Any member drives Frontiers ??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I'm looking for Mit. Storm 16 inch rims but hard to find....how much would it fetch for a set of 2nd hand...I plan to repaint it for rough use so no point I get a set of new ones and sakit hati when it get scratch...

gavan, I removed the breather hose section leading back to the intake. I feel no difference but no more oil vapour going back into the turbo. Before this I took out the IC for cleaning and the connecting hose was full of dark lub oil from the vapour all stuck on the connecting hoses and inside the IC and even the intake manifold was full of smudge build up...I so sakit hati when I see this. Even the intake hose from the air filter after the breather hole was full of oil stain...leading down to the turbo which is not good as after long time it will become smudge and ketulan and affecting the intake. I should have took pictures when i removed all this stuff but my hand was full of oil and grease. The breather hose ontop of the engine i also took out and oil just drain out a bit from the hose. This shows how much the oil vaopur is going into the OCT. My OCT is really balck with oil.....I ask the shop mechanic and they say if want to clean the intake manifold have to take it out. I was thinking whether can we re route the EGR tube to vent to the atmo instead if venting it back to the intake manifold. What will be the effect. I just want the intake to stay cleaner..not 100% but not as dirty as now....

This is me on cleaning the IC, air filter, OCT, using old newspaper to wipe off and suck up all those grease and oil....really tired that day..I spend the whole evening doing it. Picture showing me taking out the OCT.

The latest engine pic...I change the connecting hoses to silicone one..very straight forward change and easy for the IC. No need to pay labour also. Bought 2 connector for RM90. Then the intake SS piping. 2 silicone joint plus the 90 degree SS piping is about RM150... Fitting the SS intake piping was a bit hard cause I didnt cut it short enough but it fitted well. Should have cut a bit more shorter....hahahaha~~silly me. Now the engine sounds a bit different...feel more 'garang' when tekan....sound a bit bassier and deeper. Coated the IC with TSD Boron coating. I still have left over from my previous use at another car so just whack it....inside the IC still have some oil stain which is hard to clean...Any good idea to clean the inside of the IC?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ok first thing first... SAFETY la bro... apala wear slipper climb the engine there? WARAO! haha...

btw, nice engine bay. where is your front grill oo?

erm to remove grease best is to use grease remover or even dish washing liquid. Those sopa can remove grease/oil wan ma... so wash it using that lor... if you wash the IC nicely then make sure it's really dry before installing back into the car. water in the intake = dead engine.

oh yeah, your silicone hoses, when you buy that time you brought the hoses to buy it or you measured the hoses beforehand?

i'm very sure my IC is full of oil already due to the breather hose thing, but since i don't have a OCT yet, no choice but just to bare with it first la. I guess abit of oil int he intake won't kill la, at least it keeps it from rusting. It's better oil than water.

and i was also initially thinking of installing a dump pipe into the car, but thinking that the cat needs to be removed and my car still under warrety, decided not to. hehe...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hahahaha~~gavan, slipper because I was at home....I dont want my safety boot to break some bracket....:biggrin:

I just drove my car there. Show them I want the hoses and they look for me and I go home install. Oh~~grease remover....didnt think of using that that time....Thanks for the info...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
No worries... was just reminding you to be careful when working on your car. even with slipper also nevermind, as long as when u panjat panjat don't mishap la. =)

Am looking for places that sells back bumpers, you know where to find? I went to one but the design was very simple and the price was quite steep also. Want to look for other, weight is not a factor for me but i want something really tough..

Bump: No worries... was just reminding you to be careful when working on your car. even with slipper also nevermind, as long as when u panjat panjat don't mishap la. =)

Am looking for places that sells back bumpers, you know where to find? I went to one but the design was very simple and the price was quite steep also. Want to look for other, weight is not a factor for me but i want something really tough.

yeah the degreaser is good. or also can use carb cleaner. It removes dirt, grime and grease as well. :)

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Haha, no one logs into here anymore huh? Anyways, here is some teasers from my last trip. =)

Hehe... enjoy... =)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Gavan, just change my shocks..Hahaha I'm now using Gabriel Ultra..is this a good brand? I search for its info and it's from AUS. Have to test it tonight.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Gavan, just change my shocks..Hahaha I'm now using Gabriel Ultra..is this a good brand? I search for its info and it's from AUS. Have to test it tonight.
heard that they are cheap here in Malaysia. How good are they i'm not too sure but i guess they shouldn't be too shabby either. My friend posted a photo of gabriel shocks screwed up in Cheroh if i'm not mistaken. One of the offroading tracks he was at he found some screwed up grabriels. :P

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Gavan, ermm..It's my 1st time using Gabriel. I didn't offroad much since I use the truck to carry stuff. The shocks are stiffer can feel the body roll is less. Grip on cornering has improved.

jdmr31

Mar 24, 2006
www.thecarspace.com
Greetings everyone,

My dad is looking to buy his first pick-up truck, and we've been scouting around looking at the various makes and models out there in the market.

Being a Nissan fan, I am very inclined to persuade my dad to get the Frontier (or possibly the Navara too).

However, I have one concern about the Frontier's engine. I noticed lately that on average, more Frontiers appear to be blowing black smoke as compared to other makes, and I even noticed this on one particular Frontier that bared a number plate as recent as WPA (I'm from KL by the way).

As owners of Frontiers, I am very keen to know if anyone has experienced premature wear of the engine, and your comments on the overall reliability of the Frontier (and Navara too, for those who have one).

I am genuinely keen on this pickup truck as it appears to be the best looking of the bunch (to me at least :biggrin:), and it would complement the other Nissan that we have at home, but it would be a shame if it was let down by its engine.

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! :smile:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
jdmr31, the truck is very realiable and the engine is tough. Black smoke is normal on diesel trucks if you full throttle that 's because the black smoke is from unburnt fuel same like when your turbo cars kick in then you see a cloud of black smoke. Normal driving black smoke is very less. I;ve own this truck for 3 years black smoke only have some during 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd gear above black smoke is less. Maintenance also not that bad a normal oil changed is about 150+- only. Parts is also not an issue. The truck also sits lower than Hilux and Triton giving the truck better center of gravity compare to others.

There's some things that u need to look out for.
Sludge build up in the IC. this is due to the vapour from the engine circulating back into the engine. Recommend to get an oil catch tank and don't re-route back the hose into the intake. You can see my pictures as a reference. The oil vapour will cause suldge to build up in the IC and the compressor side of the turbo.

The absorber. The OEM shocks are not that lasting and tough. You can see it yourself that they are very think and small for such a big truck. Recommend you to change it to better brands which is bigger than the OEM and performs better.

Check the beltings if you are getting a 2nd hand. When I bought my new truck the AC belt gave way at around 50K mileage. Have the belt changed if you get a 2ndhand unit. There are 3 belts and it won't cost you much.

If you bought the version with steel rims try to have the tire size max at 245. you can put 265 but the tire wear will be uneven because the steel rim is not wide enough to support the tire. If you have the sport rims version then 265 is fine for you.

The seating space at the back is a bit tight compare to the Triton.

Overall the truck is great to drive and FC is also good. The turbo kick in from 2K onwards till 4K which makes it very fun to drive. Hope this would help you in your decision.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
been driving the car alot... on and off road... the car is very capable. :)

but for town use only i suggest get a navara, no regrets... it's an auto, has VGT and it's spacious... looks mean too... love that ride...

in terms of black smoke, most diesel pick-ups emits black smoke. just the amount varies.. so far my car i believe has been through a lot and the car has been running fine. Just look at the all photos i've posted and i guess you get the rough idea how robust the truck really is. :) i'm still loving it!

the D22 has a very basic engine so it does last long. i've submerged my car half in water while driving(yeap, the engine died off due to hydro lock and water was in till near the arm-rest) and yet the engine is still the same one i'm driving today. it just needs regular maintainence. about sludge and all that, i'm not concern about it yet cause my car is still under TC's warrenty, would need to worry starting next year la tho. :)

time to search for that rear bumper with tire carrier and jerry can holder. =P

oh oh, btw, i'm still running the standard shocks which was given by the car and the amount of off-road driving it had taken... it's still alive... Hehehehe... so i guess that stock shocks aren't that bad either... and i'm running 31" MT tires from silverstone(275/70R16). :)

Known Member
Sep 5, 2008
Hi,need some help from sifu here.my frontier when engage 4H or 4L,d front wheel doesnt move.n some sound come from front left wheel,it like something loose.izit d driveshaft gear loose,cant 'makan' d hub?if is driveshaft problem,wat is d market price for tis?
Thanks bro

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hey, sorry for the very late reply to your question. hehe, never checked this page for quite some time.

it sounds like your auto-hubs are kinda screwed. please do test your 4x4 on loose surface to avoid spoiling your transfer case box. =)

usually on a auto-hub, you can shift into 4 wheel drive just by shifting the lever, the hubs will lock automatically when it's engaged. but please do remember to drive in the opposite direction once you want to change back into 2wd mode after using the the 4wd mode.

for example, you've been driving forwards in 4wd high range, when you want to swap back to 2wd, please stop the car, shift to 2wd then drive in opposite direction of your last movement(reverse in this case) for about few feet or about 3m or so to unlock the auto-hubs, the 4wd light will switch off once the hub is unlock. =)

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
any member here know where to get buy Nissan Navara front side fender > Driver side.... please email me if know [email protected]

PLEASE EXCLUDED TCEAS.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, need opinion on this tyre... is it good? currently using brigdgestone potenza GIII 195/50/15.... How much is it?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience