Altezza FAQ

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Greytezza, i remember that adian did mention about emanage ultimate that better compared to his Vpro in term of user friendly.....and for EManage ultimate our ecu will not reset it back as the blue emanage, thanks to it ablility to loop the o2 sensor.......your opinion.
My opinion is that unless you are a professional tuner and knows what you are doing, I wouldn't advise you to D.I.Y when it comes to tweaking the ECU.
Yes..tuning of the HKS VPro ECU can only be done by a handful of authorized tuners but the functions and options available on the V Pro would outweigh the setback. The V Pro is proven but it is really expensive but will be a good initial investment if you are into serious power modding.
I have been using the PowerFC since I started seeking for more torque and HP for my car and it have not fail me yet. I would have gone with the V-Pro but my budget did not allowed me.

I know that the blue emanage is not suitable for our car, but as far as the Ultimate I have not heard of anything good or bad about it just that the price does not justify the functions and options it provides.You will need to talk to a tuner for more advise on that as I do not know much about it.

The PowerFc would also allow you to "shut out" the O2 sensor which I am doing on my car and I can also switch it back on again for recalibration of my idling with the handheld power commander.

I would suggest you to compare all the available functions the ecu offers against the price and then make your own judgement. At the end of the day, it will be the final decision and preference of the buyer to choose what he feel comfortable with....and the end results he is seeking IMHO.

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
is the D2 durable? any problem until now?

what is your comment in term of handling

i also install all set of ultra racing bar except tower bar. set the D2 to front and rear also 18.
still feel not very stable when cornering. i thinking maybe is becos of tyre(using normal tyre).
wht is ur setting?

yeap, so far so good....just service it once after 2 years. about the setting sorry i cannot remember...but the handling is good ......set it up at one absorber workshop at taman equine.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

My opinion is that unless you are a professional tuner and knows what you are doing, I wouldn't advise you to D.I.Y when it comes to tweaking the ECU.
Yes..tuning of the HKS VPro ECU can only be done by a handful of authorized tuners but the functions and options available on the V Pro would outweigh the setback. The V Pro is proven but it is really expensive but will be a good initial investment if you are into serious power modding.
I have been using the PowerFC since I started seeking for more torque and HP for my car and it have not fail me yet. I would have gone with the V-Pro but my budget did not allowed me.

I know that the blue emanage is not suitable for our car, but as far as the Ultimate I have not heard of anything good or bad about it just that the price does not justify the functions and options it provides.You will need to talk to a tuner for more advise on that as I do not know much about it.

The PowerFc would also allow you to "shut out" the O2 sensor which I am doing on my car and I can also switch it back on again for recalibration of my idling with the handheld power commander.

I would suggest you to compare all the available functions the ecu offers against the price and then make your own judgement. At the end of the day, it will be the final decision and preference of the buyer to choose what he feel comfortable with....and the end results he is seeking IMHO.

superb opinion:adore:....thanks bro!!

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
yeap, so far so good....just service it once after 2 years. about the setting sorry i cannot remember...but the handling is good ......set it up at one absorber workshop at taman equine.

so that is regular service? suspension need service one? how much it cost?

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro, the service depends on the condition of your shock...closely related to it performance, for mine i did replaced the o ring, bushing and did some smoothing on the shaft...and walla....as good as new.:biggrin:

it cost me around 1k for all 4 shock..

Last edited:

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
bro, the service depends on the condition of your shock...closely related to it performance, for mine i did replaced the o ring, bushing and did some smoothing on the shaft...and walla....as good as new.:biggrin:

it cost me around 1k for all 4 shock..
Thanks for your information, bro.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
hulkv6tt,
D2 has a few category of suspension,
"STREET", "0-400 Drag", "DRIFT", "SUPER RACING", "TRACK RACING"...etc
which model/category of the D2 suspension u using??

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Wfhan,

if i'am not mistaken mine fall under street & style....ride height adjustment, pillow ball and 36 point of damping adjustment (soft/firm).....lost my D2 allen key adjuster so need to modify normal allen key to cater for it...kehkeh

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
if i'am not mistaken mine fall under street & style....ride height adjustment, pillow ball and 36 point of damping adjustment (soft/firm).....lost my D2 allen key adjuster so need to modify normal allen key to cater for it...kehkeh
hulkv6tt...how is the ride handling and comfort level for the D2??

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Greytezza,

for me in the the scale of 1 to 10, if compared with tein (model b4 ss)

Handling D2: 7 Tein : 7
Comfort D2:8 Tein: 4
Durability D2:7 Tein: 6
Price of parts D2:7 Tein:7

hope this help...my 2 cent.kehkeh

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
hi to all altezza sifu out there,i need answer asap...previously i was choosing celica n altezza and then finnally i wish to settle wit altezza,2day i went and test drive an altezza which is auto,then i feel the car is kind of...no power....the rest of it i really like the car..

then i come back tell my fren...when i told him no power he ask me izit sure its rs200? bcoz mraket alot 4speed auto 160hp...i say duno bcoz i feel like no power....
when i pop up the hood it is clear n loud black top BEAMS....so is it 200hp?

http://www.mudah.my/Toyota+ALTEZZA+2+0+TOTALLY+HIGH+SPEC-7612607.htm

i need answer to clear my dilemma else i would juz rather settle wit other car....bcoz i think my moms camry has better power if the unit i tested is 200hp...lol

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
if the car that u tested is as in the link, then it is beams 200hp, 5speed AT.

need to push to 5k rpm n above to feel the power. am i right?:smokin:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
To clear some of your doubts.. It is 210HP ON ENGINE.. don't forget you lose some more when you calculate it on wheel. On wheel you'll only get about the range of 140~160bhp. It might be your expectation as well when you hear about the 210HP.

Also, this is quite a revvy engine, you'll need to rev it to feel the the power of the BEAMS engine, other than that below the rpm of 3k it's more for a comfortable drive.

Don't forget about the wear and tear of the engine parts too.. it's a fairly old car, so service and maintanence might be needed to get the car running back up in tip top condition. You will feel some difference after some minor changes, etc. air filter, exhaust. The BEAMS engine always has 5 gears all along.. Did you try the tip tronic?

My 2 cents. A Celica is a 4-speed auto. You might wanna rethink. Except you're going for the older generations.. which i think it's better than the current one.

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
anybody here ever did a torque converter upgrade on their AT tezza? torque converter upgrade seems like another good option for AT user. but didnt found any review on this on the net.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I have a bit of a problem. I plan to get a bike and start riding. I'm interested in getting the KTM Duke 250. However, all the bike shops that I went refuse to let me to test ride. It's just a shame if I buy a bike and sell it one month later because the riding position is not suitable for me or the vibration proves to much for me to bear. One shop even said that buying a bike is not the same as buying a car. You can test drive a car but cannot test ride a bike. Is this true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience