Coming from the UK

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Import car prices is more expensive in Malaysia compared to the UK. For example 2017 BMW 318i price starts from RM209k in Malaysia and RM157k in the UK. That's about 33% more. However, labour charges are much more expensive. As jay_lancer mentioned, it costs about 250+ per hour there compared to about RM60/hour here. That's about 400% more expensive!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
more like 5x2, 2x5. hahahaha....
There's no best of both world.

extra 400% labor charge, easily outnumbered rm209k if frequent visit to workshop. I mean in UK.
If engine swap in malaysia, labor charge rm1200-1500. No daily charges even take 1-2 months to complete the project.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
pro and cons. Labor charge is expensive vs asia.
BUT car price is cheaper vs asia.
That was what he meant, because he is in car mod scene so labor expensive is out. In UK buy a stock car you like that is it. In Thailand he can soup it up, swap engine and so on......lol:biggrin:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hi mate

I am from the UK, I live in Thailand now but like this forum because it is mostly in English unlike the Thai forum's, but the scene in Malaysia is more similar to Thailand than the UK.

I am actually here in the UK now for a short trip to visit friends and family.

Enjoy living in SE Asia!
good to know Jay, please enjoy your stay here

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can we DIY the Viper alike voice module?

So when we open/lock our car, it ll got the "Viper armed" and "Viper dis-armed" sound.

Feel annoying & bored with the standard alarm sounds which are di di, du du, doink doink sound like that -_-lll

Any DIY expert can share how to DIY this? Since nowadays, Fake BOV sound oso can DIY oledi, i think this voice module will b more easy, right?:cool:

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience