Jul 22, 2007
Get Dimensions
Width = 9.2
Height = 4.8

Switch
height - 1.9
width - 1.4

Get Materials.
Preferably Aluminium Sheet 0.7 mm or less. . Plexiglass might crack while cutting(Unless you have sum advanced Laser cutting machine.:p) If you're from Seremban, You can get this from Tukang besi..corner shop same row with Dunlop Tyre Shop in Temiang.. Right in front of the Traffic Light
Switches

Prepare Tools
Hacksaw,
Thin Blade U-Saw (Nt sure what's the exact name but u guys might have used it in Kemahiran Hidup classes..
Screwdriver
File
If you have a better way to cut. do suggest, :D

Start by cutting off the middle portion of the Switch Console

Design Using your Preferred Design Tool (This is important for tracing)
eg; Photoshop,CAD

Print a copy of your Designed Image and cut it according (with holes for switches)

Place Printed copy of Designed image onto aluminium sheet and start tracing
Use a pencil for marking

Start Cutting according to your tracing

Now, the tricky part. If you have a jigsaw it would be easier to do this.Else,manual way it is

I used a sharp flat screwdriver to make a hole then slide in the thin blade,tighten and saw it.
This method is quite troublesome but there could be a better method.. DIY yo! Be innovative and have a lot of patience

Aluminium Sheet After all the Cutting

File the Extra Imperfections..

Spray one side of your aluminium sheet. I used Flat Black (For a neater work) . You may Spray Both sides but might have problem when you decide to change your switch design later

Work on fitting the aluminium sheet onto your "Switch Console" (I'm sure there's a better name for this.correct me)

I used 502 glue to stick the aluminium sheet onto the "Switch Console" (My local hardware shop guy recommended this to me. It's even better than/ = super glue BUT does not dry up)

Stick your printed copy of your designed image onto aluminium sheet.

Fit in the switches onto you switch console

Tada... Now that's Simple

Attached .psd file for you guys to come up with better designs
View attachment 253764

:D

Last edited:

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
yo bro...that's sweet man.. wat car btw?

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
like the blue lit display on it man...btw, what are those switches powering bro..? power from ciggie socket or ?..

currently next DIY is to redo the wiring.. Acc Shops have tendency of half past six wiring.. I'm wondering whether to get from ciggie of straight from battery.. i prefer the latter though but wit fuse la.. nanti hancur pulakk. how ar.. a lil confused here.. hmm

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
can use for player (on off using the switch, no need to press button at player), use for on off spotlight, cut off switch for Engine Start button, for underbody neon light etc....

that blue lit is voltmeter.

power? depend what function u use the swith for.

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hey bro.. cool stuff...
btw, where did u buy the blue volt meter? been looking for a blue one

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
bought fm my fren long time ago.. i think he DIYed that voltmeter frm digital battery clamp.

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
mind if i ask....wat the purpose of the 5 blue switch?:confused:

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
hehhe.. currently i'm only use 3 switch. 1 for on/off foglamp, 1 for on/off ccfl ring (headlamp) and 1 for on/off player (no need to push the OFF button on player).

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

mind if i ask....wat the purpose of the 5 blue switch?:confused:
secret weapon maybe.. who knows :listen:

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
no secret weapon all..

currently .. cut off switch.. warning light.. projector fog lights..ciggie socket power cut off, and one spare for future lighting purposes... :D

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
yea.. i like ur ideas man.. very useful... virus-c, i used d same place to wire my switches too.. two rather large toggle switch and one puch button for my starter button.. sadly doesnt work anymore.. need to change the button and wire a relay to it..
wonder if i can still find such a blue volt meter

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
yea.. i like ur ideas man.. very useful... virus-c, i used d same place to wire my switches too.. two rather large toggle switch and one puch button for my starter button.. sadly doesnt work anymore.. need to change the button and wire a relay to it..
wonder if i can still find such a blue volt meter
Hmmm.. Thanks man.. Mind if i ask how much each toggle switch cost you? Blue volt meter should be possible if someone could program an IC... :D or .. just find an aftermarket one.. should ask idnawse. maybe he got a few extras lying around .. :biggrin:

Vyraz11

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hey virus-c...
the toggle button i think i bought for less than 3 bux each.. its huge....

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
:biggrin: buy the red voltmeter (cheaper one) after that change the blue display (electronic shop)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Computer-generated image of the RWD Coupe.

Don't dismiss Hyundai as "just another Korean car maker", the Korean company is rolling out its new RWD BH-platform on which the new Coupe will be based on. The model name for the Coupe is not confirmed yet but it is rumored that it will be called the Tiburon.

Just look at those...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience