GR Yaris arrives Malaysia - RM299K with Performance Pack!

I've made up my mind. For RM300k i will sell my current house, buy a semi-D (its possible in Melaka), a used Merc W211 and an abandoned LO49 pajero i've set my eyes on. Now i can park all my rides/junk at one place and have space for DIY repairs OR i buy myself an AMG E55 ( there is something abt cars that does not make sense ), its old but can scare most cars on the road and tapau a 350Z while towing a trailer. I know i got a lot of change for maintenance and of course road tax....if only i have that 300k in the first place....

If...just if Proton oso decide to sell a lot tamer version of the Iriz R5, that will be a good car to compare the Yaris with.

On value, i dont see this car shoots up in price down the years..its rare but not 'hot'. Hot cars have a deep history and followers such as the evo and GTR.Its so deep that it deserve a chapter in history lesson tought in school. They are beyond reach for most but available for all meaning mass market. Some have padestrian-friendly model such at the R34/R33 GTT. This specific Yaris is beyond reach for almost all and not a mass market model. The padestrian model is too padestrian. Even if this car won multiple rally and a movie is made with the car..it just wont work.
That said, it still does not take away all the greatness this Yaris have and produce.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom and Izso

I've made up my mind. For RM300k i will sell my current house, buy a semi-D (its possible in Melaka), a used Merc W211 and an abandoned LO49 pajero i've set my eyes on. Now i can park all my rides/junk at one place and have space for DIY repairs OR i buy myself an AMG E55 ( there is something abt cars that does not make sense ), its old but can scare most cars on the road and tapau a 350Z while towing a trailer. I know i got a lot of change for maintenance and of course road tax....if only i have that 300k in the first place....

If...just if Proton oso decide to sell a lot tamer version of the Iriz R5, that will be a good car to compare the Yaris with.

On value, i dont see this car shoots up in price down the years..its rare but not 'hot'. Hot cars have a deep history and followers such as the evo and GTR.Its so deep that it deserve a chapter in history lesson tought in school. They are beyond reach for most but available for all meaning mass market. Some have padestrian-friendly model such at the R34/R33 GTT. This specific Yaris is beyond reach for almost all and not a mass market model. The padestrian model is too padestrian. Even if this car won multiple rally and a movie is made with the car..it just wont work.
That said, it still does not take away all the greatness this Yaris have and produce.
If I were to burn 300k on cars, I'd buy an Evo 9 then refurbish it to become like new, plus 2.3l stroker.

Fd2r prices is going crazy meh? I saw still cheaper than Evos. The ones really crazy prices are S2k, r32/34, Supra 2jz, and RX7.
Have you seen the price for mugen parts? the FD2RR also has gone insane.

1609035371470.png

This is all AUD btw. If you haven't noticed, there's no more newly imported FD2R in Malaysia and all those for sale as existing units only. the Ozzies are buying them all up

In other words this Yaris is not for us normal plebians. hahahahhaa

Have you seen the price for mugen parts? the FD2RR also has gone insane.

View attachment 579481

This is all AUD btw. If you haven't noticed, there's no more newly imported FD2R in Malaysia and all those for sale as existing units only. the Ozzies are buying them all up

In other words this Yaris is not for us normal plebians. hahahahhaa
Normal fd2r is still around 100-120k.

leinnz

Sep 28, 2005
hmmm maybe proton could do a rival like Iriz with X50 3 cyclinder turbo engine

Black coloured Toyota Hilux 2.8 bearing number plate QKM3626 stolen in Medan Jaya, Bintulu, Sarawak.
Pls be on the lookout n info police if spotted.
This vehicle belongs to a friend. :bawling: