anyone tried carbon x engine cleaner?

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
my friend introduce this product to me. i guess this one is another new product which they claim that will clean the carbon inside our engine valve, piston head & spark plug. the result is more pick up & lighter. not sure whether true @ not. anyone tried this? actually i was thinking of trying this.

Carbon X - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
Carbon X - Myvi SE 1.3 2010 - YouTube

btw, d smoke coming out from d exhaust look scary. not sure if the product will give side effect to d engine & what if the white smoke stick like that forever on our car? lolz! not dare to simply try without any consultation of d expert here. :driver:

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
for direct injection engine need to do the job. after every 30000km.

the smoke will stand ard 10-15min.

been use carbon cleaner for my few car... no prob at all..... anyway i use SeaForm

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
i was thinking that they just do some chemistry thing that produce white smoke when they put this product into d engine & claim that it is the carbon being cleaned from d engine part when actually it done nothing. :stupid:
i never try too, so i dunno how effective it is.:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
im always sceptical when it comes to pouring so called additives or carbon cleaner into my engine,
previously i was using X1R, after a while my whole engine jammed up. from that day onwards i stop using any additives at all.
just change your engine oil on time & u are fine.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
agree bro. we never know how it work & what it did to our engine. hence, we never know d consequences & long term effect of using it.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
im always sceptical when it comes to pouring so called additives or carbon cleaner into my engine,
previously i was using X1R, after a while my whole engine jammed up. from that day onwards i stop using any additives at all.
just change your engine oil on time & u are fine.
X1R caused your engine to jam? Why? Is it because it sticks to the metal and soon becomes sludge?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006

been use carbon cleaner for my few car... no prob at all..... anyway i use SeaForm
how do u use it?

yup when i opened up my engine, all pistons was black & oil sludge everywhere. had to overhaul it.
same thing happen to my friend.

however i did try it once only.lucky i didnt use it regularly.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As for the carbon cleaner, they all work like that. The white smoke is the cleaner that gets burned after dissolving the carbon deposits. I used to use DCS or GZox brand every 20K km for this, and they do work fine. It's good for maintenance to try reduce/slow down carbon deposits build up. Of course it would not be able to clean 100% like new so don't expect miracle if your engine is already very dirty. You can use this cleaners to also clean your throttle body but be careful with plastic parts as they can get affected (this cleaners are quite strong).

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

For GDI engine maybe have to do more often/shorter intervals like every 20k Km. Cuz the valves and intake of GDI engines are not passed thru by the fuel so it can get carbon deposits faster.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
With this kinda cleaning way is like humans getting old need some performance inside toilet by having laxative, but the sluggy problem will be back soon..
This kinda stuff came out because there's market for that price comparing with top overhaul.. Look at those smokes! :smokin:
I can't imagine how worst the catalytic converter will be after this kinda so called treatment..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yup when i opened up my engine, all pistons was black & oil sludge everywhere. had to overhaul it.
Bro. Danz, I have some friends using every oil change. In fact they love it...:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

For GDI engine maybe have to do more often/shorter intervals like every 20k Km. Cuz the valves and intake of GDI engines are not passed thru by the fuel so it can get carbon deposits faster.
As mentioned for GDi, the fuel does not pass the valves, so the valves cannot be cleaned this way, only the piston head can be cleaned...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any zth member can recommend any Workshop can tune camshaft with adj cam pulley ?
price ?
tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience