Tuning Hks Eids

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi all,

just asking on my current Hks Eids that i just installed two days back....

no matter how i adjust the two knobs i still can't get it right, sometimes even worse that it stalls the vehicle after blow off, i'm suspecting something's wrong with my current stock ISC / servo motor, could they be the reason? went to a workshop that day who has access to MUT computer n according to him my stepper motor isn't fully 100% good....

the prob is even during idling, when i step and release the throttle, the rpm drops to way too low below 500 almost choking the car itself, then suddenly the rpm suddenly goes back to 900 rpm constant, no matter how i tune, still can't get it right, could this be the cause of my bad servo motor???

Last edited:

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
your stepper motor kong! use my ficd taken out frm halfcut, to let go.rm80 only to let go.this thing can overirde your stepper motor.

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
wah lao, wat happened to this thread suddenly revived hehehehe....

i sold off my hks eids long time ago, coz using megasquirt hehe....

raja,

ur right my stepper motor is konked, anyway now using megasquirt n i bypass stepper motor, entirely using fuel VE table to control idling.....

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
wah lao, wat happened to this thread suddenly revived hehehehe....

i sold off my hks eids long time ago, coz using megasquirt hehe....

raja,

ur right my stepper motor is konked, anyway now using megasquirt n i bypass stepper motor, entirely using fuel VE table to control idling.....
bro,

mind to share wat is megasquirt and fuel ve table? the table izzit those fuelsaver tablet?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
bro kenny,

u can check out my thread in engine tech management section in ZTH, it's a standalone fully programmable electronic control unit which can replace the original ECU..... very powerful i would say....

sorry dude i'm referring to the fuel mapping table on the computer screen when we do tuning, not the panadol type tablet which feeds inside the car for fuel consumption purposes.....

cheers dude....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bro kenny,

u can check out my thread in engine tech management section in ZTH, it's a standalone fully programmable electronic control unit which can replace the original ECU..... very powerful i would say....

sorry dude i'm referring to the fuel mapping table on the computer screen when we do tuning, not the panadol type tablet which feeds inside the car for fuel consumption purposes.....

cheers dude....
ok mate..thanks for sharing..will check out the thread soon.

nice day:_:

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
hi all,

just asking on my current Hks Eids that i just installed two days back....

no matter how i adjust the two knobs i still can't get it right, sometimes even worse that it stalls the vehicle after blow off, i'm suspecting something's wrong with my current stock ISC / servo motor, could they be the reason? went to a workshop that day who has access to MUT computer n according to him my stepper motor isn't fully 100% good....

the prob is even during idling, when i step and release the throttle, the rpm drops to way too low below 500 almost choking the car itself, then suddenly the rpm suddenly goes back to 900 rpm constant, no matter how i tune, still can't get it right, could this be the cause of my bad servo motor???
bro kenneth..im having the exact same prob with my RB25 auto..damn its driving me crazy..was about to install the EIDS as advised by some ZTH member but it seems that i hv to put it on hold now.. changed the BOV twice of two different types,Blitz to Ssqv n now removed,no BOV..but i havent check the stepper motor or my throttle body..sori for my ignorance but whats a stepper motor anyway?can suggest me a place where i can hv it checked?..really need help here guys..thanks in advance..

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
drag addict,

installing EIDS will definitely help the stalling syndrome, in my case it's not the BOV and my new HKS SSQV dun even haf screws to adjust, it's my stepper motor... so now u've changed back the ori bypass valve (like BOV but plumbs back the air back 2 ur air intake like the original setup), if not mistaken ur setup should be using a hotwire sensor and not karman MAF so if this is the case u shouldn't be suffering stalling prob....

not sure if ur engine is running on stepper or not, it's actually a device to detect idling and compensate air to ur intake to prevent stalling, stalling happens when there's insufficient air in the intake manifold and the engine can't work properly to burn fuel coz there's no air coming (fully over-vaccuumed) but if that's the case maybe it's something wrong with ur stepper like wat Raja Emperor pointed out...

to make things simple, jus find out wat's ur setup is like and a good way which loads of turbo users use is to get a toyota FICD, it's actually a Fast Idle Valve, cheap reliable and it works.... in my case me oso using FICD using solenoid to control but it's not hooked to my megasquirt but rather connected directly for my air cond idling, and for my normal idling i'm using megasquirt mapping to control the idling, now idling is perfect off aircond 950rpm on aircond 900rpm but aircond mode idling is compensated by extra air coming from FICD...... in the future i might consider adding another 2nd FICD fast idle valve connected to the MS coz the MS can control fast idle at idling.....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience