BNM measures to give 6 months moratorium

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Let's focus purely on the hire purchase clause.

6 months no need to pay car loan! Is that a good or bad thing since no interest impact either.

Discuss?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If u are in financial difficulty during this 'viral' period, its a good thing. U also win if u plant to sell your car as no need to waste 6 month installment. Sell it at the last month of the morotarium.

If u can serve your loan/financing as usual then its a terrible way to spend 6 month as
U still have to serve the 6 month, at an extended period of the overall tenure.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If u are in financial difficulty during this 'viral' period, its a good thing. U also win if u plant to sell your car as no need to waste 6 month installment. Sell it at the last month of the morotarium.

If u can serve your loan/financing as usual then its a terrible way to spend 6 month as
U still have to serve the 6 month, at an extended period of the overall tenure.
assuming you can find a buyer....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you are financial sound, continue paying. Those who are not so good off, also have to be careful as they might spend the money elsewhere then find it hard to continues installments later.......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My question that nobody can answer. Is, will there be additional interest accrued? Unlike other loans, the interest for HP is already calculated upfront.

For housing loan I understand.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My question that nobody can answer. Is, will there be additional interest accrued? Unlike other loans, the interest for HP is already calculated upfront.

For housing loan I understand.
Every day different version coming out. Certain banks now announce no compound interest.....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Confirmed. Hire purchase loans won’t incur additional interest. So take it! Only those by banks eligible.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If you are financial sound, continue paying. Those who are not so good off, also have to be careful as they might spend the money elsewhere then find it hard to continues installments later.......lol
wish got hidden stash of money in shoe box....hahaha
"IF" have 6 mth of payment ready, then continue as usual.
i opt for automatic moratorium to cushion uncertain 6 mth. Family is more important than try to be hero continue serving loan because the risk of salary cut or jobless since economy badly affected by covid19.
Some may not agree.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Question, will the subsequent payments get higher due to reduced installment frequency, or the term period also gets extended hence just continue the same installment amount?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Question, will the subsequent payments get higher due to reduced installment frequency, or the term period also gets extended hence just continue the same installment amount?
continue for another 6 months. no higher payment or compound interest.

If you want to continue paying, you need to contact your bank, fill in form and opt-out.

To me, 6 months extension is not too long. But during this critical 6 months no cash in hand will be a bigger problem. A big storm is coming ahead.

Still don't know what the company financial and cash flow situation. If you're on IT line you will see a higher demand on IT peripherals because everything will switch to online mode and WFH. If you're in tourism and hospitality then a big problem. Last month globally already seeing 70% dropped. Cruise company almost gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6UE5t and sweelt

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

If you want to continue paying, you need to contact your bank, fill in form and opt-out.

To me, 6 months extension is not too long. But during this critical 6 months no cash in hand will be a bigger problem. A big storm is coming ahead.

Still don't know what the company financial and cash flow situation. If you're on IT line you will see a higher demand on IT peripherals because everything will switch to online mode and WFH. If you're in tourism and hospitality then a big problem. Last month globally already seeing 70% dropped. Cruise company almost gone.
Then it's good, should just take it.

Yeah, just glad to still have a job.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yah, like airlines too.......

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Petrol price dropped seems good right... but it has big impact... refineries is continue to operate... oil mining cannot stop once started... this has created more supply than demand... soon, we will see layoff by oil industries. This industry is known as bigger spender in anything... there will chain effect.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
knn.. my bank is the one bank thats a dick. Ok gonna keep repaying then. I don't want to add on the misery

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, about last month, I installed a Borla straight flow muffler on my car, and yes it was very loud and bassy initially. Last week my hands were itchy and decided to install a DIY cold air intake, the DIY was okay, but I removed them about two days later because of the heavy rain recently in my area,afraid of floods,since the road I travel to college is prone to flooding. (Ps: I never really pay any attention to the sound of muffler when my CAI was installed)

Until now,I have not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience