NBTD - I'm BORED

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well done! Is that real leather and how much? Maybe after MCO you can help do for me?
Not real leather. Felt very similar to Neo CPS steering material.

I love to do it again but like i mentioned earlier i still need to work on the finishing. Its real easy actually.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I removed the old leather. It was already hard and deteriorating. Agree with u that it looks chunky but it feels the same to me.

DIY timing belt?
Nope..I did thought about it and almost bought the cam holder tool from AliExpress for less than RM300. That is until the oil seal at the engine output drive to gearbox starts to leak. The gearbox needs to be out of the car to fix this and i dont have sufficient tools + skills for this thus will send it to a workshop.
DIY oil sump gasket pun jadi lah..hahah.
Will post pic on that as i really wanted to see the oil squirter which spray oil under the piston? i read somewhere the engine has it, not sure proton version have it or not.
MCO extension pretty much expected. Can buy Engine stand and cherry picker in the meantime. :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
wah.... can I send my Wira SE steering wheel to you?... so you can practice more. hehehe...
No...No...i dont want to (scared to be exact ) to 'damage' your steering.
Wira steering should be a lot easier as it does not have tricky area like the waja steering button. I made a mistake there causing material shortage at the right spoke. Manage to get it right at the left spoke but too little glue pulak. The material they give is almost ngam2 so once you commit there is no turning back.

Trust me, its actually easy. Just need patience. I suggest getting a pair of very sharp scissor and a lighter. When you trim off excess material its best to tie back the loose thread so it does not get loose when u start to 'sulam' the material together. Use the lighter to burn the thread end. Should take less than 1/2 hr if you can handle the pain when you start to 'sulam' the joining thread as u need to pull hard.

BTW, if u want to choose the design try to avoid those with the tiny holes. These holse will collect/trap moisture mostly from our palm and accelerate wear and tear at the area.

Reactions: minibeany

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Done reinstall.
I should have put more glue at the left spoke.can see the material not sticking at the spoke.At least next time i know exactly what to do and where to do it.
BTW the gear lever is also new as old one broke at the stem. Was searching for quite some time until it pops up for sale in shopee. Its different from 1.6 as 1.8 got OD button on the lever.
View attachment 579673
What ironic is that the original leather used to wrapped the steering also have wrinkle at the same spot the new one have....left of the bottom spoke.

What next?
Timing belt change + oil seal at the engine + valve cover, then i will diy the sump gasket.
Only after all that a fresh coat of paint will complete this car.

Now gatal tangan want to do the same for my BLM steering...If MCO extend ( most probably ) then there is a high chance this will happen.
and here i thought i did a decent job

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
This is an awesome job, nicely wrapped and stitched. Can imagine the labour needed. Are you in the upholstery business?
Nope...I am a regular guy whom work for regular monthly salary.
I studied electronic, previously worked as a banker, now i am in security. At times i wonder who am I actually....
All i know is anything related to cars or bikes or anything with fossil fuel engine such as chainsaw, grass trimmer, power sprayer, etc makes me feels lively.

Reactions: minibeany and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Was bored last Friday and decided to change my daily ride front tire. It was using cheapo tire last time as the previous tire was damaged during a puncture and the shop did not have much choice.

I was considering either Maxxiss Diamond 3D or Corsa Sport rain as i have experienced both and they are great. The Maxxis provide good grip in dry and great grip in wet. Its very long lasting too.
The Corsa Sport rain provide great grip both in the wet and dry but not so long lasting.

So i removed the front rim and bring in ib my car. At the shop i ask what tire they had for 70/90 size and they feedback the 2 tires i mentioned above. I decided to go for Sport Rain and after the guy bring the tire he shared that they got one model on promo and i paused...same price as the Sport Rain but this tire model got better review (at least in dry ) compared to Sport Rain. I decided to go for the tire on promo. Here it is;
IMG_20210207_120744.jpg

Its a Pirelli. The grip is awsome, it just bite and bite. Softer compound so i hope it works well with my slightly firmer (recently serviced and purposedly made slightly firmer ) front fork.
IMG_20210207_120757.jpg

I doubt it will work as well as the Sport Rain or Diamond 3D in wet but when i can take turn in dry with super confidence, i dont mind slowing down in wet.

What next?
1.My waja oil sump gasket.
2.My grass trimmer aka mesin rumput clutch housin.

Reactions: vr2turbo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

My inspira braking system not so good...anyone have idea how to improve?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience