AAM competition License

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by piece@Sep 22 2004, 14:23
Champion, you better get your license quickly. Anyway the tickets you wanted for the drag clash are now available online @ www.asianmotorsportsfestival.com . Book quickly really limited tickets available as we intend to keep paddock less populated.I will be seeing you tomight at the TT? Also I have got your name down for the Ocotober end Autocross round 2, go for the double crown ! Wow imagine, Autokhana and autocross champion. Julian go for it!
Tentatively, I will go for Autocross Round 2 if my schedule allows during that time.

If I go, I will definitely give it my very best shot even though being a champion in autocross is almost impossible for me. Autocross is a totally different game than autokhana. I hope to enhance further on my suspension & traction in time for the event in order to stay competitive.

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
when you guys say expires in dec, u mean the special price expires in dec right? license valid for 1 year from date it's issued?

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Medical check up for renewal is RM40 only. And club membership for renewal in the next year is also reduced. The rates for 70 and 80 for the medical and club membership respectively is for 1 year. When u renew in the 2nd year, the cost is less. But for the AAM license i'm not sure whether it will reduce further coz it's already reduced from originally 250.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Can someone provide the links for certified AAM clubs? Btw, is there any rest or driving lessons that I need to take for this license?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
funnily enough in this side of the world for FiA sanctioned license,

no need driving skills..
just get the paperwork done and you're ready :)

Call AAM 2162-5777 and ask for Motorsports Division.

ALL the info is thru there.

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by Danny@Sep 22 2004, 20:30
Can someone provide the links for certified AAM clubs? Btw, is there any rest or driving lessons that I need to take for this license?
One of the clubs that i can recommend is; Malaysian Motorsports Club (MMC). 80 per year, for 1st year. Subsequent year is less, not sure how much. Located in SS2, Cheow Yang. It's in the middle of the row, same row as the thai restaurant (Dusit Thai i think), on the 1st floor. They only open from 9am-12pm. So go early to avoid disappointment.

Other than that, it's kelab kart selangor (KKS), but they're a bit pricey (150)

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
if i pay theclub membership,it means that i'm already a member,but when can i get to drive on track?
competitively,or juz for fun?
coz if everyone join a particular club,how can 20ppl drive one track car?

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
You can also consider Advance Motorsports Club (AMC). They will be having kart racing too and also organise advanced driving courses. I was planning to join them but the kart race was postponed so I am saving the $$$ until the next race.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by simonchangwaimun@Sep 23 2004, 16:05
if i pay theclub membership,it means that i'm already a member,but when can i get to drive on track?
competitively,or juz for fun?
coz if everyone join a particular club,how can 20ppl drive one track car?
aiyo

you can drive ANYTIME and everytime on the track la
being a club member is for getting your license only, legally.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong......AAM competition licence holder can only race/participate in AAM sanctioned events only, rite? Technically, can they revoke your licence if you take part in non-AAM sanctioned event, like SSO?

But being in Malaysia, they probably just turn a blind eye.....Malaysia Boleh mah!

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by OSFlanker@Sep 23 2004, 21:29
Correct me if I am wrong......AAM competition licence holder can only race/participate in AAM sanctioned events only, rite? Technically, can they revoke your licence if you take part in non-AAM sanctioned event, like SSO?

But being in Malaysia, they probably just turn a blind eye.....Malaysia Boleh mah!
As there's always 2 sides to a coin, hmm, could there be a day when AAM will sanction the SSO? and make it another AAM sanctioned event? But I think it won't be long till aam get to the SSO series. But if they do, maybe they can come up with day pass, something like how the autokhana was run.

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
SSO need competition license oso??
stan,u were saying we can drive anytime and everytime...but kereta mana mau carik?
i mean,to have a competition license is to enter races like MSS and drag battle...
so if we dun get to participate in those stuff,then the few hundred $$$ ma useless?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which color temperature hid do u prefer?And which one is the brightness?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience