need help for engine mods in a 4g13p proton saga engine

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
4g13p carb, if wana convert to efi, how? any pros and cons?
Uhh at the moment I can think of a few things...

The stock EFi manifold, injectors, ecu harness, ecu itself uhh, what else ar?... I cant think of anything else. Those are the cons since you need to buy them.

Pro's? Just stable idling, no need to keep tuning the carbs haha :rofl:

Powerwise i dont know whats the diff though :smokin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I really realyl dont know that, I doubt it will give you a LOT of gains though...

Last time those race cars that ran carbs only, they can crank out damn lot of power also. Like my nissan, its carb'd but I still can run with efi protons and stuff haha :burnout:. Stock carby too.

I'm not saving for twin weber's haha! I love the sound of carb thats why im not planning to swap engine or convert to EFi... plus with carbs theres no headache in buying any extra ecu's to tune or whatever.

But you have to keep tuning it to keep it singing happily.

So its really up to you dude, old school responsive power vs reliable tuning power :driver:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
Uhh at the moment I can think of a few things...

The stock EFi manifold, injectors, ecu harness, ecu itself uhh, what else ar?... I cant think of anything else. Those are the cons since you need to buy them.

Pro's? Just stable idling, no need to keep tuning the carbs haha :rofl:

Powerwise i dont know whats the diff though :smokin:
i think i better stayed with carbs.. mayb get a new efi cars later.. if got buget.. ahahahaaa..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Yeah but carbs the otai tuning all starting to become rare in Msia... I want to be able to experience this before its gone one day...

Haha yalah, if youre going EFi might as well spend on the best you can get right? 4g91 or something :driver:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
Yeah but carbs the otai tuning all starting to become rare in Msia... I want to be able to experience this before its gone one day...

Haha yalah, if youre going EFi might as well spend on the best you can get right? 4g91 or something :driver:
i also try to tune my carb my own self.. but dunno cun or not.. but i drive oke.. hhehehee..
but need to learn more from sifus.. ehehee..

mayb going for honda if wana take efi.. kinda like the vtec sound.. eheheeeee..

btw, bro, where r u from?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Ooh nice, I dont know how to dune my own carbs sadly... weber man :love:. Must try.

Haha you're an N/A fan huh? Everybody loves Vtecs. I love the EG6 :burnout:

P.J, youre from Kuching im guessing?

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
Ooh nice, I dont know how to dune my own carbs sadly... weber man :love:. Must try.

Haha you're an N/A fan huh? Everybody loves Vtecs. I love the EG6 :burnout:

P.J, youre from Kuching im guessing?
ya, tuning a weber is quite hard.. especially when its twin.. haha.. sifu did mention on how to tune traditionally and modernly.. but, still wondering how.. ahahaa..

are u using weber bro? btw, ya im from kuching.. pj is petaling jaya isit?/ coz here in kuching pj is petra jaya.. sumtimes confuse.. ahahaa..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
ya, tuning a weber is quite hard.. especially when its twin.. haha.. sifu did mention on how to tune traditionally and modernly.. but, still wondering how.. ahahaa..

are u using weber bro? btw, ya im from kuching.. pj is petaling jaya isit?/ coz here in kuching pj is petra jaya.. sumtimes confuse.. ahahaa..
That is my dream, to have twin weber's on my lowly nissan ahahaha :biggrin:. Not a lot of people mod this cause lack of parts + carb. So far going so good though.

Hmm nope. Original 1. Yeah petaling jaya... what car do you have again? :hmmmm:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
That is my dream, to have twin weber's on my lowly nissan ahahaha :biggrin:. Not a lot of people mod this cause lack of parts + carb. So far going so good though.

Hmm nope. Original 1. Yeah petaling jaya... what car do you have again? :hmmmm:
im using iswara lmss.. with a 32/36 weber.. small one.. but oke.. eheheee.. think to upgrade to a bigger one, but weber is hard to find here.. mayb later try to hang out in semenanjung n look for one.. eheheee..

any mode on your ride?/ mind to share.. who knows, got idea n improve my car..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
im using iswara lmss.. with a 32/36 weber.. small one.. but oke.. eheheee.. think to upgrade to a bigger one, but weber is hard to find here.. mayb later try to hang out in semenanjung n look for one.. eheheee..

any mode on your ride?/ mind to share.. who knows, got idea n improve my car..
Hmm hows the pickup with that compare to original carb? Im thinking of getting that for a small upgrade haha :biggrin:

Got... uhh exhaust system only at the moment with pivot raizin. I preffer handling :driver:

So now my car is left at TiTan to go finish customing the coilovers... Very boring lah my car :burnout:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
Hmm hows the pickup with that compare to original carb? Im thinking of getting that for a small upgrade haha :biggrin:

Got... uhh exhaust system only at the moment with pivot raizin. I preffer handling :driver:

So now my car is left at TiTan to go finish customing the coilovers... Very boring lah my car :burnout:
pickup? not bad.. play wif my fren, win the pickup.. eheheee..

exhaust? how do u mode your exhaust?/ u use branded types or just upgrade the size n extractor?

btw, wat do u mean as handling?/ is it like spring and abs, bars etc?

sorry, i heard bout coilover, but i dont remember wats its for.. ahaha.. still learning on cars.. ehehehehe..

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
pickup? not bad.. play wif my fren, win the pickup.. eheheee..

exhaust? how do u mode your exhaust?/ u use branded types or just upgrade the size n extractor?

btw, wat do u mean as handling?/ is it like spring and abs, bars etc?

sorry, i heard bout coilover, but i dont remember wats its for.. ahaha.. still learning on cars.. ehehehehe..
exhaust setup is based on your engine setup as well like determining how big the exhaust flow to use( on the exhaust piping )
handling wise mostly on bars and absorbers and yes coilover is adjustable absorbers where it is very great mod

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thinking of the extreme here, but which mechanic(s) in the Klang Valley area would be recommended / highly recommended to consult when it comes to performing engine upgrades?

Which mechanic does the ZTH regulars approach when they have the $$ to change their car's engine?

Would like to upgrade my 1.6 auto to a 1.8 auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience