FREE Security Measures

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
What? - how can there be free security measures? Lots of people have their cars stolen because they place them in situations that could be avoided. If you have a pride and joy on which you've lavished mega-dollars, it can often be wise to buy another old car to take on those journeys where you know the car will be at risk. That way, you can breathe easily when leaving a car at a railway station or shopping centre carpark all day. If your "good" car is exposed to theft at the place where you live, physical barriers such as removable bollards that are padlocked into place can be employed.

The following security measures may look pretty basic, but when you see how many owners don't follow these rules, you realise that some people make it easy for a thief...

* Always ensure doors are locked when you leave the vehicle (and make sure the windows are right up!).

* Hide any valuable items that might be inside the car.

* To avoid car jacking, lock all doors when you are travelling.

* When parking near a building, park near a window - the occupants might be somewhat interested in someone breaking into the car right outside.

* Don't advertise the car's desirability with brand-name stickers.

* Remove a fuse for the fuel pump or ECU when you're forced to leave the car in an emergency.

* Don't go about telling everyone how great your car is!

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
i juz tot of something..... like those standalone ECU rite i saw b4 some of them put inside th passeger side dashboard compartment.

can take the ECU n keep in our own bags ah? :huh:

then w/out that ECU the car canot function at all rite? :huh:
unless they tow the car... <_<

psyk

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
ehh ehh.. those air suspensions.. like those black negro cars.. can bounce wan.. if lowered max.. the car can move onot? what about if kena towed?... if cannot move atall i wanna get those la.. muahahahaha

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Or can we do wat Mr. Bean did? Take off the steering... hehehe... use the F1 racing kind whereby u can plug it in and take it off easily....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by psyk@Feb 28 2005, 13:47
ehh ehh.. those air suspensions.. like those black negro cars.. can bounce wan.. if lowered max.. the car can move onot? what about if kena towed?... if cannot move atall i wanna get those la.. muahahahaha
A basic air suspension costs RM 8k at least! :o

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
Dunt think its a gd idea to remove the ECU... cos power to ECU is lost.. then the ECU has to re-learn ur settings all over again each time u plug it back in.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
* sell the car, take public transport, no car = cannot steal.
(but our public transport sistem sucks)

just kidding.. :D

auxoura

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
sometimes its not the stealing the car...its the parts that get stolen....

anyway if you want to avoid car being stole....make a keylock which is hidden that goes to the started. Switch it off and the car cant start...easy ;)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
A cheap steering lock is useless against aftermarket sports steering wheel since you can easily remove the 6 Allan bolts and remove the steering plus lock all together.

The thief will then replace with another steering wheel and hot wire the car and drive away...

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
It is really hard to be safe nowadays, car thiefs seem to always have the upper hand. With the motorsport sector booming in m'sia, there is more demand in parts and goodies.

A good way of detering break in's is probably to make sure all your meters, electronics can be detachable.
You should be able to customize removable sockets so that wherever you park, be it out or even at home
you can safely remove your meters and either hide or take them wth you.

If you have electronics like SAFC,AVCR,RSM...dont display them and advertise to theifs!
Hide them in the glove compartment or under the seat...since the thief cant see anything worth stealing..theres no reason to break in.
Also if you have to go to public places,shopping malls, etc..try your best to park where there is high human traffic..alot of people passing by or an entrance, window, etc
If you are afraid tht you car would be towed away or your i/c stolen, do a side park with at least a car in front and behind..this way towing is impossible and stealing the
Intercooler is very difficult.

I guess it is really tough to be 100% safe...just try your best to keep a low profile of goodies in your car and be careful where you park.
Lastly to all car enthusiasts out there, lets all look out for each other...if you see some suspicious ppl trying to break in or steal a car
try you very best to get attention and stop the arsehole! Lets all help each other.... it could happen to you!

Cheers!

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
he he .. yesterday was heavy rain in shah alam around 1600hrs .. my neighbours satria got stolen .. bright orange, lowered 15" rims plate number 1477, cant remember the wordings .. ;)

easy way to avoid car theft is .. do custom removable car gear knob stick.. can turn-turn and bring it wif u... and when wan ride back ..fix it back again .. so the thief can start but cannot put gear in anyways ;)

cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, my altis has this tyre size and the brand is bridgestone. i want to get michelin but i found out that michelin only has 205/55/16. is it better to put the bigger tyre or use bridgestone with the same size instead?

advise needed. thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience