. This does not happen before last Dec.

I can only think of 2 things...
-engine require tune up. Unlikely as i never remove the battery terminal. Then again, this cas is quite sensitive to low battery and it happen at least twice where the starter only turns once and car could start before i hook on the charger.

-timing belt problem as i encounter before a melted either tensioner or idler pulley when i forgot that the timing belt interval is 60k and its already 80k. this timing belt has another 20k of life on it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guys, i hav a knocking issue.
My waja (renault) engine havent being driven since last Dec and i only drive it around the neighbourhood once or twice a month and start the engine every weekend.

Last week, i notices the engine knock whenever i do moderate acceleration be it flat ground or slight climb. This does not happen before last Dec.

I can only think of 2 things...
-engine require tune up. Unlikely as i never remove the battery terminal. Then again, this cas is quite sensitive to low battery and it happen at least twice where the starter only turns once and car could start before i hook on the charger.

-timing belt problem as i encounter before a melted either tensioner or idler pulley when i forgot that the timing belt interval is 60k and its already 80k. this timing belt has another 20k of life on it.
Done 60k km, but how long ago when changed?
My Accord last time, bought 2nd hand done 30+k km. Mechanic say can change at 60k, so continue using. At 40+k km timing belt broke but already passed 5 years. Therefore to me is like engine oil, 10k km or 6 months, so timing belt, for me is recommended mileage vs 5 years.......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
OH! what fuel you using? Hope is not Shell 95, my VR totally cannot run on it.......lol
Nope i havent used shell for years. Bad fc and that feeling of engine not running smooth. Caltex/BHP most of the time. When both not available it will be Petronas.

On the timing belt...i totally dont recall.as short as 3 years to as long as 5 years.
Timing belt cost...ouch....Guess it will rest a bit longer.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Nope i havent used shell for years. Bad fc and that feeling of engine not running smooth. Caltex/BHP most of the time. When both not available it will be Petronas.

On the timing belt...i totally dont recall.as short as 3 years to as long as 5 years.
Timing belt cost...ouch....Guess it will rest a bit longer.

u can try fuel-up with caltex ron97 full tank and drive it a little bit hard to cleanup carbon deposits inside the engine...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thank you guys.
I'll try Caltex 97 first when i decided to drive it.
Update,
after making the car legal again last month i pour in Petron first as thats the nearest brand available that time. Knocking is still there.
Once empty, pour in Caltex 95 and it reduces the knocking after 1/2 tank. Now its gone. Should have use my endoscope to see inside the cylinder for before and after.

On a side note, anybody notice the kinda-nice smell the exhaust produce when using caltex?
I notice this on both my BLM and Waja.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Update,
after making the car legal again last month i pour in Petron first as thats the nearest brand available that time. Knocking is still there.
Once empty, pour in Caltex 95 and it reduces the knocking after 1/2 tank. Now its gone. Should have use my endoscope to see inside the cylinder for before and after.

On a side note, anybody notice the kinda-nice smell the exhaust produce when using caltex?
I notice this on both my BLM and Waja.
Makes no difference for my cheapass Myvi. Smells equally bad

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My VR have issues with Shell. Long ago tried before, lost power. Last year tried again, after 2nd tank drop in power, 3rd tank won't rev past 4k RPM. Now back to Petron running fine......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The SLC has been caught testing before, specifically hot weather testing in the Californian Death Valley and what you see here are images of the SLC Mule during winter testing.

If you’re thinking that it looks like a Dodge Viper, well, don’t be fooled, it is only a camouflage, the top of the line Mercedes AMG will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience