need help for engine mods in a 4g13p proton saga engine

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
14" inch will be perfect. 15" still ok if u use 50series sport tyres but its not going to be comfortable.

i will recommend 14", coz saga so light doesnt need 15"
Hi there! care to clarify why the lighter a car is the smaller rims it requires?

4g15p, depends on location i think.. alang2, get 4g91.. 1.5 cc too.. i heard this type is powerfull..
Known several forummers who upgraded from a 4g15 to a 4g91, but the power difference vs. cost made it not worth it

what brand hi-cam is better? The adj cam-pulley, use with hi-cam?
used pipercam and matspeed, although more expensive, the matspeed 272 degree cam gave a much fatter powerband, u get a stronger kick in the midrange

pipercam is cheaper, but power gain is not as much, and is more linear, so u dont feel it as much

yeah use adj. pulley with these cams

For more info, do checkout the 4g13/15 modification thread, most of these questions have been answered there

Cheers!

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
Hi there! care to clarify why the lighter a car is the smaller rims it requires?

Known several forummers who upgraded from a 4g15 to a 4g91, but the power difference vs. cost made it not worth it

used pipercam and matspeed, although more expensive, the matspeed 272 degree cam gave a much fatter powerband, u get a stronger kick in the midrange

pipercam is cheaper, but power gain is not as much, and is more linear, so u dont feel it as much

yeah use adj. pulley with these cams

For more info, do checkout the 4g13/15 modification thread, most of these questions have been answered there

Cheers!
wat bout jasma?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
a reputable forummer did a dyno test, there were real gains of about 5-6whp if im not mistaken, and this is a direct drop-in, he hasn't even fine-tuned the cam settings with an adjustable cam pulley, or adjusted the carburettor / ignition timing

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
a reputable forummer did a dyno test, there were real gains of about 5-6whp if im not mistaken, and this is a direct drop-in, he hasn't even fine-tuned the cam settings with an adjustable cam pulley, or adjusted the carburettor / ignition timing
oraite.. tq bro.. thnk wana install it later.. yeahh..

shadow2027

Aug 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so between jasma, pipercam, n matspeed...jasma better is it? :embarassed:

if know can put up the prices including installation? ^_^

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
erm ive only tried matspeed and pipercam, the older batch of pipercams, im not sure about the new ones

but sure as heck the matspeed 272 ones are worth it for me

jasma, rm4xx
pipercam, rm5xx to 6xx
matspeed / powerzone, rm12xx to 13xx including swapping ur original cams with them

installation costs not included, will vary from shop to shop, not sure what prices are like at semenanjung

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
erm ive only tried matspeed and pipercam, the older batch of pipercams, im not sure about the new ones

but sure as heck the matspeed 272 ones are worth it for me

jasma, rm4xx
pipercam, rm5xx to 6xx
matspeed / powerzone, rm12xx to 13xx including swapping ur original cams with them

installation costs not included, will vary from shop to shop, not sure what prices are like at semenanjung
any shop in kuching selling matspeed? any1 know?
btw, let say adj cam used matspeed, cam used other brand.. good or not with the engine?
any suggested idea on this parts?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
friend, most of the things that can be done / installed to the 4g1x engine, u have to source them from semenanjung, if people here say they can get it for you, they also get it from semenanjung, but at marked up prices

adj. campulley, u can get any brand to work with any cam (as far as i noe, this is true for 4g13/15 applications)

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
friend, most of the things that can be done / installed to the 4g1x engine, u have to source them from semenanjung, if people here say they can get it for you, they also get it from semenanjung, but at marked up prices

adj. campulley, u can get any brand to work with any cam (as far as i noe, this is true for 4g13/15 applications)
yea, semenanjung many items can be found.. here, even weber is rare or i dont got many contacts.. ahahaa.. later planning to go to semenanjung, and ask help from u guys.. heheeee..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
im from kuching also LAH :P

all you need to do is just look through all the information in the various local forums, you will build your contacts from there and it will be easier from then on, that's what i did

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
im from kuching also LAH :P

all you need to do is just look through all the information in the various local forums, you will build your contacts from there and it will be easier from then on, that's what i did
haha.. same wif me..
ya, tried to seek contacts from forum, but sumtimes feel unsecure as i saw my friend was scammed by sum1 called, i dont remember..
wat car do u drive bro?/ always play at tambak there is it? ahahah..

shadow2027

Aug 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm thinking of putting hi-cam + adj cam pulley to my 4g13p saga or should i change it to 4g15p engine? Which is more worth :hmmmm:

if swap engine, i still use 4g13 gearbox(manual), is it ok? :biggrin:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
i'm thinking of putting hi-cam + adj cam pulley to my 4g13p saga or should i change it to 4g15p engine? Which is more worth :hmmmm:

for me, if u just wana play2 n enjoy wif ur car, mayb u can upgrade the 4g13.. but if u wana play2 n race with others, u can swap your engine with a bigger ones.. eheheee..

i like to play2 with my car, so i upgrade my 4g13.. eheheeee..
;P

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

Just remember, modifying your car is up to what you expect...

If youre expecting a big power boost, the 4g13 is really not a place to start, but if youre modding your car just to SS and have fun you wont feel rugi in modding it :biggrin:. Faster isnt always better :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It hasn’t been that long really but the engineers at Nissan already have a round of improvements in store for next year’s 370Z as well as for the Nismo version.

However, the changes are limited to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience