Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Another question, my car roof seems to be a little sore to the eyes, both exterior and interior. My foreman managed to get a steal of this sunroof for me, and charge me only for workmanship. Estimated cost is rm800 in total for the roof and workmanship. I’m tempted to go for it. Any words of wisdom to share? :driver:

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Alright. Will play around the Power, Eco, and Hold button once car is ready to run. So, Eco modes allows the gear to shift at 2k+-, where as Power Mode allows higher rev prior to gear shift automatically. But Power Mode makes the gearbox more sensitive? Hmmmmm. I believe the throttle control is by wire, unlikely Power Mode would affect throttle response, isn’t it?
Changing gears at high revs gives you more power, utilizing the engines power. Does not change the throttle response.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Another question, my car roof seems to be a little sore to the eyes, both exterior and interior. My foreman managed to get a steal of this sunroof for me, and charge me only for workmanship. Estimated cost is rm800 in total for the roof and workmanship. I’m tempted to go for it. Any words of wisdom to share? :driver:
As for sun roof, it is personal. Some will like, some don't, and especially will you be using it?
The cons are whether it will leak, then again the welding points will it rust and/or weak the roof structure...

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
ECU override TCU......fight for control......lol
i shift it like a manual. ahahaha.

Alright. Will play around the Power, Eco, and Hold button once car is ready to run. So, Eco modes allows the gear to shift at 2k+-, where as Power Mode allows higher rev prior to gear shift automatically. But Power Mode makes the gearbox more sensitive? Hmmmmm. I believe the throttle control is by wire, unlikely Power Mode would affect throttle response, isn’t it?
u know how these autobox works right? yes, the throttle is control by wire but u know what is there bolted to your butterfly at the throttle body? the TPS sensor. ECU reads your throttle opening via the TPS and also the MAF sensor. the TCU reads signals from the ECU and then controls the voltage and pulse sent to the solenoid in the valve body there. so yes, in PWR mode, your gearbox will be more sensitive on your throttle response. :driver:

Reactions: vr2turbo

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A few things to consider. Leaking roof, poor welding job, creaky noisy joints due to bad weld, and if it does leak - your interior will get really badly affected.

Reactions: sanekit

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Changing gears at high revs gives you more power, utilizing the engines power. Does not change the throttle response.....
Yeah, i was saying that imo the gearbox mode wont affect the throttle response since it’s controlled by wire and that the gearbox mode merely tweaks the gearbox shifting behavior to requiring higher revs prior to gear shift.

Though, sanekit has a good point there about the TPS+MAF sensors and TCU/ECU ability to read our throttle input and affecting our throttle response sensitivity.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
i shift it like a manual. ahahaha.

u know how these autobox works right? yes, the throttle is control by wire but u know what is there bolted to your butterfly at the throttle body? the TPS sensor. ECU reads your throttle opening via the TPS and also the MAF sensor. the TCU reads signals from the ECU and then controls the voltage and pulse sent to the solenoid in the valve body there. so yes, in PWR mode, your gearbox will be more sensitive on your throttle response. :driver:
By logic, it does seem to be correct that the throttle response sensitivity would increase when TPS/MAF sensor reading our throttle opening at higher revs. Though, imo we need not to be in Power Mode to achieve this. By remaining in a specific gear and keeping levelled with the rev band would achieve the same results i.e. 2nd gear with 3k rpm and above (additionally, holding the gear would allow us being in control rather than giving the TCU shift the gear for us earlier than desired). Then again, i could be wrong too! Hahahaha

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
haha. for my slowpoke single cam, there's a huge difference in response between PWR and ECO.
Single cam and twin cam difference in torque/power delivery is different. Putting aside power and eco mode, imo, as long as you’re in the right rev/torque bandwidth, the response would feel quick and prompt. When vice versa takes place i.e. not in desirable rev/torque band, the response would feel lazy.

Now, single cam rev/torque bandwidth is meaty when it’s on low rev band between 1-4k, while running slightly out of breath once going above 4k (assuming the car is stock with no mods/light mods). The opposite situation takes place for DOHC. Newer engines with variable valve timing (vvt) would assist to reduce the laziness for the pitfalls of either sohc/dohc. Just a guessing, imo, you would feel that your sohc feels “responsive” on the throttle input during Power mode because the gears didnt shift as quick and it had remained in your sohc desired power band, hence increasing the throttle response feel.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
A few things to consider. Leaking roof, poor welding job, creaky noisy joints due to bad weld, and if it does leak - your interior will get really badly affected.
The foreman shared some photos to give me insights and better understanding of how he would get the sunroof done. He is going to cut the roof of my wira (as seen in photo, same wira aeroback model but not my car) and place the halfcut sunroof into it with the frames together. The reasoning for this execution by the said foreman is to ensure rigidity and reliability. What do you think in your opinion?

Attachments

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Just to share with you guys! Interior trims have been installed, pending for the installation of sunroof and my Works Engineering gauges for interior items.

Now, the car is pending for:

(1) Installing Evo 3 intercooler and it’s piping.
(2) Retrofitting the Wira SE front bumper to fit nicely and hide the Evo 3 intercooler and piping that’s sprayed black in colour.
(3) Fitting the rear Wira SE bumper+skirts+number plate holder.
(4) Installing 2.5 inch exhaust piping, with 2 bullets and 1 S-Flow muffler.
(5) Tuning the adjustable BC Racing V1 (front 6k / rear 4k) to street conditions, likely on softer side.
(6) Tuning the fuel mapping and power band via E-Manage Blue piggyback for 1.0 bar of boost utilizing Ron95.
(7) Endorse the car, obtain legal roadtax and insurance to go on the road.
(8) Get the sunroof done with A+B+C pillar wrap with black fabric.
(9) Get the Works Engineering gauges installed.
(10) Paintjob.
(11) Install keyless entry and push-start Epsilon.
(12) Install JBL sound system (6 speakers, 2 tweeters, 1 processor cum amplifier) and Pioneer player.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifus out there , is there any different between the Putra 1997 1st batch twin layer brake servo and master pump with the evo 3 ,

i've seen both and yet can't find much difference between them in term of the servo size , master pump , could it be the internals ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience