How to install FICD on DCNF40 4G15.....

Bashin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Hi to all sifu..... did any one know how to connect the hose if want fix FICD on 4G15 (DCNF40) engine....? I got the digram for FICD on EFI engine but not Carbie.... any sifu here can help to explain....? thanks

FICD on EFI digram....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
F is connected to ur carbie idle load compensator... something that looks like a round diaphagram which actuates the screw (which u adjust it to tune ur engine rpm) when the vacuum air sucks the diaphagram... so, first u must fabricate that idle load compensator to work with ur DCNF carb in order for u to use the FICD...

as for I, it is connected to ur intake manifold...

as for the wiring... follow the diagram that u have found loh...

AmuroRay

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2006
Emm..... maybe later i take a photo n show u...... need 2 hose and 1 T join only.....

AmuroRay

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2006
boss, where photo??...
Okay..... mine is fix by Ramly,since i fix FICD the idle is stable even with AC kick in.... suction power (vacuum) is adjustable.For me,I adjust to suck more air untill when AC kick in the idle even a little bit higher than no AC kick in(can adjust untill same level).....purpose to do so is when switch on headlamp at night the idle is 'super smooth' ......:proud:
I'm not pro on this but anyone want to fix FICD on 4G15/4G13 carb can refer this....

(a) I connection just refer to picture 1 (using T-join)

(b) F just use hose to connect to some where can suck in cool & clean air....or add a small air filter also can....

(c) Wiring just follow the diagram..... hope this info could help...... thanks

Picture 1

Picture 2

AmuroRay

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2006
that hose looks like connects to the intake manifold below the carburetor.... where is the T-join anyway??...
refer picture 1,my finger already point on T-join.....u can't see bcos the hose already cover the metal part.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
refer picture 1,my finger already point on T-join.....u can't see bcos the hose already cover the metal part.....
ooo... but that hose if not mistaken, connects to the intake manifold... how does that controls the engine rpm??... by letting air bypass straight into intake manifold, it will cause lean a/f mixture.... how that gonna increase engine rpm??...

AmuroRay

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2006
ooo... but that hose if not mistaken, connects to the intake manifold... how does that controls the engine rpm??... by letting air bypass straight into intake manifold, it will cause lean a/f mixture.... how that gonna increase engine rpm??...
yes......is connect to the intake below carb..... FICD will only function (suck air) when AC are kick in.So let say ur idle is 1000rpm without AC kick in,when kick in will drop to 7~800rpm,if with FICD,it will automatic function according to AC kick in timing....there is a screw on FICD so u can adjust the suction level to increase ur engine rpm untill the level u want.....

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes......is connect to the intake below carb..... FICD will only function (suck air) when AC are kick in.So let say ur idle is 1000rpm without AC kick in,when kick in will drop to 7~800rpm,if with FICD,it will automatic function according to AC kick in timing....there is a screw on FICD so u can adjust the suction level to increase ur engine rpm untill the level u want.....
ooo... means by sucking air out from the intake manifold can increase rpm arr??... didnt know that... means it will work for all carburetors??... not only dcnf rite??... mine is dgv, having FICD problem as well... aih....

thanks anyway...

this sifoo walker ahh, manyak tanya one :biggrin:
u dun teach me.... i ask one by one lor...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hihihi,

Anyone knows where to make oil cooler lines?
Or at least where to clamp those fittings?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience