Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
4 months. then change to samco. haha. i change it when i swap to double layer radiator. the previous single layer radiator from my 1.5 auto not that effective after swap to 93. my swap was not done properly btw. i did a lot of fixing and minor mods after the swap.
thinking of getting double layer too. Can I install the 1.6 wider radiator on a 1.5? will that has better cooling? cos I don't know what is the current condition of the fan and when they will break down :-)

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i changed the ori black hose 4 years ago because the bypass pipe rust and about to leak. The current one didn't fail yet. Since I'm changing radiator may as well change the hose too. Easier to remember... old man problem. LoL.
Squeeze the hose. If still soft and supple, no need change.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Wanna ask anybody head of AMR500 supercharger?
My friend juz start to poison me to fit a supercharger.Hahahahahaha
What I go and research is these supercharger are universal and can fit different type of car.
Saw 1 on youtube in a 4g15 cab.
as good as worthless imo

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
if letak supercharger, rod, piston need to be able to handle the load. also the block as well. correct me if im wrong?

Reactions: Izso

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
if letak supercharger, rod, piston need to be able to handle the load. also the block as well. correct me if im wrong?
make sure ade fuel....
rods just need to make sure can deal with the added stress... that tiny blower he mentioned, shouldnt be an issue. pistons, with the low boost i dont think compression needs to be reduced

as for the block, u dont tend to 'upgrade the block'... i think all u can do to the block is korek bigger holes for bigger pistons, maybe cut the block for added clearances if u stroke the engine.. and maybe add a block guard if its an open deck

Reactions: leinnz

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thinking of getting double layer too. Can I install the 1.6 wider radiator on a 1.5? will that has better cooling? cos I don't know what is the current condition of the fan and when they will break down :-)
Is your car originally an auto or manual? The auto rad is much bigger. If it's already auto then just get a campro/CFE rad. It's thicker and bigger and almost PNP

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wanna ask anybody head of AMR500 supercharger?
My friend juz start to poison me to fit a supercharger.Hahahahahaha
What I go and research is these supercharger are universal and can fit different type of car.
Saw 1 on youtube in a 4g15 cab.
Don't bother la. You might as well turbo. But you'll need to do a shit load more things. Any forced induction means you're gonna need pistons, head gasket, fueling, engine management... I hope you got a good budget.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Is your car originally an auto or manual? The auto rad is much bigger. If it's already auto then just get a campro/CFE rad. It's thicker and bigger and almost PNP
mine original is 1.5 manual. Does that mean need to mod to fit the larger radiator?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
yours is the short radiator ah? those long/wide radiator are for auto wira. mine was auto and using the long/wide radiator. then change to double layer. no problem, the radiator will fit properly. just need to get 2 fans with shroud only.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Don't bother la. You might as well turbo. But you'll need to do a shit load more things. Any forced induction means you're gonna need pistons, head gasket, fueling, engine management... I hope you got a good budget.
He juz poison me but I amute to it.Hahahahaha
Now I juz wanna switch a new muffler (deep tone n not loud type)& extractor(stainless steel one mayb? Or even full set?See how budget go)
and I am juz sort of finish? Or isn't?Hahahahahaha
Brake upgrade also inside my consideration (upgrade steel hose &slote rotor)but juz slowly bit by bit mod as limited budget.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
mine original is 1.5 manual. Does that mean need to mod to fit the larger radiator?
You did not mention any plans for forced induction. So why need to fit larger radiator? Was the previous one not cooling the engine enough? Btw, regarding your damaged radiator, where's the damage? Fins or just the top cover. That may be repairable

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’re more than sure that you’ve asked yourself a question like this at some point; how much does the “X” car cost in other countries? Well, we decided to try to answer that question for the “Z” car, aka the Nissan 350Z which is available in most countries. For time’s sake, we searched for the price of the entry-level (standard equipment differs in each country) Nissan 350Z in 23 markets all over the world converting prices...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience