Oil Filter

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
Hia !! I'm looking for a better replacement oil filter. Currently using the original oil filter from service centre and wondering if it's better to change for a better filtering capabilities.
In what aspect should i be lookin ?
Appreciate your help. Thanks

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe try Amsoil oil filter. Amsoil claims it can last until 40k km if used with Amsoil Signature series oil, or 20-25k km with other oils.

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
Maybe try Amsoil oil filter. Amsoil claims it can last until 40k km if used with Amsoil Signature series oil, or 20-25k km with other oils.
Thanks for the input. Any particular type/model of oil filter for this Amsoil brand.
I'm not looking for extending oil/filter change but into a better oil filtration for extending the life of the internal engine component.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the input. Any particular type/model of oil filter for this Amsoil brand.
I'm not looking for extending oil/filter change but into a better oil filtration for extending the life of the internal engine component.
this isn't as much the filter - it's more the oil. Use good fully synthetic oils and reasonably good filters like original manufacturer brands, K&N, Amsoil, etc.

What car are you using?

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
this isn't as much the filter - it's more the oil. Use good fully synthetic oils and reasonably good filters like original manufacturer brands, K&N, Amsoil, etc.

What car are you using?
I thought good/excellent EO and filter work hand in hand in prolonging your internal engine component.
Driving a Korean make like sonata. Recently out of warranty and looking for a better choice of oil filter. Spec for the filter as below:
Diameter - 80mm
Height - ~90mm
Thread - M20X1.5
O-Ring gasket - 58x65rnd

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Would you use for 40k km? Filter is filtering the oil and all the dirt is inside......

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

What car are you using?
My VR all the while been using Proton filter only, sometimes even made for proton filter when proton ones out of stock......lol

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
Personally no, probably try 20k km instead provided using Amsoil Signature series too.
I've look thru the Amsiol Ea oil filter, it has 99% efficiency at 20 micron, this is looks promising.
Why it needed to be pair with their Signature Series? Will it not work as well with others EO.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've look thru the Amsiol Ea oil filter, it has 99% efficiency at 20 micron, this is looks promising.
Why it needed to be pair with their Signature Series? Will it not work as well with others EO.
Pair with Signature series if want to try 40k km oil change interval. If other oils they cannot last 40 k km obviously, not just because of the dirt particles contamination but other chemical properties not able to hold that long.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anybody list down the body mastery art in kl and pj area?

those that can do art work like hand metal bending?
conversion of A to Z body form?

hope can list down so can hunt for good source
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience