can rx8 convert ngv ?

winsonchew

Jan 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
did u all owned a rx8 now?? or owned it before??

only the rx8 owner will understand what the hell of that guys thinking and feeling..

CSL, nice to see u here also.. LOLx..

can afford RX8 not means can afford the FC and the spare parts..

did u guys know how much a second hand rx8 now in the market?? around 65k to 75k can get one, manufacture years of course are 03/04/05 la.. BUT, years 2006/2007 higher a bit.. around 80k-90k
BELOW 100K only, it's not that hard to own one for people's..

did u guys know the rotary engine MUST pump RON97 all the way?? RON97 ain't cheap..!!

FC for my auto gearbox rx8 full tank about 55L x RM2.90/L = RM159.50, now drop till RM2.7/L i knew it.. only can run up to 280KM miles age only.. i never get to hit above 300KM miles ages before since i bought these car from FEB 2010 until now..

that's why i daily drive my W204 now, my rx8 just keep at home, my rx8, 1 month just drive 1-2 times only due to the FC high, all the way need to drink RON97.. not worth for me to use as a daily car..

if that guys only got 1 car, i think he say want to convert to NGV is not for no reason..

at the beginning, that guys should survey this car before bought it.. can join rx8clubmalaysia.com forum to ask the senior member opinion..

beside the FC, all the spare parts for rx8 are consider wear & tear item like steering rack rm5k, bubble spare tank rm1.2k, ignition coil rm1.6k, and many many more.. i already spent about RM25K for this rx8 is just for replace this and that genuine spare parts ONLY!!

only rx8-er will understand rx8-er..

thanks..

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

only the rx8 owner will understand what the hell of that guys thinking and feeling..

did u guys know how much a second hand rx8 now in the market?? around 65k to 75k can get one, manufacture years of course are 03/04/05 la.. BUT, years 2006/2007 higher a bit.. around 80k-90k

did u guys know the rotary engine MUST pump RON97 all the way?? RON97 ain't cheap..!!

FC for my auto gearbox rx8 full tank about 55L x RM2.90/L = RM159.50, now drop till RM2.7/L i knew it.. only can run up to 280KM miles age only.. i never get to hit above 300KM miles ages before since i bought these car from FEB 2010 until now..

that's why i daily drive my W204 now, my rx8 just keep at home, my rx8, 1 month just drive 1-2 times only due to the FC high, all the way need to drink RON97.. not worth for me to use as a daily car..

if that guys only got 1 car, i think he say want to convert to NGV is not for no reason..

at the beginning, that guys should survey this car before bought it.. can join rx8clubmalaysia.com forum to ask the senior member opinion..

beside the FC, all the spare parts for rx8 are consider wear & tear item like steering rack rm5k, bubble spare tank rm1.2k, ignition coil rm1.6k, and many many more.. i already spent about RM25K for this rx8 is just for replace this and that genuine spare parts ONLY!!

thanks..
it can use ron 95...

winsonchew

Jan 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RON95 can use, the car can run also after pump in RON95, but, it's strongly NOT recommended for RX8 this kind of ROTARY engine use.. YOUR CAR ENGINE WILL BE KNOCKING AND U CAN FELT IT..

want to rebuild engine or blow engine anytime?? can try to continue using RON95. but, it won't blow on the spot, it's take time, maybe 1 month, 6 month, 1 years or maybe longer?? No one can expect..

Japanese not recommended Rx8 this kind of ROTARY engine using the petrol LOWER than RON97.. MUST RON97 above, too bad, malaysia highest grade of petrol is just RON97 and the v-power racing NOT every shell station have it..

my experience that i filled in the ron95 in my rx8 before.. my O2 sensor failure after few days and engine knocking.. LOLx.. after i fill back RON97 then it's back to normal.. of course my O2 sensor has been replaced with a new one cost about RM800 only..

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
that's the luxury of getting sport car
if you can afford, keep it weekend.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

thanks..
I'm sorry, but the points made here is ridiculous.

Power and high cost goes hand in hand. You want performance? You gotta pay big bucks for it. You want power in a rotary? Pay bigger bucks.

An RX8 as a daily? You're either gotta be rich or an idiot.

The only reason why someone would even consider converting an RX8 to NGV is because he likes the look of a sports car, but not the power behind one.

Personally,I call these people posers.

winsonchew

Jan 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm sorry, but the points made here is ridiculous.

Power and high cost goes hand in hand. You want performance? You gotta pay big bucks for it. You want power in a rotary? Pay bigger bucks.

An RX8 as a daily? You're either gotta be rich or an idiot.

The only reason why someone would even consider converting an RX8 to NGV is because he likes the look of a sports car, but not the power behind one.

Personally,I call these people posers.
at the beginning he purchased this car, he think rx8 is just 1.3cc and it's very save fuel like myvi 1.3.. lolx..

my MONTHLY petrol are RM900-RM1100 when i use the Rx8 as daily car last time.. 1 month used at least 6 full tank of RON97, some other month maybe 7-8 tank if got go to outstation..

1 full tank lowest miles age is 240km for me if my foot heavy on the gas pedal.. normal driving highest miles age is 280++km for me.. i never get above 300km miles age before for 1 full tank of petrol..

the petrol that i spent on my Rx8 can use to installment for another car already.. LOLx..

Last edited:

jedi

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
hahaha.... sounds like I want to rear a tiger but meat is too expensive, can my tiger eat grass ?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I want to drive RE sports car........and mau NGV pulak.....
Anyway, the TS made a big mistake buying a car that he knows little.

Just like smartphone. Cheap to buy, expensive to maintain in the long run....So mau gaya? Mau murah? Mana mau?

Anyway, I oso curious if I can I drive RE sports car...can run diesel? Minyak masak cap buruh? Diesel? Recycled oil from frying french fried? Grease from frying bacon?:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I want to drive RE sports car........and mau NGV pulak.....
Anyway, the TS made a big mistake buying a car that he knows little.

Just like smartphone. Cheap to buy, expensive to maintain in the long run....So mau gaya? Mau murah? Mana mau?

Anyway, I oso curious if I can I drive RE sports car...can run diesel? Minyak masak cap buruh? Diesel? Recycled oil from frying french fried? Grease from frying bacon?:biggrin:

if piston engine can convert into ngv with proper tune with less power loss...

but rotary...n.a summore....if turbo rotary can offset back the power loss with turbo pressure

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
haiya....like that, just plonk in hayabusa engine.....compact, rev like mad.....powderful too :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my check light keep on..i'm using 1.8 mivec.but the alternator still 1.8.is there any way i can get mivec alternator coz mivec alternator has 4 pin.1.8 only 2 pin.where can i find mivec alternator coz my foreman said this alternator is hard to find.anyone can help???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience