Clutch Problem

yakuza_azl

May 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I drive a Saga LMST 2007. Has Done about 43K Km.

I bought this car second about 9 months ago. The clutch pedal has being quite stiff since then and when i change the gear to reserve after the 1st gear i hear a screathing noise.

Is this because of a bad clutch? Will running on a bad clutch affect my gear box?

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
1) check the freeplay on the pedal, may need to be readjusted. Its easily done, look near the brake servo and you'll see the clutch cable to the right of it.

Google images is your friend. :biggrin: pull on the circled item, then u can turn the nut there to adjust.

2) does it judder when you start moving (1st or reverse) / slipping while driving? your pressure plate could be going / clutch wearing out.

Crunching gears will eventually break something...

Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

yakuza_azl

May 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1) check the freeplay on the pedal, may need to be readjusted. Its easily done, look near the brake servo and you'll see the clutch cable to the right of it.

Google images is your friend. :biggrin: pull on the circled item, then u can turn the nut there to adjust.

2) does it judder when you start moving (1st or reverse) / slipping while driving? your pressure plate could be going / clutch wearing out.

Crunching gears will eventually break something...

Cheers!
Thanks a lot. I shall try adjusting that.

Also my car does not judder or slip while moving.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of my bro's Proton Putra stolen. Location: KOI KINRARA Puchong.Date/Time: Between 1/1/11 2300hrs to 2/1/11 0400hrs. Reg.NO: BFE 8848. Car has custom bodykits and colour is RED Rosso Scuderia. Any info or leads, kindly inform 012 242 5050 or 016 260 6600. Do help to pass the message on. Thank You.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience