CTA : Competitive Track Autoshow 2012

ron88

Apr 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
2 more days to go!!!

Come and join us at Sepang International Circuit this coming Sunday January 15 2012!
Hope to see you all there!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Having gone there as "media", I must say it was pretty well organised and the participants seemed relatively happy except for the 1000 Myvi gathering fellas la. They seemed more concerned about the lack of attention they were getting (or not getting) from the public. I don't blame them since a drift competition was happening just next to their car parking area and a car show was happening on the other end. Gawd gotta love Leona's BMW track prepped car! Talk about nice wide ass! (The car.....)

Will post up an article about that day once I sort out the photos. Heard Tom was there with his kermit but I didn't get a chance to meet him.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Tom was at Pit 5, with his gf together with the VW's and participated :)

Can the organizers or someone post the results here for us to view? Would like to know the time attack results, thanks.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tom was at Pit 5, with his gf together with the VW's and participated :)

Can the organizers or someone post the results here for us to view? Would like to know the time attack results, thanks.
Aiks? I went pit to pit snapping shots and no signs of kermit? Hmm.. All that sunlight must've colour blinded me. :biggrin:

Or maybe it was the chickas. Me likey chickas.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think i saw "the green" kermits...but not sure if it was tom driving it? :adore:

was there the whole day...hanging around in lancer cvt pit area....adoring those volve....especially "BTCC like" prepped car.... :driver: not to mention those girls... :biggrin:

pity the AE86's tyre burst in the drift area caused by the drain grill????

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Enjoyed the show a lot. Well organised and there's still some places for improvements. The drift tent was a bit small..Hahahaha Maybe add another one will be nice so more people can go watch....also the course was some what too short??

Just wondering la....if there were bikes or shutter service to bring photog around the track??

Overall, it's a nice event. Met a lot of nice & friendly people.....My hats off to those V1 crews..they are very polite towards visitors and are very courteous. Keep up the good work and I'm sure more people will come....Also salute to those girls handling out RedBulls. Thanks for offering free drinks....Really needed it.

Tom, was driving the Kermit and his pit was with the Exotic Mods guys...

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
for media moving around should bring our own as far as i knew :adore:

that hummer really eye catching la...salute the driver that drive around those narrow SIC pit/paddock area.... :biggrin:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Good combination of time attack and autoshow. Won't get bored of seeing autoshow cars only.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, was there on a last minute decision,
I saw Titanrevm yeehau but couldn't spot izso there yesterday, what a shame.
sorry for not informing you izso, i knew you're going to be there but was a rush so didn't get a chance to call you.

overall the event was a relaxing one and the organizing crew was aplenty and ready to help, i also agree they're mostly prepared and extremely easy to deal with and friendly. I had some issues with the transponder and kvinn, nic and ron were very responsible and helpful.

Had an enjoyable 2 sessions but there were some idle time and waiting time. was also surprised the FF turbo group was postponed for a while due to a sudden superbike session? I'm sure the organizing crew had what it took to run it well but it was weird to see the event prioritizing, what i think was their own IPC photoshoot activity? which was supposed to be an open track session?

Other comments:
- More effort need to be put into the participant time sheet list as there weren't the list of cars driven, only names and times and we didn't get to see the time sheets for the 2 sessions up until the end of the event.
- The Autoshow was good to include but no offense to anyone, about time event organizers choose or filter proper showcars rather than to have a Guinness record number of certain models, flame throwing exhausts, over glorified mobile boomboxes and weird examples that really belong in outdoor fun fair night events. (there were also some drama in the end regarding some unfairness protest)

but all in all, i enjoyed the event

ron88

Apr 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, was there on a last minute decision,
I saw Titanrevm yeehau but couldn't spot izso there yesterday, what a shame.
sorry for not informing you izso, i knew you're going to be there but was a rush so didn't get a chance to call you.

overall the event was a relaxing one and the organizing crew was aplenty and ready to help, i also agree they're mostly prepared and extremely easy to deal with and friendly. I had some issues with the transponder and kvinn, nic and ron were very responsible and helpful.

Had an enjoyable 2 sessions but there were some idle time and waiting time. was also surprised the FF turbo group was postponed for a while due to a sudden superbike session? I'm sure the organizing crew had what it took to run it well but it was weird to see the event prioritizing, what i think was their own IPC photoshoot activity? which was supposed to be an open track session?

Other comments:
- More effort need to be put into the participant time sheet list as there weren't the list of cars driven, only names and times and we didn't get to see the time sheets for the 2 sessions up until the end of the event.
- The Autoshow was good to include but no offense to anyone, about time event organizers choose or filter proper showcars rather than to have a Guinness record number of certain models, flame throwing exhausts, over glorified mobile boomboxes and weird examples that really belong in outdoor fun fair night events. (there were also some drama in the end regarding some unfairness protest)

but all in all, i enjoyed the event
hey tom!

Ronald here, really really sorry that you had to come all the way from your pit to pit 21....i was really busy and plus outside had some problems.....but anyway was nice meeting you and thank you for your support towards this event...i would also like to thank Izso, yeehau86, pomen GTR, jpoplover, titanrev and loose_end for supporting.....hope to see you guys soon! We still need a lot of improvement to this event! Thank you to all participants and visitors for supporting us! See you guys next round!

Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Looking forward for the next event, I will go.

However, do improve on letting others know clearly on the entrance. There was a guy who paid RM42 by Taxi to the SIC Main Entrance. If I was not there, he would have taken another Taxi home.

CTA

Nov 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The top finalists of the Model Search are out! Hurry up and "Like" your favourite now to decide who gets to be the number ONE!

The CTA Models page CTA Model Search! | Facebook

The voting period for our beautiful models will end on Monday, the 6th of February at 11:59pm sharp! So move it guys! Lets show them some support!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Looking forward for the next event, I will go.

However, do improve on letting others know clearly on the entrance. There was a guy who paid RM42 by Taxi to the SIC Main Entrance. If I was not there, he would have taken another Taxi home.
Thank you loose_end for guiding the guy ! Looking forward to see you next CTA event. We need a lot of improvement for the next event. thanks for your feedback.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car satria 4g15.

I recently bought

1. Jasma camshaft
2. Works Adj. Cam
3. 4-2-1 extractor
4. Open pod - going to custom the piping to make it really near to the front bumper.

Going to upgrade my piping + cat s flow to minimum of 1.8-2.0 inch (still unsure because maybe going to install emanage blue in the near future).

So my plan now is to Install everything + stock ecu.

My main question is, am i going to lose low end or top end with this setting?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience