Advice on getting a wrx

soff

Nov 13, 2005
Dear sifus,
Thinking of getting a wrx sti v8 but need some guidance to decide if it can be used as my daily ride:
1) can it take Ron95
2) how's the maintenance cost and availability of spare parts
4) is it trouble free generally?
5) how's the consumption

Thanks in advance and would appreciate any reference to any good units from the club members.

Chris

1) can it take Ron95
Yes but Ned some tuning

2) how's the maintenance cost and availability of spare parts
What car u r driving now? So u can compare d cost

4) is it trouble free generally?
Nothing much troubles

5) how's the consumption

Consumption is ok for sure in stock ride

HKS-GT2835R

Apr 25, 2004
kelate
can you guys do a sticky on this (just like in the skyline section)?
i wanna know too.

wfhan

It'd be great if some scooby-enthusiasts list out the common issues faced during the ownership ? it'd be a good if we can know what we should focus on if we get a used unit, and prepare for it. :)

HKS-GT2835R

Apr 25, 2004
kelate
It'd be great if some scooby-enthusiasts list out the common issues faced during the ownership ? it'd be a good if we can know what we should focus on if we get a used unit, and prepare for it. :)
yeah.

ah y'know...what to do, how much (rm) to expect, where to go (good non-ripping pomen/shop)

infinity_error

Dec 21, 2007
Its reduced ur headeche if u consider to gettin sti cmprd to wrx..u cn feel da diff..maintenance wise, almost same like wrx..

intrigue83

From Facebook
Sep 15, 2011
I'm thinking of getting a v9 STI

But i have a few concern,

1. Does it take RON95 in stock form? Or needed some tuning before it runs on 95?
2. What is the typical FC for a full tank (50L?)? I'll be using it in 100% town driving (stop and go within 5km radius) unless i'm going outstation.
3. Is the maintenance like normal car enthusiast NA car? Engine oil, gearbox oil, etc. Able to sustain a 10K km service interval?
4. Any spec sheet for this car? I tried googling around but can't find anything. V9 STI, V9 WRX STI? < Same spec?

turbololoy

Dec 11, 2011
I just want to share my experience with my current WRX STI Version 8.

1. Does it take RON95 in stock form? Or needed some tuning before it runs on 95? - Can run Ron 95, @ US they only use Ron 93! 2. What is the typical FC for a full tank (50L?)? I'll be using it in 100% town driving (stop and go within 5km radius) unless i'm going outstation. - Around 375Km for town driving 3. Is the maintenance like normal car enthusiast NA car? Engine oil, gearbox oil, etc. Able to sustain a 10K km service interval? - SAME
4. Any spec sheet for this car? I tried googling around but can't find anything. V9 STI, V9 WRX STI? < Same spec? - No, STI turbo is a bit bigger, transmission + suspension + chasis rigidity is better at STI model. Go for STI!

NAZA Quest Sdn Bhd (Under the NAZA Group of Companies) is the official distributor for Chevrolet vehicles in Malaysia and is organising a pre-registered Chevrolet Captiva get-together session mainly for the sole purpose of offering them up for a bargain!

<!--more-->Naza Quest has indicated...