Where to do chassis repair and strengthening in PJ/KL/Subang?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
this car was passed down to me from my brother. at time of accident, he was the owner and he was driving. so all the claims was done by him. I did asked him before but he said the adjuster said still can fix. i'm using the car now but it's still under his name.
Good luck finding a good repair shop.
To keep your spirit up please launch Youtube and search 'arthur tussik'.

watch video with thumbnail that make u think 'this one sure total-loss'.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
do it quietly
that's the plan. haha

Good luck finding a good repair shop.
To keep your spirit up please launch Youtube and search 'arthur tussik'.

watch video with thumbnail that make u think 'this one sure total-loss'.
i've watched a few other car build videos on youtube. so i think should be able to fix it eventho will not get 100% perfect. at least if can make it sturdy and can drive it for another 10 years, i'm already quite happy.

5K just for that. Havent factor in the price of a respray and whatnots. Almost the price of buying a complete used car.
i need to check again for the details with my mech. a good chassis will cost me RM1k++ for a proper C99 with legit papers.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
bro @sanekit , get better chassis. Do it quietly since you plan to drive until can do leg braking (flintstone style).
Repair work on ur current wira will cost you arm n leg.

Ya it took me sometimes to let go sentimental old sentra for rm500. :smokin:

Last edited:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i need to check again for the details with my mech. a good chassis will cost me RM1k++ for a proper C99 with legit papers.
I am wondering if it will be more worthwhile to buy a complete car to do the conversion. Swap the engines across and sell off the other car.

Alternately, leave the current as it is and run it to the ground

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I am wondering if it will be more worthwhile to buy a complete car to do the conversion. Swap the engines across and sell off the other car.

IF he buy another complete wira , the ithcy "force" is different liao. hahahah....

Reactions: Needles Tosay

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
IF he buy another complete wira , the ithcy "force" is different liao. hahahah....
There's a potential benefit to buying a complete vehicle. You get to thoroughly test the chassis before deciding on the swap.

In my mind, there's a doubt with purchasing a halfcut empty chassis. Why are they getting stripped bare?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro @sanekit , get better chassis. Do it quietly since you plan to drive until can do leg braking (flintstone style).

I still have my hyundai, but son still uses it once in a while. Sell will be cheap, maybe get more if sell in parts.......lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

ayyyy. then i will need to have a further discussion with my mech. hahaha

complete car is expensive. then i will end up with more parts where i dont have anywhere to keep. haha. buy bare chassis would be better since i'm gonna go and swap everything there.

looks like so far all votes leaning towards chassis swap..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ayyyy. then i will need to have a further discussion with my mech. hahaha

complete car is expensive. then i will end up with more parts where i dont have anywhere to keep. haha. buy bare chassis would be better since i'm gonna go and swap everything there.

looks like so far all votes leaning towards chassis swap..
That is because the accident looks really bad.......

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
That is because the accident looks really bad.......
it looks bad but if u see from adjuster point of view, it's not. because the pillars all in tact. only the side frame crumple a bit. but the workshop didnt do a good job with the side frame.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I have a 3" straight flow exhaust setup on my turbo car. I have a mid-box resonator (pretty large one and is straight flow) and a pretty large straight flow rear muffler. But it's still loud and the droning at 2.6-3k rpm is killing me since I'm in that rev range a lot.

I've been reading up about side-branch resonators and helmholtz resonators. It's those weird branch exhaust add-ons that apparently take away the droning by cancelling out certain frequencies depending on length of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience