1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear All,

Just about 2 days ago, my legs were itchy and decided to rev the engine hard while stationary just to listen to its BOV sound. After a while, to my surprise, suddenly the engine transformed and the car just accelerate even crazier then before, the air intake suction noise is so soundly and car just sprints everywhere.

Until today i still can't figure out why the sudden transformation. Any one can help to clarify?

Thanks,
Ken
My reply will be some sort like bro. gunnerzz, revving the engine could have dislodge something, carbon piece stuck somewhere or cleared your injectors. You can see most mechanic when tuning, normal revs the engine......lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
He's not wrong. JZs run hot. I'd go get a low-temp thermostat though.
I already have NTCL thermostat on standby, bought but havent install yet. The next oil change will install it. Hopefully that controls the temperature better.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My reply will be some sort like bro. gunnerzz, revving the engine could have dislodge something, carbon piece stuck somewhere or cleared your injectors. You can see most mechanic when tuning, normal revs the engine......lol
Funny enough the revving was done by me, my colleagues all came out to check what was i doing as it was 745 am in the morning. They thought i am driving stock standard 318ci all this while :rofl: Gotta love the stealth look.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Funny enough the revving was done by me, my colleagues all came out to check what was i doing as it was 745 am in the morning. They thought i am driving stock standard 318ci all this while :rofl: Gotta love the stealth look.

Thanks,
Ken
Under cover is best, like my VR now look like junk......lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Just modified radiator spare tank with a customized aluminium one. Adds blink to the engine bay. Also added a 500amp battery cable from alternator all the way back to the battery in truck. This rose the car's voltage to about 13.4-5v at idle will A/C on. Is this figure good enough?

Thank,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just modified radiator spare tank with a customized aluminium one. Adds blink to the engine bay. Also added a 500amp battery cable from alternator all the way back to the battery in truck. This rose the car's voltage to about 13.4-5v at idle will A/C on. Is this figure good enough?

Thank,
Ken
That sounds like the more normal voltage (13.4 - 14.4V) on idle. Did you uprate the fan?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Thank,
Ken
yup normal, as long voltage maintain. I get this figure too with battery relocated to trunk.
Remember to put fuse ehh...lol

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
yup normal, as long voltage maintain. I get this figure too with battery relocated to trunk.
Remember to put fuse ehh...lol
Nice , the next thing my mech suggested is to uprate the negative battery terminal, as far as i did, i only uprated the positive one and leave the negative terminal stock. Will it be better to change that as well or just leave it be ?

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nice , the next thing my mech suggested is to uprate the negative battery terminal, as far as i did, i only uprated the positive one and leave the negative terminal stock. Will it be better to change that as well or just leave it be ?

Thanks,
Ken
Might as well change it. The negative is grounded to the car chassis right?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Thanks,
Ken
Use the same 500Amp cable (if u have balance) for negative too. Just connect to any chassis bolts around trunk.
Like sifu's mentioned.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Use the same 500Amp cable (if u have balance) for negative too. Just connect to any chassis bolts around trunk.
Like sifu's mentioned.
Just done it today. Hope the electricity supply is constant stable now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has unveiled their new racer for 2011 - the 458 Challenge. Based on the, you guessed it, 458 Italia, the new Challenge features an updated dual-clutch F1 gearbox, an 'E-Diff' electronic differential, and an 'F1-Trac' traction control system with wet or dry weather settings. Other upgrades for the Challenge include a race suspension that come with solid aluminum bushings, stiffer springs, and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience