A regular forumer from lowyat.net got bashed in editorial note in hypertune by Mark

manusia

"The 8055"

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona
lowyat.net

it seems that hypertune sales has increased due to this and i havent get any royalties from them. :biggrin:

Last edited:

prodigy

2,000 RPM

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Re: A regular forumer from lowyat.net got bashed in editorial note in hypertune by Ma

I think its better if you could provide a link or paste the editorial note by Mark so that all the guys here knows whats going on.

manusia

"The 8055"

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona
Re: A regular forumer from lowyat.net got bashed in editorial note in hypertune by Ma

sorry dude,theres no link for it, its in the mag itself,it says:

'' I've come under fire for my writing style in the past from a certain local online community which shall remain unnamed, but I only have one thing to say to a certain travis_ckf:

Die In A Fire. Who's the b*tch now? ''

how professional is this?, i mean, he's writing IN THE EDITORIAL Main page.

issue 72.

prodigy

2,000 RPM

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003

Wow...but i'm curious what did travisckf comment about his writing style. Are the comments available in this forum itself?

Sorry man, i don't really go thru each and every forum thread over here.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

unprofessional imo.

nitrus

2,000 RPM

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005

So the story is this Mark posted to Hypertune magazine, speaking his dissatisfaction about travis_ckf from lowyat?

LOL !

Necessary ke?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com

if he can't accept criticism from other's,he's not suited to be the editor
of the mag.my 2 cent.

amalmuahahax

Known Member

amalmuahahax

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006

hmm as for me.. i need to see the whole story first before commenting.. lol

Elmo_X

Known Member

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006

well im still blur about the FULL story of wats going on but isnt Mark a journalist ???

satria_95

6,000 RPM

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia

Which issue of hypertune is it? I would like to read it personally myself. Mark is the journalist for HyperTune mag. In all case, like amal, I'd like to know the whole story before commenting. Fair ma. haha who knows, maybe the travis is a trouble maker or on the other hand, it could be mark who just can't control his emotions.

And I think this should be in general talk as it doesn't relate to cars but to one or two particular humans. hehe

travis_ckf

travis_ckf

Jul 5, 2004
Subang Jaya/PD
Visit site

Hi everyone. Its been a while i didnt post here. I used to be a member of zth a few years back but lately i am active in the lowyat forums. Its has been my hang out spot ever since, esp the fast & furious section and photography. :)

Yes, my name was bashed by Mark and it is a surprise to me as well. Let me tell u guys the fullstory here.

There a thread in the fast & furious section (the car section in lowyat forums) which is a discussion topic on hypertune. Well i do bought that mag a few times but i found out the writting is , pretty bad. Well for the record i usually got my motoring news/reviews from paultan.org, autocar asean, top gear, fifth gear and of coz, Jeremy Clarkson's weekly articles and his show.

Mark writting is ridiculous at times as he wrote alot of unnecessery stories on his car articles. So a couple of months ago, i do post a reply on that hypertune thread saying Mark should be shot to death due to his terrible writting. Common, its just a public forum, u might see even worse stuffs in autoworld forum.

I do made a num of negative comments on hypertune in the lowyat thread, saying the mag is nothing but a babe watch/FHM wannable rather than showing good modifed cars, (although personally i felt hypertune is much better compared to local car mofiduing mags here). I also commented that the pricing is ridiculous and there too many advertorial.

Not to mention, the bad writting, esp from this writter Mark (esp a older issues, check the toyota yaris turbo article for reference, that all i can think off). There are a num of ppl agree with me on this/

But somehow, from his shocking but inmature writiing in the recent issue of hypertune has clearly shown how childish he is and he has clearly shown his lack of profession ism as a journalist. I believe even Paul Tan has better professional values than this jerk. I wondering how can the editor can allow his articles to be printed? God......

I let u guys judge who is the fault here, but while i can simply give bad remarks on a online forum as a regular joe, this person is putting something not bad but stupid and childish action in a printed media, as a journalist.

Its like having president bush says "f*** off" to Osama in national TV, don't u guys get the drift?

You think i just keep myself quiet? Watch this space guys.

Last edited:

Elmo_X

Known Member

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006

well think back of the pricing is quit true ,my gfs magz (Rm 8 to 9)which is 3 times thicker than hypertune,

for the flaming back page its from the current latest hypertune magz, and the editor is not around and took the opportunity to flame back lolz

well he should have receive the critics and try change not try to pay back of the critic, like that he cant be accepted as a journalist "LEARN FROM CRITICS AND WRONG ONLY WILL PERFORM WELL"

manusia

"The 8055"

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona

Hi everyone. Its been a while i didnt post here. I used to be a member of zth a few years back but lately i am active in the lowyat forums. Its has been my hang out spot ever since, esp the fast & furious section and photography. :)

Yes, my name was bashed by Mark and it is a surprise to me as well. Let me tell u guys the fullstory here.

There a thread in the fast & furious section (the car section in lowyat forums) which is a discussion topic on hypertune. Well i do bought that mag a few times but i found out the writting is , pretty bad. Well for the record i usually got my motoring news/reviews from paultan.org, autocar asean, top gear, fifth gear and of coz, Jeremy Clarkson's weekly articles and his show.

Mark writting is ridiculous at times as he wrote alot of unnecessery stories on his car articles. So a couple of months ago, i do post a reply on that hypertune thread saying Mark should be shot to death due to his terrible writting. Common, its just a public forum, u might see even worse stuffs in autoworld forum.

I do made a num of negative comments on hypertune in the lowyat thread, saying the mag is nothing but a babe watch/FHM wannable rather than showing good modifed cars, (although personally i felt hypertune is much better compared to local car mofiduing mags here). I also commented that the pricing is ridiculous and there too many advertorial.

Not to mention, the bad writting, esp from this writter Mark (esp a older issues, check the toyota yaris turbo article for reference, that all i can think off). There are a num of ppl agree with me on this/

But somehow, from his shocking but inmature writiing in the recent issue of hypertune has clearly shown how childish he is and he has clearly shown his lack of profession ism as a journalist. I believe even Paul Tan has better professional values than this jerk. I wondering how can the editor can allow his articles to be printed? God......

I let u guys judge who is the fault here, but while i can simply give bad remarks on a online forum as a regular joe, this person is putting something not bad but stupid and childish action in a printed media, as a journalist.

Its like having president bush says "f*** off" to Osama in national TV, don't u guys get the drift?

You think i just keep myself quiet? Watch this space guys.
I do agree that he likes to tell bedtime stories to us in hypertune, heck if you got bashed in an online forum you dont publish it nationwide...

just take the critics and rectify those mistakes..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Would like to share a practice work with the community on why you should never rush a paint job.

Below is a spoiler that has heavy oxidation on the clearcoat which should not have happen as the car is only 5 years old and well taken care of by the owner. Note that only the spoiler display such symptoms...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience