Ford fiesta st: is it worth it?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well, here in Malaysia, so far only T, H and N holds the 2nd hand value. Other than that the rest drops like a ton of bricks, especially Citroen and in Cantonese a lot like to tease it as "Sit Toe lun" as in loose until nothing left.
In case of Ford they ain't too good either especially the Euro Ford, so if buying as driver's car go ahead don't think second hand value....:driver:
"N" has no resale value either la.

And I wonder if we can book appointment to test drive a Koeniggseg. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"N" has no resale value either la.

And I wonder if we can book appointment to test drive a Koeniggseg. :biggrin:
Depends on model loh! STD got disease sure no value.....hhahahhahahaha
Those days the Sunny model value damn good.

Can, show them your Amex black card loh........:driver:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Izi01

Aug 24, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I would sum the Fiesta ST up as a pocket monster. Amazingly fun to drive and understated.
My review here: The Fiesta ST in 100 words plus on-board track video | Zerotohundred.com

however, you might just want to take a look at the Clio RS for comparison.
Project Clio RS 200 EDC: 10 reasons why it is the hot hatch at the moment | Zerotohundred.com

I like the Fiesta ST for its purity and manual box but I love the Clio RS for everything else. It's also likely the most up-to-date.

good luck
Went to pj showroom but no test drive unit...they have it there but cannot test drive as it is already sold...

Now after sometime the looks of 208gti grew on me... Haha... Now having difficulties on which one to decide...was hoping to test drive the st just to check if the suspension setup within my tolerance or not since everywhere i read it is more stiffer than the gti..

Anyone here using the 208gti?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Btw...thanks for ur st review :)

Izi01

Aug 24, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Here in Malaysia the pug is cheaper than the fist. But most of reviews i read on the net they gave the fist a better rating due price vs handling....will the rating be the other way round if the price of the pug is cheaper?...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
be very careful with french vehicle.
it has a magical charm in its character which will bond with you for life...hehehhe
agree with you that the pug is consider as quite cheap for what it offer.here its cheaper by abt 10k compared to the fiesta right?

anyway i do b

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
my ex-colleague fell for the french charm, that made him owning 2 cars currently, and another MPV soon.
The one reason why he so attached to french car is that the way things of the car work- French flair and design.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seeing so many conti cars fail in their later years in Malaysia makes me very afraid to own any of them

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
electronic in the car does wonder, but when the electronic goes bzzzzzzzz, it will be headache....compared to mechanic stuff...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
electronic in the car does wonder, but when the electronic goes bzzzzzzzz, it will be headache....compared to mechanic stuff...
Yup, back in the days of the carb, me and my mechanic use to adjust everything manually, don't like adjust.....hahaha:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Back in the 90s, I could still DIY some smaller maintenance stuff on my Mitsu 4 cyl like taking out and cleaning injectors, TB, idle servo, changing the cam cover seal, replacing motor fans & thermostat, change plugs, adjust timing, etc2. But now even looking at my Mark X engine, I'm headache already, looks so complicated and got a lot more sensors and wiring.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The central lock for passenger side already got problem for quite some time but recently got worsen.
Can't open from outside anymore. So it's time to replace it.

At first I thought it's something like proton central lock, but for my Toyota SEG the central lock is in one assembly with door lock mechanism. So went to halftcut to find a replacement.

Fisrtly remove internal door cover which I've not shown here.
Then remove 4 screws at the door as in the picture. 3 screws for door lock...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience