help!! my 20v idling problem!!

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Last time i need to use a screw driver to cucuk the ISCV hose in order to break the harden carbon inside... This ISCV was taken from a very not well taken engine.
Usually if the engine is well taken care and fitted with stock air filter, spraying Carb Cleaner like what Bera did is enough to bring it back to the shape.

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
help!! my 20v idling problem!! Finaly problem kautim!!! (TPS setting LARI)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Alex, some mech like to advance the TPS to compensate the low idling problem. This will not solve the problem but instead will cause high FC. If no mistaken, your TPS position already set at correct position.
I am worry now you may have more troubles...

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Lucky both of you write together then reminded me there's a vacuum hose, when wrongly used, it will increase idling by 500rpm, or vise versa reduce by 500rpm. I also kena this before.

Unfortunately I forgot what is the exact name. But the pipe quite big one, not small small one. i.e. around 25mm diameter.

For my case, at first my mechanic didn't know where to plug it, then simply cucuk into the air-box plenum, causing idling increase from 950rpm to 1500rpm. But the funny thing is after driving one week, then idling slowly reduce to 950rpm. Beautiful, but everytime after remove ECU battery, reset, it will start at 1500rpm. So mafan. Another way to let it reduce to 950rpm (official target, see blacktop manual). Is to RACE the car, i.e. go Sepang 5 laps, or Batu_3 (rip) 5 laps, kautim. i.e. go find a place self racing then OK for me. But this is not the proper way lor.

Later we found out, then my mechanic simply closed the pipe and lubang, but idling also OK but after some time idling drop to mati engine. i.e. after one week. This is exactly like above sentence, where ECU is self learning and compensating.

So, could you guys be facing this issue?

Proper idling is start engine, rev will go up to 1200rpm for 2 seconds then drop to 950rpm. Always, cold morning, hot afternoon, cold night. Regardless next to sea side beach or up in Genting 6000 feet. Regardless of ECU has memory or not.

Good luck.

Guys,

as i mention earlier after replacing the idling vacuum it was fine for 2-3days...
i've continue monitoring it.. but came back to its existing problemo....
its still revving up to 1200rpm or more... but the funny part is it goes up
either when i hit the clutch to change the gear or else when i switch on the aircond...
sometimes it stays at 1000rpm... but most of the time its more.... relly funny... However, i got an advice from my fren...
he mentioned it could be due to VVT pulley as well. yea my engine has that
"diesel" noise yet does it effect the timing as well?? anyone could advice me on this please?
cronixz...my situaition is TERBALIK with u!!my rpm goes down to 500rpm:burnout:
my car oso got noisy DIESEL sound...maybe it was TRADEMARK for 20v。。lol

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
TPS need to be set exactly as in the manual. I've been playing arround advance and retard the tps. Advace tps will make vvt engage at earlier rpm and vice versa.
But there are problem with jerking. Engine jerk arround 2000-3000 rpm.
Then after follow exactly as in the manual, no more jerk.
Intermittent engine dead are still not solved.

Another thing I've found out are aircon compressor are not cut off. It turn off when i turn off swith

Last edited:

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
I also use adjustable fuel pressure regulator, then one year later piston ring burnt, cause too much fuel. What's your condition now?

Hi all, just wanna share my experience.
I've converted my car to this spec:
SVT wiring mated BT ecu with BT aircon compressor.

And my stock SVT ecu is 9717500-552-1, donno early or later model.

What I notice is idle up valve is not active anymore after using BT ecu. What have I done is I increase fuel pressure using FPR (my AFR is still ok after tested with wideband).
So as a result, my engine is less stall now but still I felt it jerk at fuel cut time.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Last time I've been playing around with butterfly stopper until....
The engine can't idle anymore.
As a solution, i get blacktop halfcut. Hehe. RIP problematic silvertop

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
TPS need to be set exactly as in the manual. I've been playing arround advance and retard the tps. Advace tps will make vvt engage at earlier rpm and vice versa.
But there are problem with jerking. Engine jerk arround 2000-3000 rpm.
Then after follow exactly as in the manual, no more jerk.
Intermittent engine dead are still not solved.

Another thing I've found out are aircon compressor are not cut off. It turn off when i turn off swith
can u teach me how to set the TPS for SVT with BT ECU?

my engine jerking around 2k - 3k like u said..

:biggrin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Follow exactly as per in the service manual

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd stole the limelight of the 2010 Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow when it launched the highly anticipated Honda Insight at an unbelievable price of RM98,000.

This newly launched entry hybrid model broke new grounds with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience