Where to do chassis repair and strengthening in PJ/KL/Subang?

this car was passed down to me from my brother. at time of accident, he was the owner and he was driving. so all the claims was done by him. I did asked him before but he said the adjuster said still can fix. i'm using the car now but it's still under his name.
Good luck finding a good repair shop.
To keep your spirit up please launch Youtube and search 'arthur tussik'.

watch video with thumbnail that make u think 'this one sure total-loss'.

sanekit

Dec 9, 2015
do it quietly
that's the plan. haha

Good luck finding a good repair shop.
To keep your spirit up please launch Youtube and search 'arthur tussik'.

watch video with thumbnail that make u think 'this one sure total-loss'.
i've watched a few other car build videos on youtube. so i think should be able to fix it eventho will not get 100% perfect. at least if can make it sturdy and can drive it for another 10 years, i'm already quite happy.

5K just for that. Havent factor in the price of a respray and whatnots. Almost the price of buying a complete used car.
i need to check again for the details with my mech. a good chassis will cost me RM1k++ for a proper C99 with legit papers.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
bro @sanekit , get better chassis. Do it quietly since you plan to drive until can do leg braking (flintstone style).
Repair work on ur current wira will cost you arm n leg.

Ya it took me sometimes to let go sentimental old sentra for rm500. :smokin:

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
i need to check again for the details with my mech. a good chassis will cost me RM1k++ for a proper C99 with legit papers.
I am wondering if it will be more worthwhile to buy a complete car to do the conversion. Swap the engines across and sell off the other car.

Alternately, leave the current as it is and run it to the ground

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
I am wondering if it will be more worthwhile to buy a complete car to do the conversion. Swap the engines across and sell off the other car.

IF he buy another complete wira , the ithcy "force" is different liao. hahahah....

Reactions: Needles Tosay

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
IF he buy another complete wira , the ithcy "force" is different liao. hahahah....
There's a potential benefit to buying a complete vehicle. You get to thoroughly test the chassis before deciding on the swap.

In my mind, there's a doubt with purchasing a halfcut empty chassis. Why are they getting stripped bare?

bro @sanekit , get better chassis. Do it quietly since you plan to drive until can do leg braking (flintstone style).

I still have my hyundai, but son still uses it once in a while. Sell will be cheap, maybe get more if sell in parts.......lol

sanekit

Dec 9, 2015

ayyyy. then i will need to have a further discussion with my mech. hahaha

complete car is expensive. then i will end up with more parts where i dont have anywhere to keep. haha. buy bare chassis would be better since i'm gonna go and swap everything there.

looks like so far all votes leaning towards chassis swap..

ayyyy. then i will need to have a further discussion with my mech. hahaha

complete car is expensive. then i will end up with more parts where i dont have anywhere to keep. haha. buy bare chassis would be better since i'm gonna go and swap everything there.

looks like so far all votes leaning towards chassis swap..
That is because the accident looks really bad.......

sanekit

Dec 9, 2015
That is because the accident looks really bad.......
it looks bad but if u see from adjuster point of view, it's not. because the pillars all in tact. only the side frame crumple a bit. but the workshop didnt do a good job with the side frame.

Guys,

I have a 3" straight flow exhaust setup on my turbo car. I have a mid-box resonator (pretty large one and is straight flow) and a pretty large straight flow rear muffler. But it's still loud and the droning at 2.6-3k rpm is killing me since I'm in that rev range a lot.

I've been reading up about side-branch resonators and helmholtz resonators. It's those weird branch exhaust add-ons that apparently take away the droning by cancelling out certain frequencies depending on length of the...